Vick's - OG Kush & Ambrosia Grow - Coco-GH-HPS-Wiw!

Welcome folks!

This will be my 4th grow journal hare at 420 magazine, and hopefully my best yet.
I must again start by saying that without everyone here, and the amazing knowledge this site bleeds, my progression, and learning curve would not have been possible. Ive met so many people on here that I now consider my friend's, and have offered me unconditional support throughout my grows.
So thanks again 420 magazine, for creating such a great community that is so welcoming and helpful to anyone interested in learning how to grow this wonderful plant. And I feel it's important to give back any knowledge that I have gained here to hopefully help someone else down the line..
:Namaste:

Now I know in my last grow that I stated it would be my last grow with OG Kush because I was becoming anxious to try out other strains. Although I did introduce some new Ambrosia beans that will be highlighted in this grow. Fate brought me back to this amazing strain for many reason, but mainly because it's just that good!!
On my last grow I had Powdery mildew show up right at the worst possible time, and it was bad. I ended up throwing away a lot of bud. A bit of a bummer, but even though it was really fun growing 40 headed monsters, in the porta scrogs. IMHO that many colas crammed into a 5x5 tent? no matter how good your ventilation is, you're just asking for mold. In a matter of 3 days it showed up hardcore. Live and learn, no regrets, I had fun.
But I will be taking precautionary measures to make sure that sum bitch doesn't come anywhere near this grow.

There will be:

- 14 OG Kush clones that were received by a close friend.
- 2 OG Kush that popped from my last grow. (Still haven't sexed yet)
- 6 Ambrosia regs that still have not sexed yet

Nutrients and additives i will be using on this grow:

-GH Flora line base nutes, grow, micro, bloom.
-GH Calimagic
-GH Bio Root
-GH Florolicious plus
-GH Liquid Koolbloom
-GH Koolbloom dry (last week before flush)
-Pro Gaurd (silica)
-Grozyme
-Superthrive
-Drip clean
-RB Liquid GOLD
-molasses
-love:love:

Growing medium is 70% Coco, 30% Perlite planted in 3 gallon pots.
Feeding schedule will be pretty aggressive this round. 6 feeds, then 1/4 strength flush using RO then repeat.
Final flushing will be with straight RO water.
CO2 will be administered via a 20LB bottle and regulator with timers to cycle with exhaust fans. A better more efficient dehumidifier will be introduced just before flip to insure and maintain lower humidity levels.
When it gets hotter into the summer, the lights will have their own intake and exhaust to keep em running nice and cool, then the room will be scrubbed through a charcoal filter and exhausted outside by it's own fan.

So now that I've explained a bit about who's playing, and whats on the menu. Let's move onto the changes I have made to the grow space to make it more efficient and effective.
I used a program called Sketch up to design my own space using all the same dimensions as my room.
The first photo shows how I had it before with my 5x5x6.5 Secret Jardin tent.
The second shows what I had mapped out in my head. Since I had an extra light collecting dust it only made sense to find someway to use it, while giving the space more flow and lumens.
3rd and 4th photos are different angles with me praying to the Cannabis gods.

I used the existing frame from my old tent for the whole support system as I didn't want to start drilling holes and searching for anchor sites. This way when I decide to move, its an easy quick tear down with minimal patching needed.
Many cool advantages about this new space over the old.
-2 lights duh!
-better airflow
-more room so plants aren't as cramped.
-more height, (7' 9") so I could grow monsters if I wanted.
-easier to do maintenance
-and well, it's nicer to look at at:cheesygrinsmiley:

room_with_tent_2.png

Screen_shot_2013-01-13_at_6_40_23_PM.png

Screen_shot_2013-01-13_at_6_34_12_PM.png

Screen_shot_2013-01-13_at_6_47_33_PM.png

And then I got really high and carried away with this program, to see what I could actually do with the whole space if I was crazy enough. Only enough room left for officer Bob to stand there in amazement.

megaroom_1.png

megaroom_2.png

megaroom_3.png

Umm... Yeah, that'll never happen..

So here's some quick recap photos of the babies before they made it to the new room, and some of the new space!
enjoy!

OG_4_1.jpg

Amb_1.jpg

Amb_2.jpg

OG_3_Feb_2_16.jpg

OG_3_Feb_10_1.jpg

OG_4_diamond_1.jpg

OG_4_diamond_2.jpg

OG_4_diamond_3.jpg

OG_4_diamond_4.jpg

OG_4_diamond_5.jpg

OG_4_diamond_7.jpg

OG_4_diamond_9.jpg

amb_Feb24_1.jpg

OG_4_mar_12_1.jpg

OG_4_mar_12_11.jpg

OG_4_mar_12_4.jpg

OG_4_mar_12_13.jpg

OG_4_mar_12_6.jpg

OG_4_mar_12_12.jpg

OG_4_mar_12_8.jpg

Some really healthy white roots at transplant into 3 gallon pots.

OG_March_17_1_roots.jpg

OG_4_March_12_1.jpg

OG_4_March_12_2.jpg

OG_March_17_2.jpg

OG_4_March_12_3.jpg

OG_March_17_3.jpg

Hope to have some update photos tonight, as those last photos were about 5 days ago.
Training and topping have begun. Should be spreading them out and firing up the other light soon!!
Anyway, welcome to my journal. Please feel free to comment on anything, and ask questions!

Re: Vick's ♢ OG Kush & Ambrosia grow- Coco-GH-HPS-Wiw!

Wauw!!
Frontrow, check!
Gonna get epic, check!
Count me inn Vick, great intro!
+rep
+subbed

Ha!!!
Nice!!!!
thanks man.
glad to have ya!
:cheesygrinsmiley:

Wiw! Subbed up for sure

rad!

I was just on my way over to throw you out an invite canna!
glad you could make it!

Glad you could make it hoz!

Damn you cats are showing up faster than I can get the invites out!

WIW!

You can get it on mac or PC.
just go to a torrent site and DL the free trial version.
Be prepared to spend some time learning the ropes though, it's a bit tricky if you're fried..lol
They have some good instructional videos though that can make it pretty easy to grasp.

rad!

I was just on my way over to throw you out an invite canna!
glad you could make it!

I figured u were on ur way. I saw u making the rounds. Please feel free to share the invite on both my journals mate. The more places it is posted the more likelyt it'll be found by those whom have the most to benefit from it.

good stuff dude..that dark hindu kush is really coming through in your og kush. im growing diesel, which is related to it. or maybe youre just over feeding? what ec are you using?

og kush = chemdawg x hindu kush x lemon thai
diesel = chemdawg x super skunk x northern lights

also, those animations made me laugh bro. good stuff.

I'm in for the ride Vick074.:goodjob::circle-of-love::Namaste:

I figured u were on ur way. I saw u making the rounds. Please feel free to share the invite on both my journals mate. The more places it is posted the more likelyt it'll be found by those whom have the most to benefit from it.

right on right on..

I went to do just that, but you're links aren't working bro.
brought me to gallery both times?

good stuff dude..that dark hindu kush is really coming through in your og kush. im growing diesel, which is related to it. or maybe youre just over feeding? what ec are you using?

og kush = chemdawg x hindu kush x lemon thai
diesel = chemdawg x super skunk x northern lights

also, those animations made me laugh bro. good stuff.

Thanks mang!
The majority of the strain is diamond OG.
They've always been that dark green.
haven't been overfeeding, feed PPM's are around 900 right now, but gearing up to go a little heavier soon.

wazzzap!!!you know im subbed brotha! your girls look great as usual and nice upgrades :bravo:+reps

There he is!
Great to have you along my friend!
and thanks for the positive vibes and reps!

wiw!

Thanks for the heads up. I edited it to parse the links into the title text, first try so I'm not surprised to learn I failed lol. Ill go work on it. They should be in the new post if u get impatient tho. Just updated both an hour or two ago.

Thanks mang!
The majority of the strain is diamond OG.
They've always been that dark green.
haven't been overfeeding, feed PPM's are around 900 right now, but gearing up to go a little heavier soon.

thats pretty damn aggressive..i watched some of the green house seed grows and they use an ec of 1.8 when the plant is big, which is around 900 ppm (i think), and i notice their plants are burnt up.

i have a question. i have a 150 watt hid, and i have it about 6 inches from the canopy. problem is, the canopy temp is ~90f. is that a problem? i could get it further away, but would the light still reach the lower parts of my plants?

what is better? lower temps, or less light?

Back
Top Bottom