VG After Dark Featuring Weedseedsexpress & Mars Hydro TS1000

used to winter camp as well. few times literally in a tent. -25c. thought i was gonna be a dead man, but we had the gear, and the guys i went with were super experienced.

i also had a job where i supplied remote hostels / hiking lodges in the middle of winter in the mountains. that was fun. i spent christmas at one once. we hiked a huge ridge and snowboarded it in the afternoon. was only the second time i had snowshoed getting to the top. felt like some sort of uncoordinated penguin lol.
That's living!

Hmmm that might explain the pink/purple on my Green Crack. Garage gets pretty cold at lights out. Some cool coloring but I'll make sure to give it some extra mag. I'm not much of a sativa grower, I got @Carcass and me both growing one at the wrong time :hmmmm: and his is turning purple too

:idea:
I'm writing 64 degrees F down! It's good to know when not to treat for a def when it's temp! V you did it again!

Effects of cold temps on Cannabis:

Some cool coloring but I'll make sure to give it some extra mag.
If a plant can't uptake Mg when it's cold, I don't think that more Mg is the answer. It may mean there's too much Mg when the plant actually can take it up.

If a plant can't uptake Mg when it's cold, I don't think that more Mg is the answer. It may mean there's too much Mg when the plant actually can take it up.
I'm not sure it's the cold causing that discoloration. It's 70-75 in there during 19 hours of the day, and drops to 62-64 at night, so I thought that might be a possible reason but still not sure. I've read that article before and it talks about the median temp being low, and mine really isn't.
But I'm not purposely giving more Mag....I'm just giving the plant Cal-Mag during this time anyway, because I'm dosing her pretty good with K supplements. I know giving more Cal during a Cal lockout may be in that same realm of thought, and could just be a waste, but it gets it.
Really I'm just happy to make it through these months with no major cold-related issues, and next month I won't have to worry about that anymore lol.

They talk about using cold to trigger a trichome increase in there too. Nice article shed!

Highya VG,

I musta missed something. I don't remember your Green Crack that big. And with pistils! She looks great!

Isn't Charlotte's Web a CBD lady? I'll be interested to see how she turns out. Hope you're well! Happy Smokin'

Hi V! Green Crack is fetching! Charlotte now, she's something of a thin leafer huh? sweet!
I think Charlotte has hemp in her lineage.
I've been trying to find info but it seems to be a guarded secret.
Highya VG,

I musta missed something. I don't remember your Green Crack that big. And with pistils! She looks great!

Isn't Charlotte's Web a CBD lady? I'll be interested to see how she turns out. Hope you're well! Happy Smokin'
She has her imperfections from battling the cold.
Currently she is sitting at 69° and 45% rh with lights off. I'm watching it much closer now.
I put my humidifier in the middle of my bedroom to fight the low (23%) rh. It's working so far. Now that I'm at around 45-50% rh my plants are breathing easier and so am I.

The Charlotte is a 19:1 CBD strain.

Green Crack. Day 38 since flip.

Charlotte's Web. Day 15 since flip.
She is finally at budset.

look healthy in here :lot-o-toke: :lot-o-toke:

I think Charlotte has hemp in her lineage.
I've been trying to find info but it seems to be a guarded secret.

She has her imperfections from battling the cold.
Currently she is sitting at 69° and 45% rh with lights off. I'm watching it much closer now.
I put my humidifier in the middle of my bedroom to fight the low (23%) rh. It's working so far. Now that I'm at around 45-50% rh my plants are breathing easier and so am I.

The Charlotte is a 19:1 CBD strain.

Hey VG.

Here's the info I found online for Charlotte's Web:

Charlotte’s Web is a medical strain high in CBD, a cannabis compound (or cannabinoid) that has a range of medical applications. Colorado growers the Stanley Brothers created this strain specifically for Charlotte Figi -- a young epilepsy patient and medical cannabis user -- by crossing an unspecified strain with industrial hemp. The effectiveness of Charlotte’s Web in treating Figi’s seizures was publicized in a CNN special and garnered enough attention to attract droves of families to Colorado in search of similar relief.

Charlotte’s Web has spurred a wave of innovation in CBD breeding, giving us strains like Cannatonic. With limited psychoactivity, Charlotte’s Web contains little to no THC. Its CBD content, however, runs from 15 to 20% — that’s 300 times higher than the CBD of the average recreational strain.

Unlike its cousin cannabinoid THC, CBD doesn’t act directly on the body’s endocannabinoid receptors. Instead, it is thought to work indirectly by increasing the availability of the body’s own endocannabinoid compounds to stimulate those receptors. Essentially, CBD may act as a booster to help out many of the body’s naturally functioning processes. Although Charlotte’s Web is available as a concentrated oil for easy medical ingestion, buds of the strain are also available for adults who prefer more traditional consumption. Flowers of this hemp-descended strain have a sativa appearance, with long, tapered buds and olive green leaves. Those accustomed to more psychoactive strains will notice that Charlotte’s Web has relatively few pistils and, due to the near-absence of THC-laden trichomes, very little stickiness. Its scent is more familiar: dank and piney with some light floral notes. When burnt, this strain gives off a smooth smoke. On the exhale, it may taste slightly skunky with an underlying grassy, vegetal taste that speaks to its hemp content.

As noted, Charlotte’s Web is bred specifically for a high CBD to THC ratio. Because of this ratio, Charlotte's Web can be useful for casual edible bakers who want to avoid an intense high. That said, depending on the particular phenotype of Charlotte’s Web consumed, users may get some buzzy effects ranging from a heightened sense of well-being to some sensory enhancement. Generally speaking, however, medical-grade Charlotte’s Web comes with negligible psychoactivity, making it a prime choice for patients – particularly children – who want to avoid getting high. In fact, researchers believe that the presence of CBD may actually act to shut down any trippy or anxiety-inducing feelings caused by trace amounts of THC.

The CBD in this strain can bind to receptors that regulate inflammation, body temperature, and perception of pain, making it a powerful treatment for those suffering from anything from a fever to chronic conditions like fibromyalgia and Parkinson’s Disease. At high levels, CBD can even stimulate serotonin-related receptors, conferring benefits for psychological conditions like anxiety, addiction, and sleep disturbance. Perhaps most significantly, recent studies of CBD have shown that it may work against cancer by destroying existing cancerous cells and halting the spread of new ones.

Charlotte’s Web creators the Stanley Brothers have not made the strain’s seeds available for commercial sale; consumers should be wary of any companies purporting to sell seeds under the Charlotte’s Web name. If prospective growers are able to obtain clones of this rare plant, they'll have success growing it both indoors and out -- the hemp in this strain’s genetics centuries for is less finicky than cannabis and can thrive in some harsh conditions. Plants have a bushy, indica-like shape. They flower within 8 to 9 weeks and typically offer a high yield of flowers. Growers should also note that only a certain portion of all clones planted will show themselves to be high in CBD -- others may have an equal balance of THC and CBD or simply have a higher concentration of THC.

Charlotte’s Web poses a challenging legal bind: advocates who consider it a medical hemp product, genetically distinct from cannabis indica or sativa, clash with legislators who classify it as medical marijuana, banned under federal law. As a result, doctors seeking to test its medical effectiveness in clinical trials are prevented from study because of federal restrictions on growing the plant. This strain has also stoked some ironic controversy over its name -- in Oregon, the state’s Liquor Control Commission banned the sale of Charlotte’s Web and several other strains because their names are potentially appealing to children. Nevertheless, Charlotte’s Web is gaining ground – it was legalized in Florida in 2014 and has since taken root in select dispensaries for statewide distribution.

I hope this provides you with more info than you had previously. And, I hope you're feeling well today. :hug:

Hi VG! Finally catching up on journals after a busy couple of weeks. Hope addressing the low temps fixes things. They're all looking great regardless. Oh and I'm sure you don't need reminding but make sure you don't ignore it if you've been feeling a little low. No shame in asking for a helping hand when it's needed. Keep that mental health where it needs to be. I've learnt that lesson not to try struggling through but to take some time out to address it and get back on track. :hug:

Interesting write-up on Charlotte's Web HG! A few of the items in there make me scratch my head though, and that makes the rest a bit iffy to me:
Charlotte’s Web has relatively few pistils and, due to the near-absence of THC-laden trichomes, very little stickiness.
What? I have never heard that trichomes and pistils are only for THC varieties.
Flowers of this hemp-descended strain have a sativa appearance,
Or is it:
Plants have a bushy, indica-like shape.
:hmmmm:
Growers should also note that only a certain portion of all clones planted will show themselves to be high in CBD -- others may have an equal balance of THC and CBD or simply have a higher concentration of THC.
This indicates to me that it might not be as stable a variety as some of the other CBD strains out there that have truly bred-out the THC from their phenotypes.

Just something to consider...

Hey VG...I hope all is well in the upper midwest! :love: :hug:

They're both looking good! Now that you solved the temperature issue, are they living on GeoFlora?
They are on Geoflora and some cal-mag 4-0-0. Since the temps are better they have been doing well.
look healthy in here :lot-o-toke: :lot-o-toke:

Hey Twinsun.
I'll hop on over asap.
Hey VG.

Here's the info I found online for Charlotte's Web:

Charlotte’s Web is a medical strain high in CBD, a cannabis compound (or cannabinoid) that has a range of medical applications. Colorado growers the Stanley Brothers created this strain specifically for Charlotte Figi -- a young epilepsy patient and medical cannabis user -- by crossing an unspecified strain with industrial hemp. The effectiveness of Charlotte’s Web in treating Figi’s seizures was publicized in a CNN special and garnered enough attention to attract droves of families to Colorado in search of similar relief.

Charlotte’s Web has spurred a wave of innovation in CBD breeding, giving us strains like Cannatonic. With limited psychoactivity, Charlotte’s Web contains little to no THC. Its CBD content, however, runs from 15 to 20% — that’s 300 times higher than the CBD of the average recreational strain.

Unlike its cousin cannabinoid THC, CBD doesn’t act directly on the body’s endocannabinoid receptors. Instead, it is thought to work indirectly by increasing the availability of the body’s own endocannabinoid compounds to stimulate those receptors. Essentially, CBD may act as a booster to help out many of the body’s naturally functioning processes. Although Charlotte’s Web is available as a concentrated oil for easy medical ingestion, buds of the strain are also available for adults who prefer more traditional consumption. Flowers of this hemp-descended strain have a sativa appearance, with long, tapered buds and olive green leaves. Those accustomed to more psychoactive strains will notice that Charlotte’s Web has relatively few pistils and, due to the near-absence of THC-laden trichomes, very little stickiness. Its scent is more familiar: dank and piney with some light floral notes. When burnt, this strain gives off a smooth smoke. On the exhale, it may taste slightly skunky with an underlying grassy, vegetal taste that speaks to its hemp content.

As noted, Charlotte’s Web is bred specifically for a high CBD to THC ratio. Because of this ratio, Charlotte's Web can be useful for casual edible bakers who want to avoid an intense high. That said, depending on the particular phenotype of Charlotte’s Web consumed, users may get some buzzy effects ranging from a heightened sense of well-being to some sensory enhancement. Generally speaking, however, medical-grade Charlotte’s Web comes with negligible psychoactivity, making it a prime choice for patients – particularly children – who want to avoid getting high. In fact, researchers believe that the presence of CBD may actually act to shut down any trippy or anxiety-inducing feelings caused by trace amounts of THC.

The CBD in this strain can bind to receptors that regulate inflammation, body temperature, and perception of pain, making it a powerful treatment for those suffering from anything from a fever to chronic conditions like fibromyalgia and Parkinson’s Disease. At high levels, CBD can even stimulate serotonin-related receptors, conferring benefits for psychological conditions like anxiety, addiction, and sleep disturbance. Perhaps most significantly, recent studies of CBD have shown that it may work against cancer by destroying existing cancerous cells and halting the spread of new ones.

Charlotte’s Web creators the Stanley Brothers have not made the strain’s seeds available for commercial sale; consumers should be wary of any companies purporting to sell seeds under the Charlotte’s Web name. If prospective growers are able to obtain clones of this rare plant, they'll have success growing it both indoors and out -- the hemp in this strain’s genetics centuries for is less finicky than cannabis and can thrive in some harsh conditions. Plants have a bushy, indica-like shape. They flower within 8 to 9 weeks and typically offer a high yield of flowers. Growers should also note that only a certain portion of all clones planted will show themselves to be high in CBD -- others may have an equal balance of THC and CBD or simply have a higher concentration of THC.

Charlotte’s Web poses a challenging legal bind: advocates who consider it a medical hemp product, genetically distinct from cannabis indica or sativa, clash with legislators who classify it as medical marijuana, banned under federal law. As a result, doctors seeking to test its medical effectiveness in clinical trials are prevented from study because of federal restrictions on growing the plant. This strain has also stoked some ironic controversy over its name -- in Oregon, the state’s Liquor Control Commission banned the sale of Charlotte’s Web and several other strains because their names are potentially appealing to children. Nevertheless, Charlotte’s Web is gaining ground – it was legalized in Florida in 2014 and has since taken root in select dispensaries for statewide distribution.

I hope this provides you with more info than you had previously. And, I hope you're feeling well today. :hug:
I saw some of this info but not all of it. Thanks for digging it up.
I'm feeling much better today. I've been down for the past few days with a nasty cold. It does explain why I've been sleeping so darn much.
Hi VG! Finally catching up on journals after a busy couple of weeks. Hope addressing the low temps fixes things. They're all looking great regardless. Oh and I'm sure you don't need reminding but make sure you don't ignore it if you've been feeling a little low. No shame in asking for a helping hand when it's needed. Keep that mental health where it needs to be. I've learnt that lesson not to try struggling through but to take some time out to address it and get back on track. :hug:
I have been overwhelmed lately. With with all of my stressful family drama I've endured over the past few weeks, I admit that I'm mentally exhausted.
Bf has been great at giving me some alone time. Just to quiet my mind a bit.
Hey VG...I hope all is well in the upper midwest! :love: :hug:
It's cold and icky out. I'm warm snuggling my pup inside. That lil guy snores like a grown man.
Life just wouldn't be the same without dogs.
This indicates to me that it might not be as stable a variety as some of the other CBD strains out there that have truly bred-out the THC from their phenotypes.
I read something like this on a blog. I think it was an RQS blog. It said some phenotypes will have varying degrees of thc and others won't.
It makes it seem like a real crapshoot. Some of the RQS info was good but other times I find it questionable or downright misleading.

Highya VG,

I so love big buds with all those pistils shooting out. The bigger, the better! Glad you're feeling better! Happy Smokin'

Highya VG,

I so love big buds with all those pistils shooting out. The bigger, the better! Glad you're feeling better! Happy Smokin'
I'm really digging the Charlotte. She is much, much nicer than the first one that I ran with the two tap roots.
She seems to be having zero problems with the Geoflora.
Hi V :ciao: glad you feeling ok today! Wowza those are looking so perfectly green and healthy! Winning!
So glad I realized that my temps were low. I feel a bit stupid about it but I'm trying not to be too hard on myself. I have been distracted with everything going on.
I am having an outbreak of fungus gnats. I didn't apply my bti after I planted my GDP. I'm sure that's where they are coming from. I couldn't find any sticky traps locally so I had to order some. I'll actually get three times as many for the same price so that isn't bad. Hopefully they will work as well. They should be here tomorrow along with some 0-0-0 organic cal-mag.
I did reapply the BTi a few days ago btw.

Back
Top Bottom