420 Magazine Background

VetSmoke85

Nug of the Month: Dec 2020 - Member of the Month: Jan 2021 - Plant of the Month: Feb 2021
The flower light is coming along nicely. Can you spot where I lost concentration and messed up? Damn that thermal tape is sticky. :laugh:
20201020_182346.jpg
 

VetSmoke85

Nug of the Month: Dec 2020 - Member of the Month: Jan 2021 - Plant of the Month: Feb 2021
Little lady seems to be enjoying her new home. Leaves pushing out to the edge of the pot already.
IMG_20201020_210833_DRO.jpg


Red 2 is hanging in there. Couple more weeks to go. See if she makes it.
IMG_20201020_210852_DRO.jpg
 

syenite

Well-Known Member
The flower light is coming along nicely. Can you spot where I lost concentration and messed up? Damn that thermal tape is sticky. :laugh:

Haha is it that third panel from the left, which is just off being parallel to the others?
 

VetSmoke85

Nug of the Month: Dec 2020 - Member of the Month: Jan 2021 - Plant of the Month: Feb 2021
Haha is it that third panel from the left, which is just off being parallel to the others?
Ha ha. Correct. I lost concentration for a minute and somehow placed it down totally wonky. The tape is solid so it won't budge now.
 

VetSmoke85

Nug of the Month: Dec 2020 - Member of the Month: Jan 2021 - Plant of the Month: Feb 2021
24 hours and you can see the steady growth. She's going nicely so far. Roots already starting to poke out the bottom of this pot. Nice to have this one growing as I'd expect.
20201021_221518.jpg
 

VetSmoke85

Nug of the Month: Dec 2020 - Member of the Month: Jan 2021 - Plant of the Month: Feb 2021

VetSmoke85

Nug of the Month: Dec 2020 - Member of the Month: Jan 2021 - Plant of the Month: Feb 2021
The missing third leaflet on that fan leaf?
The winner yet again :laugh: Can't believe I only noticed it last night. Got her out to take a pic and thought something didn't quite look right. It's weird, the central leaf has a strange line in it down in the corner where that 3rd leaf should be. In fact the whole side of that leaf is different.
 

syenite

Well-Known Member
I've definitely had some strange asymmetries and deformities with the earlier leaves!

I'm curious as to why they tend to happen at that stage. Or perhaps that's not true, and such deformities can happen at any point, it's just they're super obvious when the plant only has a few leaves?

She's looking great, in any case! Looks like she's racing to her next up-pot already...

:ganjamon:
 

VetSmoke85

Nug of the Month: Dec 2020 - Member of the Month: Jan 2021 - Plant of the Month: Feb 2021
I've definitely had some strange asymmetries and deformities with the earlier leaves!

I'm curious as to why they tend to happen at that stage. Or perhaps that's not true, and such deformities can happen at any point, it's just they're super obvious when the plant only has a few leaves?

She's looking great, in any case! Looks like she's racing to her next up-pot already...

:ganjamon:
Yeah you could be right there mate. She's certainly moving quicker than the last ones. Off to to a promising start.
 

VetSmoke85

Nug of the Month: Dec 2020 - Member of the Month: Jan 2021 - Plant of the Month: Feb 2021
Managed a couple of tests on the DIY strip light tonight. Tweaked the built in dimmer until I had 60W on the plug in meter. Measured 152.6 VDC across the 8 strips so if my maths is right they're driven at 390mA now. Left it on for about half an hour and checked the temperature at several places on the strips and frame. Nowhere was higher than 32.2C. Need to do those tests again when it's been on longer but so far so good.
20201023_235305.jpg
IMG_20201023_233551_DRO.jpg
 

VetSmoke85

Nug of the Month: Dec 2020 - Member of the Month: Jan 2021 - Plant of the Month: Feb 2021
Veerry nice man!

Can I ask what the total cost of the build was??
Of course mate. £73.10. I already had a couple of connectors, cable ties, wire, plug and nuts and bolts. So with those bits added maybe looking at just over £80.
 

VetSmoke85

Nug of the Month: Dec 2020 - Member of the Month: Jan 2021 - Plant of the Month: Feb 2021
Yeah
Wow. That's amazing!
I think DIY builds are the way to go for sure. Could have done things differently or better but managed to keep the cost down and it will kick out more than enough light for my setup. Could easily be used in any future builds too and adapted as needed. Scope to add 2 more strips if I wanted too. They're only £2.15 each.
 

VetSmoke85

Nug of the Month: Dec 2020 - Member of the Month: Jan 2021 - Plant of the Month: Feb 2021

VetSmoke85

Nug of the Month: Dec 2020 - Member of the Month: Jan 2021 - Plant of the Month: Feb 2021
GG has been put into her final pot and watered in with some seaweed extract. She's 2 weeks old now. Red 2 is hanging on in there. Slowed right down on the feeding. Should have 1.5 weeks to go. Red Leader buds are drying nicely in the fridge. I think anyway. Been in for 5 or 6 days now and just starting to feel like they're drying on the outside.
20201024_234523.jpg
20201024_234548.jpg
 

VetSmoke85

Nug of the Month: Dec 2020 - Member of the Month: Jan 2021 - Plant of the Month: Feb 2021
Got a lux meter app on my phone and measured 46500 at 12" when powered at 60W with the DIY light. Roughly positioned at centre. Probably not overly accurate but gives an indication of what it's kicking out.
 

VetSmoke85

Nug of the Month: Dec 2020 - Member of the Month: Jan 2021 - Plant of the Month: Feb 2021
So this morning I see the beginning of the yellowing in the GG's leaves. Same as the last two. Been doing more reading up on deficiencies which points to either, ph, nitrogen or manganese. So far she's only been fed with seaweed extract so the next one I'll add some biobizz grow and see what happens. Looking at getting a fresh bag of soil, cutting the worm castings and trying mega crop again.
 
Top Bottom