The flower light is coming along nicely. Can you spot where I lost concentration and messed up? Damn that thermal tape is sticky. :laugh:
20201020_182346.jpg

The flower light is coming along nicely. Can you spot where I lost concentration and messed up? Damn that thermal tape is sticky. :laugh:

Haha is it that third panel from the left, which is just off being parallel to the others?

The missing third leaflet on that fan leaf?
The winner yet again :laugh: Can't believe I only noticed it last night. Got her out to take a pic and thought something didn't quite look right. It's weird, the central leaf has a strange line in it down in the corner where that 3rd leaf should be. In fact the whole side of that leaf is different.

I've definitely had some strange asymmetries and deformities with the earlier leaves!

I'm curious as to why they tend to happen at that stage. Or perhaps that's not true, and such deformities can happen at any point, it's just they're super obvious when the plant only has a few leaves?

She's looking great, in any case! Looks like she's racing to her next up-pot already...

:ganjamon:

I've definitely had some strange asymmetries and deformities with the earlier leaves!

I'm curious as to why they tend to happen at that stage. Or perhaps that's not true, and such deformities can happen at any point, it's just they're super obvious when the plant only has a few leaves?

She's looking great, in any case! Looks like she's racing to her next up-pot already...

:ganjamon:
Yeah you could be right there mate. She's certainly moving quicker than the last ones. Off to to a promising start.

Managed a couple of tests on the DIY strip light tonight. Tweaked the built in dimmer until I had 60W on the plug in meter. Measured 152.6 VDC across the 8 strips so if my maths is right they're driven at 390mA now. Left it on for about half an hour and checked the temperature at several places on the strips and frame. Nowhere was higher than 32.2C. Need to do those tests again when it's been on longer but so far so good.
20201023_235305.jpg
IMG_20201023_233551_DRO.jpg

Veerry nice man!

Can I ask what the total cost of the build was??
Of course mate. £73.10. I already had a couple of connectors, cable ties, wire, plug and nuts and bolts. So with those bits added maybe looking at just over £80.

Yeah
Wow. That's amazing!
I think DIY builds are the way to go for sure. Could have done things differently or better but managed to keep the cost down and it will kick out more than enough light for my setup. Could easily be used in any future builds too and adapted as needed. Scope to add 2 more strips if I wanted too. They're only £2.15 each.

GG has been put into her final pot and watered in with some seaweed extract. She's 2 weeks old now. Red 2 is hanging on in there. Slowed right down on the feeding. Should have 1.5 weeks to go. Red Leader buds are drying nicely in the fridge. I think anyway. Been in for 5 or 6 days now and just starting to feel like they're drying on the outside.
20201024_234523.jpg
20201024_234548.jpg

So this morning I see the beginning of the yellowing in the GG's leaves. Same as the last two. Been doing more reading up on deficiencies which points to either, ph, nitrogen or manganese. So far she's only been fed with seaweed extract so the next one I'll add some biobizz grow and see what happens. Looking at getting a fresh bag of soil, cutting the worm castings and trying mega crop again.

Back
Top Bottom