Vick074-OG Kush Last Run in CocoSoil-CO2-1KHPS-5X5Tent-with Porta Scrogs!? Porta Wha?

Welcome everyone!

This will be my 3rd grow journal here at 420 magazine. And please let me start by saying that without all of you and the amazing knowledge this site bleeds, that this wouldn't have been possible.. Although I have many years of experience growing outdoors, and have been helped with friend's grows for years. My first actual indoor grow was born here.
So thank you 420 magazine once again..

Now this is going to be my final grow with this strain of OG Kush just because there are so many amazing strains out there that I would like to try next. I know growing out the same strain 3 times in row may seem like overkill to some. But I love OG Kush and it is one of my favorite strains around. It offers such great medicinal qualities, and just tastes to god damn nice to me..

These babies have been cloned from a clone from a clone of a clone since I got 5 "clones" from a friend back in July of this year. They've been vegged under a combination of T5 floros and 6500 K CFL's.
CO2 will be used throughout this entire grow as I feel it really adds weight and hardness to these OG buds. Both bottle as well as DIY dispensers.

My nutrient lineup will be as follows:

-General Hydroponics 3 part grow, micro, bloom.
-General Hydroponics Cal mag plus
-General Hydroponics Floralicious plus
-General Hydroponics Liquid Koolbloom
-General Hydroponics Koolbloom dry
-General Hydroponics Bio Root
-Superthrive
-Grozyme

PH and PPM's will be closely monitored throughout the grow.
And meters will be calibrated weekly.
I will be running a feed, feed, 1/2 strength schedule up until flip, then be using a feed, feed, water schedule through flower.
A 36 hour lights out will occur just before flip..
And a Diminishing Lighting Schedule (DLS) will be used throughout flower up until harvest.

So lets get on with it!!

day_56_17.jpg

day_56_11.jpg

The mrs decided one night that they all had to be named, so she got vaped and went to town on the labels..
From right to left, please meet:

Ruthie
day_56_16.jpg

Gene
day_56_15.jpg

Perl
day_56_14.jpg

Tannis

day_56_13.jpg

& of course, Dolly

day_56_12.jpg

All five babies were planted in a mix of 50% Botanicare Coco and 50% Promix soil with a bit of added perlite. Soil/Coco mix was prepped with a 1/3 dilution of nutes, Grozyme, superthrive and Cal mag+. A layer of lava rock was added on the bottoms of pots as well as on top to help with water distribution and drainage when feeding. Pots are Hercules 35 litre airpots. They handled the transplant amazingly well, no droop or signs of shock.

day_56_7.jpg

The timing of harvest couldn't have come at a more perfect time. As my babies were quickly outgrowing their veg space. My lights were maxed out as high as they could go. If I had left them there for one more day they would have been touching bulbs. (why can't it always work out that good!?)

chop_9.jpg

So all drying buds were removed from the space, the tent was vacuumed, scrubbed with bleach, all fans dismantled and bleached. Then a dokter Doom bomb was dropped in the tent and left for the rest of the day to air out. final wipe down. ( yeah I know I'm kinda anal about cleaning..) then the girls were moved into there new home. I replaced the Super Hortilux HPS bulb with a Light Energy enhanced spectrum 1000 watt bulb, because i heard they omit more blue. Even though I was going to be vegging for a few more weeks I didn't bother running a MH bulb. Didn't think it would really make that much of a difference.. The ballast was turned down to 50% for the first week to get them used to the intensity of the HID, with the cooltube and shade about 3 feet away from tops. Then light was then turned up to 75% after 2nd week, and light distance was gradually reduced..
I was running GLR schedule with these babies from early on and it was really working well. But for some reason once they were switched over to HID in the tent they were "overly" showing signs. Just female preflowers, but too much, its was kinda weird. So I figured they would benefit more from a 16-8 schedule since the rest of my lights were now turned off. and they've been doing really well now. Don't get me wrong though, I am a firm believer in the Gas Lantern Routine, and think that is the way to grow in veg with great results not to mention the transition to flower is almost immediate.. I just felt like blasting these girls with as much light as possible once they were used to the rays.

OG_3_1.jpg

week_1_tent_1.jpg

This is the motivation station/dancefloor. The girls get a wide range of music from death metal to Beethoven whenever the sun is shining.. :headbanger::tommy::headbanger:

OG_3_dec_8th_2.jpg

OG_3_dec_8th_3.jpg

week_1_tent_11.jpg

This is my wacky version of a porta scrog! made from 2 of the tomato cages I used in my previous grow, cut and spliced together with some chicken "wire"d to the top. Not sure if I'm going to use this exact style. But I will be coming up with 4 cage/scrog thingies to maximize the space as best as possible.. Stay tuned for updates on these suckers..

OG_3_dec_8th_8.jpg

OG_3_dec_8th_6.jpg

These photos are from tonight Dec 11th. I have been LST'ing these girls all the way through. And they've been topped about 4-5 times already. With close to 25 tops each, one more go of topping should give me close to 40 tops each plant before the switch is flipped. Hoping they should fill the screens up pretty good. Since I blocked all heat coming into the room that the tent is in. It's now the coldest room in the house. Perfect!!! A 1500 watt electric oil heater connected to a Cruise temperature controller keeps the room no colder than 69 degrees F when lights are off, and a steady 75 degrees when lights are on. And by some miracle this super basic setup is allowing me to maintain perfect temperatures day and night. Man I love growing inside when it's freezing outside! I mean who could complain about free AC?
When I flip the lights I'll bring the temps up a bit more around 80 F, so the CO2 will be of more benefit as they flower..

OG_3_veg_dec_11_1.jpg

OG_3_veg_dec_11_3.jpg

OG_3_veg_dec_11_2.jpg

OG_3_veg_dec_11_6.jpg

I have CO2 coming from the tank every hour for 2 minutes, to enrich the room to 1600 PPM. Exhaust is timed to shut off just before gas come on, then remains off for 5 minutes after shut off. The other hose coming from a DIY CO2 bubbler in a 10 liter carboy just outside the tent. I found when gassing the tent only, the PPM's would drop half way through the hour, but with the added bubbler it stays pretty consistent from 1000-1600 PPM all through lights on. The plants are loving it, and growing so fast!

OG_3_veg_dec_11_5.jpg

OG_3_veg_dec_11_11.jpg

All 5 plants are on stilts right now just so I don't have to drop my light so low..makes it easy cleaning up, and also keeps air flowin.

OG_3_veg_dec_11_7.jpg

There's a single air pump split, with an airstone in each of my res buckets.. I age my tap water for the 2-3 days between feeding times in these buckets. Helps rid the water of chlorine and it brings it to an even 7.0 PH, before adding anything. The things floatin are mosquito dunks in socks to help deter fungus gnats and other buggers that seem to have loved my soil's in the past.. (Thanks for the tip Xlr8!:winkyface:) It's working like a charm..

OG_3_veg_dec_11_8.jpg

So I guess this will classify as my first update.
Sorry of it was too boring..

So you all know, I like to update with photos as much as possible.
As well, I won't be hiding anything in my grow.
If shit hits the proverbial fan somehow? You'll know about it..
The more I can help someone else avoid a mistake the better.
If you have any questions at all about anything, please feel free to ask at any time.

We're all here to learn and have fun growing this most amazing plant.
And I want everyone that visits this journal to feel comfortable.
So pull up a chair, pack a bowl, and enjoy yourself! :cheesygrinsmiley:

wiw! :yummy:

Re: Vick074-OG Kush last run in CocoSoil-CO2-1KHPS-5X5tent-with Porta Scrogs!? porta

Stoked to have ya jon!
Pull up a little stool!!
:welcome:

Can't go wrong for 2.00 a piece a?
Chaulk up another savings from the ol dollarstore

Re: Vick074-OG Kush last run in CocoSoil-CO2-1KHPS-5X5tent-with Porta Scrogs!? porta

Thanks C!
this script should be flipped by Christmas..

Great start, Vick - subbed!

:popcorn:I'm Subbed....love to compare results from hydro, organic, aero, rdwc, etc so that I make good decisions in future grows. Where do you get mosquito dunks...sound like a solution for me also...damned if X isn't just a fountainhead of knowledge:circle-of-love:....we are lucky to have him as a member of the community:cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm here! I'm here! :ciao:

Vick, thank you for putting so much work into that opening, I love it! :thumb:

Can't wait to watch it all unfold :blushsmile:

No way Will I miss this one Vick :high-five:

Great start, Vick - subbed!

I'm here! I'm here! :ciao:

Vick, thank you for putting so much work into that opening, I love it! :thumb:

Can't wait to watch it all unfold :blushsmile:

Thanks for joining up guys and Fluffy's!
I'll try to keep it interesting in here for ya!
:)

:popcorn:I'm Subbed....love to compare results from hydro, organic, aero, rdwc, etc so that I make good decisions in future grows. Where do you get mosquito dunks...sound like a solution for me also...damned if X isn't just a fountainhead of knowledge:circle-of-love:....we are lucky to have him as a member of the community:cheesygrinsmiley:

Glad to have you join hoz!
I got my dunks from a local hydro shop. But general hardware stores should have them too..
Really good idea for Coco or soil. Especially with airpots where the medium is so exposed. Those things combined with sticky traps??
You'll have any of those little gnats committing mass suicides.
And yes, X exudes knowledge from his every pore.
We are very lucky to have him around indeed, as well as many others on this site.
Think back to when there was no interweb? It would have taken years of reading books, trial and error, and apprenticing with other growers to gain the kind of knowledge we are getting here in one week.. We can "Xlr8" (sorry X had to use it..) so fast because all of the knowledge is at our fingertips! People really seem to take this for granted, and don't know how good they actually have it. The computer age could just stop at any time leaving us back where we started. So come on everyone, be a little more appreciative for the knowledge you are getting here for free no less! Although the best learning is done hands on through trial and error, but what better way than to have the best grow professors in the world, peeking over your shoulders the whole time giving invaluable advice.
Me? I'm going to run with it and try to pass what I've learned onto as many others as possible through my journey. And be very thankful while doing so..

sorry for the rant..
I think I had too much coffee this morning:nomo:

Thanks D!
Glad you could make it!
Pull up a mini stool next to OMM, hoz, Aardvark, Cultivator, Jon, and Fluffy.

I'll mix us up some cocktails!

Picture_204.png

Picture_214.png

you guys might be here a while...:trance:

i woulnt miss this for the world man looking great cant what to see how u do with that pre scrog baskets nice idea

Tiny stools... f that! I am an Ogre, I will just stand out side and look in the door every so often... and can you fill a pitcher with that green juice? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nice Juice!

That is definitely something I will be cultivating for this next grow - read up on raw cannabis juice and I am dumbfounded why I never tried this before. Since my grow setup is for defoliated SoG, I should have a good amount of fan leaves to put through the juicer. Your Wheateena juicer looks like a nice setup - not cheap, either, I see.

Obviously, you would not have made such an investment without research first, so I was wondering about the difference between cannabis and wheatgrass (which your machine was made for, right?). Cannabis has a much higher fiber content, which I believe wheatgrass does not, so I was wondering whether you find this makes a difference in making the juice? I mean, are the fibers an issue?

Nice work, too!

:goodjob:

I'm in also and good luck Vic. Me and mine use to name plants, well she liked to, but even she's run out of names. After awhile it all gets to be a blur. Looks like you going to fill up that tent nicely. I'll be around. Keepem Green

i woulnt miss this for the world man looking great cant what to see how u do with that pre scrog baskets nice idea

right on G!
Another one joins the party!
wiw!
I'm gunna screw around with the scrog cage thingies a bit more this week.
I'll definitely post up photos of what I come up with.
:)

Tiny stools... f that! I am an Ogre, I will just stand out side and look in the door every so often... and can you fill a pitcher with that green juice? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hell Buck,
I don't think this party's going to need a bouncer.
So you can come inside..
Especially if you're coming all this way, I've got a huge leather lazy boy with your name on it right beside the fireplace.
bottomless pitchers of OG bud juice for you brother.
Just don't pass out and pee the chair..lol
:high-five:

Nice Juice!

That is definitely something I will be cultivating for this next grow - read up on raw cannabis juice and I am dumbfounded why I never tried this before. Since my grow setup is for defoliated SoG, I should have a good amount of fan leaves to put through the juicer. Your Wheateena juicer looks like a nice setup - not cheap, either, I see.

Obviously, you would not have made such an investment without research first, so I was wondering about the difference between cannabis and wheatgrass (which your machine was made for, right?). Cannabis has a much higher fiber content, which I believe wheatgrass does not, so I was wondering whether you find this makes a difference in making the juice? I mean, are the fibers an issue?

Nice work, too!
:goodjob:

I must admit, that's just a photo I pulled from the interweb.
Wish I could afford one of those Wheateena's.
My friend has a pretty good juicer, and whenever we make it, we mix with various combinations of fresh leaf, wheatgrass, carrot, kale, apple, beats. So mixing cannabis with other fruits or veggies helps it through better. Most juicers do a pretty good job separating the fiber from the juice an never seem to be an issue, it's just it can cram up the filter easier when juicing a lot. You're right, wheatgrass has barely any fiber compared to cannabis.

Back
Top Bottom