Vetsmoke Goes Perpetual With Bonsai Mothers, Clones & DIY Builds

Put together this little intake fan for the flower tent a few days ago now. Just attached a short piece of 4" ducting. Working nicely and super quiet.
20210309_214923.jpg

Maybe an inner and outer flexible ducting with some fluffy crap in between?
Exactly that, the stuffing inbetween is about an inch thick.
I'm not impressed with the material (fluffy crap) that's used on the ducting I purchased. The fibre that's used Is similar to fibre class, it was digging in my skin and itching. If you don't seal the ends properly it gets everywhere. When I found some fibres on my plants the ducting was gone/out.
I don't know if this covers all acoustic ducting, I'd hope not.

Thanks. I’ve had a few schemes to make some sort of long tube and use mattress foamy material for the fluffy crap, but none have gotten off the ground, mainly because my fan noise is already minimal so I keep getting lazy about it. The muffler would have to be outdoors which complicates it a little too.

Yes, foam for the interior material would be far better, I was rather shocked to find the fibre being used on the one I had and how it behaved. I'm sure there's better out there on the market, maybe I got the cheap product.

The way I control noise now is an oversized fan and scrubber, dialled down on a controller. So like yourself there's minimal noise, I have to place my hand on the fan to check it's working sometimes it's so quiet. So don't really need the acoustic ducting now.
Good luck with the diy project.

Yes as Lister said it's a fibreglass filling like old loft insulation. It's bulky as hell and that's why I ended up not using it. Made a cheap quick muffler alright though.

Nice update on the girls tonight. Had them out the tent as I was replacing that damaged ducting.

OGK#1
20210311_215824.jpg
20210311_215840.jpg

OGK#2
20210311_215647.jpg
IMG_20210311_211531_DRO.jpg

Critical Mass
20210311_215734.jpg
IMG_20210311_211844_DRO.jpg

Relaxing under the TS600
IMG_20210311_212625_DRO.jpg

Forgot which journal I was on then. Just had to repeat myself on the sponsored one :laugh:

The update I was supposed to put here is on the critical mass reversal. Think those balls may start popping soon. First time though so I'm not sure.
IMG_20210311_215233_DRO.jpg
IMG_20210311_215509_DRO.jpg

Yes as Lister said it's a fibreglass filling like old loft insulation. It's bulky as hell and that's why I ended up not using it. Made a cheap quick muffler alright though.

Nice update on the girls tonight. Had them out the tent as I was replacing that damaged ducting.

OGK#1
20210311_215824.jpg
20210311_215840.jpg

OGK#2
20210311_215647.jpg
IMG_20210311_211531_DRO.jpg

Critical Mass
20210311_215734.jpg
IMG_20210311_211844_DRO.jpg

Relaxing under the TS600
IMG_20210311_212625_DRO.jpg
You must be very proud. Amazing work my friend. Just Beautiful.

Forgot which journal I was on then. Just had to repeat myself on the sponsored one :laugh:

The update I was supposed to put here is on the critical mass reversal. Think those balls may start popping soon. First time though so I'm not sure.
IMG_20210311_215233_DRO.jpg
IMG_20210311_215509_DRO.jpg
Just looking at that male gave me anxiety. :bong:

The only thing that would beat being high and playing my air guitar to this in the kitchen right now would be doing it with friends. Happy Saturday everyone. Stay safe, be sensible and we'll get back to moments like that.

The only thing that would beat being high and playing my air guitar to this in the kitchen right now would be doing it with friends. Happy Saturday everyone. Stay safe, be sensible and we'll get back to moments like that.
Seen Floyd many times over the years. Amazing guitar player.
I'd love to hear you crank it.

Think what I love most about that performance is how into it he still is. They're all loving it. My Dad was a really talented guitarist but I never picked it up. His band could've been famous but they turned down an offer from a manager that had just signed another band in Liverpool called the Beatles. Idiots :laugh:

Great choice :thumb:

Music is keeping me sane and happy these days - well, always, but in these times even more so!

Seen Floyd many times over the years. Amazing guitar player.
His playing is always mesmerising!

I've also been lucky to attend some Pink Floyd gigs, including the Berlin Wall gig in '90 :D (dayum, that's more than 30 years ago now...)

The gorilla glue packs a punch now. Mrs had 2 bongs and has had a rough night bless her. I had one and was riding the crest for a good half hour. She's not used to over indulging. Ha ha. She felt better knowing it happens to us all from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom