VG's Review Of The Atreum Hydra-3200 With Super Skunk & Sour Diesel

1654089746415.png

Hello and welcome!

For this journal, I will be doing a test grow under the new @Atreum Lighting Hydra-3200 led.

I've had the pleasure of working Atreum in the past using their ARA-41 diy kit. It was a beautifully constructed, high quality light and it grew excellent medicine for me and my family.
Atreum has since moved to plug and play lighting arrays with their offerings of the Hydra-1000 and the new Hydra-3200. You can imagine how excited I was to try their new light out.
The only drawback that I noticed with the ARA kit was that it didn't have a digital OLED power display on the driver.
You would need either a lux or par meter to get the best out of it. Unlucky for me, my lux meter ceased working mid grow. I did learn to use the light by watching the plants and had no issue thereafter.
They remedied this on their new light by adding an easy to read OLED power display on its driver. This makes it much easier to tune in to the desired par amount.

Atreum has an excellent par calculator base upon distance to the light and set percentages of power( 25,50,75 and 100%) for this unit on their website.
Screenshot_20220601-101042.png

You'll know exactly how much light your plants are getting without the need for expensive par and lux meters.

I'll run down my equipment and strain choices and then show you the unboxing of the Hydra-3200.

 Equipment
•Atreum Hydra-3200
•2x4 Mars Hydro tent
•6" Hydrofarm extraction fan kit
•10" Masterforce circulation fan
•Hygrometer
•5 gallon GeoPots
•Pro Mix premium all-purpose mix
•@Prescription Blend nutrients
• Municipal tap water

 Strains
•Sensi, Super Skunk
Super Skunk Feminized is a cannabis strain that has won numerous awards and accolades since its launch in 1990. Super Skunk is the result of crossing Skunk #1 with an Afghan from the family known as “hash plants”. The balance of 80% indica, 20% sativa creates a relaxed effect tempered by an uplifting high.
Super Skunk Feminized has a relatively short flowering period of 50 days maximum. This works well for indoor growers who want to enjoy two or even three harvests per year. Once the flowers start growing, they increase in size very quickly. They also multiply so rapidly that progress can sometimes be observed from one day to the next. The buds are a striking bright green colour, and are spiky, with large, pointy calyxes.

Growers can anticipate generating large yields, even those with little experience behind them.

•Royal Queen Seeds, Sour Diesel
Sour Diesel: The Descendant of Original Diesel, Northern Light, Shiva, and Hawaiian
Like many of the best cannabis strains coming out these days, Sour Diesel comes straight from California. It is a favourite with many smokers and growers. These powerful American genetics will grow well indoors around the world; outdoors, on the other hand, they need a warm climate, similar to California or Spain. Breeders used a host of legendary strains to create Sour Diesel, namely Original Diesel, Northern Light, Shiva, and Hawaiian.

Very appealing resinous buds
This is a mostly Sativa strain which shows in both its growth structure and the strong high effect it gives when consumed. The plant develops its resinous buds and powerful aroma over a 10-week flowering period. These plants will grow to a height of around 100-130 cm, with some stretching during early flowering.

Chemical and sour flavour
Sour Diesel is a very pungent, aromatic strain. Heavy chemical, herbal and sour flavours come from its glistening buds. When grown well, it will give yields of 450-600 grams per square metre. This is both a yield in quantity and quality, producing high-quality, resinous, aromatic buds. Full Diesel power!

Both of these strains were picked by me and my family. The Super Skunk is a favorite of mine and my son ,notably for it's pungent small and taste, not to mention it's narcotic high. The Sour D is an all around family favorite for pain relief.

In this journal I will show my methods for seed sowing,transplanting,cloning and plant reversal using STS. The Super Skunk will be the one getting reversed for seeds and pollen collection.

Feel free to ask any questions that you may have. I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Next post will be the unboxing of the light. Thanks for following along!

1654096253194.png

I received my light in a few days from order confirmation. It was packaged in a clean ,discreet and professional manner.
Included in the box was the foldable frame, driver with OLED display, connectors and a hanging kit.
IMG_20220301_084900116.jpg

It was beyond easy to assemble.

Step #1
Mount the driver.

Step#2
Plug this cord into it's receptacle.
IMG_20220301_084937183.jpg
IMG_20220301_090802330.jpg
IMG_20220301_090751370.jpg

Step #3
Hang it up!

Wait! Before you turn it on, remember to remove the plastic protectors on the led strips.
IMG_20220301_091236216.jpg

Step #4
Dial in your desired light intensity.
IMG_20220301_091527534.jpg

Step #5
Get growing!
It's really that easy.
If you'd like technical specs on the Hydra-3200 you can check out Atreum's website or you can check out
this post where I have many of the specs listed.

I'm happy you're feeling better. This sounds like another great grow. The
easy to read OLED power display on its driver

sounds interesting. I like the idea of a light that you can dial in the par/lux on without needing a separate meter.

I'm happy you're feeling better. This sounds like another great grow.

sounds interesting. I like the idea of a light that you can dial in the par/lux on without needing a separate meter.
Highya HG.
Thanks for coming. :love:
I don't miss having to look for my lux meter...doesn't work anyway.
One less headache as far as I'm concerned.

Heh, just checking in and a big thumbs up on the Atreum. I didn't know about that light until a few weeks ago but it took just a quick glance to see that they've done a lot of really good things with that light.

Best wishes for the grow!
Welcome to my grow, Delps8!

I have had this light for a few months now. I actually got it pre-release (thanks @Atreum Lighting ) so I've had time to play around with it a little bit.
I already know that it's a fantastic light and I intend to show that here.
I've had about five different popular brands that I've used over my four years of growing.
The Atreum Hydra-3200 has been my favorite.

I'll be back with plants this afternoon.
I just have to put all the pics together.
I intend on posting yesterday but I got really busy and today isn't any better.
I have to go shopping for a bit and finish some yardwork first.

Catch y'all later! :passitleft:

Hey y'all.

I started the Super Skunk and Sour Diesel 20 days ago. Then I got Covid so this journal was delayed further. In that time I was sure to take pics.
I'll run through them and get us all caught up through today.

With all of my grows,I start off with soaking my seeds in tap water with a little squirt of H2O2.

Once they crack I put them straight into my Pro Mix professional all-purpose mix.
Then I cover them with a plastic tray or cup until the sprout, then I immediately take the tray off.

Here they are on May 14th.

May 18th. I'm just using tap water so far.

May 22nd. Just tap water yet.

May 25th. This is the first day they get their @Prescription Blend nutrients.

•2ml Bio Si
•5ml Core A
•5ml Core B
•2ml Kelp-ful
•2ml Precursor
All of this is added to one gallon of tap water. I do not pH. The Prescription Blend does it for me!

May 30th

I'll have pics up soon of what they look like today. Lights will be on in a few hours.

Until then..... :passitleft:

WooHoo! Bring it V! Sweet Light, Genetics and I'm seeing magic in Prescription Blend already!
Hey Stone
I'm loving the PB nutes.
I have the schedule memorized. It's so easy to use and the plants really love it.

The light...amazing. my girls have never looked better.

So, it's the ProMix that makes it unnecessary to ph? I always thought it was the MC.

The medium buffers the pH, not the nutrients. Also, VG is using Rx Blend!

Yes. The Pro Mix buffers the nutes but the PB nutes fall within the "proper pH" parameters once mixed. I tested it on my Chemdawg and Bubba Kush grow. It was always between 5.8-6.2 pH.

The Pro Mix buffers the nutes but the PB nutes fall within the "proper pH" parameters once mixed. I tested it on my Chemdawg and Bubba Kush grow. It was always between 5.8-6.2 pH.
This is what PB has to say about pH and their nutes:
I absolutely agree that changing the nutrient solution pH will not affect the media pH during a grow. Buffered media will resist changes to pH by design and any nutrient solution that is applied will go to the pH of the media over time. This is due to the buffering capacity of the media being many many times greater then the nutrient solution capacity to affect pH change (either donating or accepting H+).

Back
Top Bottom