VG's Lemon Og Candy Grow & Review Brought To You By Cannapot & Philosopher Seed Co

IMG_20190103_075618.jpg
Hello all and welcome to my Cannapot and Philosopher seed grow! I was very lucky a few months back, when I came upon a great opportunity. Cannapot was giving away three sets of seeds if you were willing to complete a grow journal. I choose the lovely Lemon Og candy. I've been holding onto these seeds for a few months now. I can wait to see them sprout.

I soaked the seed on New Years Day and put them into coir plugs yesterday.
IMG_20190103_075453.jpg
I will need to add a humidifier asap. For now they are tucked away under their makeshift humidity domes. For sprouting and veg growth, they will be basking in the light of a hlg 304 90 watt 3500k quantum board, set on low and hanging at 26" distance. I built this light kit yesterday. I have no experience sprouting under this light. I usually use a 24 watt (true) 7000k smd board.
IMG_20190103_075829.jpg
IMG_20190103_075848.jpg
I will be using the Fox Farms trio with epsom for mg and perlite as the medium. I've never done a hempy bucket before so I hope y'all will chime in and assist in my grow if you see anything out of place. I know we all have each others' backs here, so no worries.

I will be attempting to use my tap water. It comes out of tap @8.2 pH. I do not have a tds/ec meter yet so I am unaware as to my water quality. I plan on feeding lightly because of this. My water has quite a bit of calcium in it as evident from my constant build-up on my aquarium.

I have yet to rinse my perlite. I haven't decided if I should add a bit of vermiculite to the hempy. As you can see from my hydrometer, it is pretty dry here. Hopefully the humidifier will address such issues.

I would like to once again thank @Cannapot and Philosopher seeds for the opportunity to work with their awesome genetics. They are very kind people judging from our interaction. Great customer service.The seeds came to me in 6 days from EU to the US. That's pretty dang fast, these guys are on the ball. I will do my level best to grow her to her full potential.

I will post some info about the Lemon Og Candy strain soon. Thank you for joining in and Green days to all!

Well hello there.
Hey, is your fruity jack above ground yet?
She is!!!!!

I'll update her and the Hempy ones very soon

Just holler if you have any Hempy questions hun

love the packaging, can't wait to see what she looks like.
These are very well packaged, I agree. They come in plastic tubes with foam and dessicant pearls. They are very fresh and they popped after 12 hrs of soaking.
I've seen pics of her grown as a sog in 1 gallon soil pots. I will be getting a bit more size on her as I will be using 2.5 gallon hempys . Should be fun to watch her grow. Thanks for stopping in.

:goodjob::Namaste:

1st spy of the new light
Yup, I need to take it apart later and tin my leads. I just have the wagos on there. I'd rather have a waterproof connector, of course. I couldn't find my soldering iron though so that is for a later date.

I'm subbed up, would love to learn about this hempy stuff, new to me. Good luck I'll be rooting for you.
I've got butterflies pretty bad. Just nerves from inexperience, I guess. Hempy looks pretty straightforward. It is my water that is of concern.
Thanks for the encouragement, it is always appreciated.

One thing I've started doing in my Hempy pots is drilling my 1/2" hole higher, giving it a larger rezz.
Gives me an Xtra day in case I get side tracked or lazy with watering.

Doggo is asleep on my lap, I'll get a pic or two for ya in a bit

Also I've had good luck going from solo, to like 2l pop size, then to final bucket. But Sue goes straight to final from solo, which I have usually done myself.
Either way I always water them a bit every day with the nute mix to keep them happy till they hit the rezz or the lower saturated Perlite

Don't stress, it's really easy. If yer water worked for soil it will be fine for Hempy, just pH it down a bit more

Couple pics

In this 1st one you can see I started at about 2" up from bottom, then went up again
IMG_20190103_093916.jpg

On this one u can see it's right at 3"
Both are 1.5gal buckets
IMG_20190103_093941.jpg

One thing I've started doing in my Hempy pots is drilling my 1/2" hole higher, giving it a larger rezz.
Gives me an Xtra day in case I get side tracked or lazy with watering.

Doggo is asleep on my lap, I'll get a pic or two for ya in a bit

Also I've had good luck going from solo, to like 2l pop size, then to final bucket. But Sue goes straight to final from solo, which I have usually done myself.
Either way I always water them a bit every day with the nute mix to keep them happy till they hit the rezz or the lower saturated Perlite

Don't stress, it's really easy. If yer water worked for soil it will be fine for Hempy, just pH it down a bit more
Thanks for all you do for me, it hasn't gone unnoticed. I just realized that I haven't even looked at the FF hydro schedule yet. Better to download that asap. With my water I'm wondering if I should start with 1/4 strength and watch. I was in FFOF for my last grows. I didn't use much of the grow big in the beginning. This is a different animal all together.

Start at 1/4 strength for sure

I've never gone over half strength with Fox Farm myself
Cool. Yeah, I never went over half in soil.
What do you use for the FF scheduled flushings? They use sledgehammer.

Back
Top Bottom