VG's DIY Cloning Attempt - Round One

Will Post an update tomorrow :) going to prep the dixie cups with soil :) my lil lil clonies are going to be ready for soil in the next day or two :) :party:

Right on. Good to here you got new babies going in cups. I wish you the best. Keep it growing green.

Hey guys prepped the dixie cups earlier realised i picked up clear ones,so i got to pick up some tape in the morning to cover the bottoms before i put the clones in tmorrow ! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I am also going to have to make a DIY veg box untill i sort something else out ! So watch this space :cheesygrinsmiley:

Update : day 13 (i think)

Didn't need to buy tape i used the reflective tape that came with the grow kit :)

After prepping the soil i am using by watering it and leaving it sit for 24 hours to ph 6.5 i taped up the bottom of the cups
DSC_07533.JPG

Me got some roots !
DSC_0759.JPG

DSC_07612.JPG

I dug a little soil out of the top of the dixie cups ready for the rockwool cubes
DSC_07644.JPG

I then backfilled with the soil i dug out and topped up with fresh
DSC_0765.JPG

I repeated the process for the 3 clones that made it,i'm afraid i lost one it wasn't rooting and couldn't wait any longer 3 out of 4 ain't bad i'm happy with that :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSC_07664.JPG

I haven't yet sorted a veg box for them i intend on sorting it out tomorrow so for now i placed them back in their clone dome-dome,just without the dome :) They are still getting heat from the exhaust ducting and also a small breeze coming from my grow tent happy days
DSC_07693.JPG

And a shot from above :)
DSC_07705.JPG

I would not foliar feed once they have roots and have been transplanted. Its all about promoting more root growth now so add only too area where roots can feed. Looking at your cups try and add to out side area of soil and just a very small amount in the middle as that will cause roots to stretch out to find food and not starve. In 7 days from transplant the roots will start to get root bound and need to get transplanted into bigger pots. 1/4 gallon per week is the average root growth in soil. As far as nute amount I would stay with water until you see nice new growth or yellowing starting in leafs. I do not recall what you are using for soil for that nute comment. If you post to remind me I will give a better opinion.

That is why I love growing different strains. Each has there own liking and make it fun to learn each one you grow. Now unless you need every clone this is a good time to learn. The one that has the yellow and only that one make a 1/8 nute mix and I mean very mild and use on just that one and watch for 2-4 days and see what happens before you add to others. If it burns the one you added it to it should not kill it being such a small amount but you would know not to add to others and wright down what day and still to early or less needed. I have done hundreds well that's a under statement of clones and done what I call a safe test to get info. safe means start very small until you find sweet spot in each strain and age of clones. I am sorry I babble on about this. I just like to see people clone and create a new plant. Happy Growing my friend and with all that I still do not know what soil or coco or what you are using lol. Teach others is all I hope for.

That's a dam good idea CO,see the thinking is best left to other people ha ha ha

As it goes mate i don't need all three clones and to be honust i'm not bothered if i lose all 3 through experementing as i have no one to look after them while i'm on vacation for two weeks,and i have achieved what i set out to do,sucsessfully clone :cheesygrinsmiley:

My brother is staying at mine while i go away to look after my dogs,but it's not fair on him being in a house with weed growing because if i get turned over by 5-0 while i'm away(they have no reason too but never know) he's going to get done aswell,i am thinking of giving them away,so when i come back i can get clones from the clones i gave away,if you get what i mean :cheesygrinsmiley:

If there was more people like you in the world mate the world would be a much better place ! your collective knowledge is amazing and am greatfull that you are passing it on and that am here learning from yourself and others at 420 :Namaste: :adore:

Thank you for the kind words. I wish you well and I will be waiting to see your update .

Hey guys bit of update,sort of,maybe :cheesygrinsmiley:

When i checked on the lil clonies the other day one was drooping,i knew it wanted water so i gave plain ph'd water and it perked up within an hour or so and in 3 hours looked like nothing happened,went to check on them just now and a different one was flopped over
DSC_06303.JPG

So i took a pic and decided just to leave them without water untill they wilt to harden them up a bit :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom