Vetsmoke85 First Grow Stealth Cabinet

Quick look in before work. Happy with how even the canopies are getting. Probably easy for all of you to spot but where is the main cola on #1?

Attachments

• 20190417_042806.jpg
    20190417_042806.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
They're coming along nicely now. #2 Is becoming a pain as I expected her to stay tiny but she just keeps growing. Love it though. Will rapidly run out of space in the cabinet now I think. I've had to remove their saucers after watering so they can both get in better under the lights. Think I'll try putting that other light rig in this weekend so they have a bit more space to go up. Will have to check over #1 tonight too as this morning I noticed under the blurple that one tip was discoloured. She had 1ml BioGrow to 1L water feed last night which is the most she's had in one go before so possibly a slight bit of nutrient burn. Only noticed it on one leaf tip but will see what she looks like after work.

Just thinking ahead slightly before I check on her again but could this be an indication it's time to dial back the grow nutrients a little and start the bloom nutrients as she doesn't need as much nitrogen now? I believe I'm right in thinking flowering plants still require nitrogen but smaller amounts and the bloom nutrients contain less N.

Just thinking ahead slightly before I check on her again but could this be an indication it's time to dial back the grow nutrients a little and start the bloom nutrients as she doesn't need as much nitrogen now? I believe I'm right in thinking flowering plants still require nitrogen but smaller amounts and the bloom nutrients contain less N.
While the idea seems absolutely right, 1ml into 1l is really only 25% of BioBizz' recommended amount. I don't think you should cut back on an already low-dosed nutrient, but others might have different opinions. Moreover, BioGrow is 100% organic, so it's even harder to overdose with it.
As you know I'm a first time grower, so this is strictly only my personal opinion. ;)

While the idea seems absolutely right, 1ml into 1l is really only 25% of BioBizz' recommended amount. I don't think you should cut back on an already low-dosed nutrient, but others might have different opinions. Moreover, BioGrow is 100% organic, so it's even harder to overdose with it.
As you know I'm a first time grower, so this is strictly only my personal opinion. ;)
Hi Alice! Thanks for the input. Will see how she is when I'm home. I'm using that low amount as I read many auto grow threads recommending using 1/8 to 1/4 of the manufacturers recommended doses on autoflowers. Also I read that this particular strain can be sensitive to nitrogen. I probably should've mentioned that before. Ha ha. If it's still just the one tip I won't worry about it.

This is the chart I've been referencing. Not sure if yours is the same @AliceGG . So I'm into week 5 now and giving 1/3 recommended dose according to this with Light-mix soil.

Attachments

• biobizz_grow_chart.jpg
    biobizz_grow_chart.jpg
    465.8 KB · Views: 14
Well the discolouration is only one tiny tip after inspecting her in normal light. No panic. Will feed her as normal again next time. #2 was totally dry and starting to drop a little so she's had a feed. Think I'll wait a bit longer before adding bloom nutes for both.

Attachments

• 20190417_203056.jpg
    20190417_203056.jpg
    778.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 20190417_203137.jpg
    20190417_203137.jpg
    628.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20190417_203142.jpg
    20190417_203142.jpg
    556.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20190417_203626.jpg
    20190417_203626.jpg
    679.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190417_204034.jpg
    20190417_204034.jpg
    746.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 20190417_204041.jpg
    20190417_204041.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 21
This is the chart I've been referencing. Not sure if yours is the same @AliceGG . So I'm into week 5 now and giving 1/3 recommended dose according to this with Light-mix soil.

Well, I only have the chart that they provide on their website, but I believe this is the most recent:

But it is very similar to yours. On your chart, the whole design on the bottles is the older design, I wonder if you got your nutrients with this old or the new design?
The reason I'm asking is because I've read on their site that since these nutes are organic without any preservative, they are only good for some amount of time. In fact, my ActiVera (which is an aloe vera extract) smelled quite strange when I first opened it, so I only used it once, and put it away since then.

Btw, my autos both have a bit of tipburn, most likely from excess nitrogen, but I'm much more generous ( :D ) with these BioBizz nutes and additives.

Thanks for the input. Yes that's my main concern too. I've used a 9L air pot chopped down to hold about 4L. The pot now stands around 14cm tall. Hoping this will help save vertical space but also encourage the plant to grow short, combined with LST. I also have another lower profile 100W LED panel I can switch in to save a few inches if needed. If that all goes wrong I'll have to try switching to CFL maybe? Trial and error.
My suggestion is well first off. Welcome and thank you for your service. Id get some Lowryder strain and youll be fine. They only get 14 or 15 inches tall MAX
HAPPY HARVEST brutha

My suggestion is well first off. Welcome and thank you for your service. Id get some Lowryder strain and youll be fine. They only get 14 or 15 inches tall MAX
HAPPY HARVEST brutha
Thanks Nicky. I've actually been looking into strains for the next grow the last couple of weeks and seen the lowryder but for whatever reason it's not really appealed to me. Some of the lowryder x strains look good so may try one of those. I think quite a few of the auto strains out there have a lowryder parent. Some state they've crossed their best lowryder with something else where others just say they've used some form of ruderalis. Lots to learn, and lots to try. Appreciate the input bro.

Well, I only have the chart that they provide on their website, but I believe this is the most recent:

But it is very similar to yours. On your chart, the whole design on the bottles is the older design, I wonder if you got your nutrients with this old or the new design?
The reason I'm asking is because I've read on their site that since these nutes are organic without any preservative, they are only good for some amount of time. In fact, my ActiVera (which is an aloe vera extract) smelled quite strange when I first opened it, so I only used it once, and put it away since then.

Btw, my autos both have a bit of tipburn, most likely from excess nitrogen, but I'm much more generous ( :D ) with these BioBizz nutes and additives.
Good question. Will have to check tonight. Highly doubt the guy at the hydro shop would've given me old stuff but worth checking. It all smells a bit strange doesn't it? Ha ha. I should probably invest in a EC & ph meter at some point to test my run off but so far everything has gone okay so I haven't bothered. Bit lazy really.

Would quite like to try this one so will be interesting to see how @AliceGG 's auto jack turns out. Pretty much the same strain I believe.

#2 Has gone nuts and outgrown her big sister somehow.
20190419_085954.jpg

Both looking healthy still but the growth on #1 is nowhere as fast. Maybe because she has more branches etc. or just taking a little longer?
20190419_085942.jpg

Happy Friday!

Probably spot on there mate. Really looking forward to the final results. #2 is on a daily feed now and I suspect that may turn into twice daily. Bit of a pain but not so bad when I'm just looking after these two.

Back
Top Bottom