Red 2 will be 8 weeks on Wednesday. Right on track to finish in 9.
20201026_200129.jpg

GG is growing nicely but got that slight yellowing appearing on the leaves. Tomorrow I'm going to try and get to the hydro shop to pick up some proper ph down (been using cider vinegar), some ecothrive biosys and ecothrive lifecycle. Full of beneficial microbes and such. See if that helps at all. Love her chunky indica leaves.
20201026_200056.jpg

IMG_20201026_195323_DRO.jpg

Managed to fit the light in the flower tent tonight so I'll leave that running overnight with the hygrometer in there and see what the environment is looking like.
20201028_232722.jpg
20201028_232809.jpg

GG isn't looking too happy. I've put her on an old fan case to raise her off the deck to air out the bottom of the pot. Waiting for her to dry out before I flush the pot with ph'd water. Fingers crossed she picks up after that. Some of those leaves are looking horrible.
20201028_232833.jpg
20201028_232858.jpg
20201028_232915.jpg
20201028_232936.jpg

Tent and the new light are looking good Vet!

Remind me - are you using CalMag?
Yeah started using it and if anything things just got worse. @TheNuttyProfessor suspects too much Nitrogen as did the guy at the hydro shop. Think I gave her a full soak too soon as well. Got a fresh bag of light mix and future pottings I'll go back to keeping it simple.

Cheers! Noticed a couple of minor light leaks with this light in so need to sort that out before any photos go in there. Not sure it would be enough to cause an issue but no point risking it.

Congrats on that purple bud harvest. That had amazing color.
I like the diy lights. Once you start using clones you'll love it. Everybody is uniform, predictable, and ripen exactly the same time. Nice looking grow btw.

Congrats on that purple bud harvest. That had amazing color.
I like the diy lights. Once you start using clones you'll love it. Everybody is uniform, predictable, and ripen exactly the same time. Nice looking grow btw.
Thanks Jim. Not a lot but what there is looks great. Should be taking Red 2 down pretty soon.
Yeah I'm really looking forward to getting started with the cloning. Hopefully I can get over these teething problems with the mother and get some cuttings in a few weeks. Been reading up on bonsai mother plants so I may give that a go to have a couple of strains going.

Just been reading what biobizz top-max actually is and it states the 2 main components are fulvic & humic acid. But it's only supposed to be used during flowering. Hang on.... aren't they beneficial to having healthy plants and roots throughout the entire life cycle? I'm thinking it's just stated only to use in flowering so they can sell the root juice too. I think I'm gonna try it in small doses from the beginning.

Looks like GG is slowly starting to pick up after I tried drowning her. Hoping plain water when she's ready will help to slow down or stop the yellowing.
20201029_195543.jpg
20201029_195603.jpg

Red 2 is still here hanging out. Probably get chopped sometime over the weekend or early next week.
20201029_195513.jpg

Busy night tonight. Starting with Red 2. I had the opportunity and she looked ready enough for me so she got the chop. Tiny but pretty. Hanging her whole in the flower tent to dry. Good way to test the carbon filter before I grow anything in there.
20201030_230231.jpg
20201030_230354.jpg
20201030_230447.jpg
20201030_230534.jpg
20201030_230149.jpg

GG is looking a fair bit better. She had dried right up so had a feed tonight with plain ph'd water and a little bio-silicon. Had a trim on top too.
20201030_230559.jpg
20201030_230626.jpg
20201030_230646.jpg

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you all have an awesome weekend.

Wow, man! That’s some dangerous looking dank!
:welldone:
Thanks Donkey. A cool looking strain that's for sure.
Glad to see GG looking better. WTF happened there?
Over watered and over fertilised it seems. Hopefully I can keep her on the right path now. All fun and games. I have to remember I'm really still a total newbie to this game and to keep things simple.

She's looking much happier. Think I'm going to change my plan slightly. Rather than use this as a mother I will take a few cuttings, one of which will hopefully become a bonsai mother. Then train this one into a manifold of sorts and get her in the flower tent.
20201031_153538.jpg

This GG plant is like nothing I've grown before. Those big fan leaf stems are like tree trunks now. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. Considering the issues I've had starting off she's proper sturdy.

Thing #3 didn't fancy letting me get to bed tonight. So being sat up with him seemed a perfect time for some seed shopping :laugh:. Gone with an order of @Dope-Seeds.com own seeds. Been happy with the ones I've done from them so far. Ordered 2 x Critical Mass, 2 x Northern Lights & 1 x OG Kush. Should get 2 freebies with that I think and asked for another OG Kush and a skittlez (blackskull).

Oh and here's a few pics of GG after a bit of a trim. Topped and bottom node removed. The 2nd and 3rd nodes will be for taking cuttings and the 4th will be trained into a manifold. If I've halted this yellowing nonsense.
20201101_201445.jpg
20201101_201510.jpg
20201101_201551.jpg

Ordered a couple more bits today so I can carry out the plan. Got some 1L square plastic pots coming for the bonsai mothers. Going to follow Nebula Haze's guide. Plan is to have 3 mothers (gorilla glue, critical mass & OG kush). Flower 2 clones from each at a time in 2L fabric pots. To make life easier I've decided to go back to Mega Crop. Figured I can easily have two jugs mixed up, one light feed for the mothers and another for the flowering plants. We'll see how it goes anyway.

The GG has had another watering today with just plain ph'd water and some bio-silicon. Will be getting a little more training this evening so I'll follow up with pics after.

Back
Top Bottom