VictorVonDoom's 1st Grow - Converted Mini Fridge - Indoor/Soil 2013

1. Love the training, the girl is damn near completely horizontal! :thumb:

2. How long are you planning on applying flushing Vic?

1. Yeah, if i didn't have two plant in there she would of been fully horizontal, haha had to do some mad super flopping in the end, I found out that if you don't bend em enough they go back to vertical and when the build that knuckle you have to find another place to bend. I've had to prop up 2 branches so they will stay where I want em, you can see one of em at the front just to the right of center holding up the big cola on the right.

2. I watered with 1.5l just filtered water on wed, and will do for my next couple of waters until she looks about ready then I will do a final flush with about 4.5l through the medium with water and molasses. Then leave till she fully done.

Let me know if that doesn't sound right, as it's what I understood would be best for me from everyone's input.

And Yes CA125 she is very sticky ;)

:Namaste:

I notice more yellowing and browning of the tips on your leaves indicating a nutrient burn, I would slightly reduce the amount of nutrients you are feeding.

Hey KingJohnC,

Good spot, On wednesday I started watering with only filter water so hopefully that should sort out the problem?

I've put my flushing program on the post above if you could have a gander

:Namaste:

looking good! I wouldn't add molasses to any of the waterings as it has minerals that can be harsh to smoke. our stomachs likes these elements, but our lungs don't.

2. I watered with 1.5l just filtered water on wed, and will do for my next couple of waters until she looks about ready then I will do a final flush with about 4.5l through the medium with water and molasses. Then leave till she fully done.

Let me know if that doesn't sound right, as it's what I understood would be best for me from everyone's input

If you are watering with only pH adjusted water you will not need to pass 4.5 litres through the medium. You can use molasses at 1-2 tablespoons per gallon in your harvest flush.

I would flush in the beginning weeks with reg water and molasses first, then on your last watering/flushes use solely clean water (preferably 0ppm filtered/distilled/ro water). Like b said the molasses has minerals, personally, I would want those out of the root zone.

Here is my understanding on flushing; After growing out our plant the root zone still has plenty of salt build up, if we were to not flush the plant the root zone then pulls up all that salty nutrient water into the plants main stem, distributing that salty nute water to the nugs and fans, we don't want this as if you have smoked un flushed bud your throat will be hating you, plus, when I didnt flush well enough the bud literally hurt me ego lol, I didn't want anything to do with those nugs. Being able to flush out all that crap from the root zone prior to harvest will allow for the root zone to pull up clean filtered water with no salts/solids. I have done this on my current grow, on my last flushes I was gathering the run off after I had flushed with about 8 gallons, with half a red party cup gathered run off was 40~ppm, granted when I started earlier on in the week the run off was over 600ppm. As I know my water I was flushing in was 0ppm, 40 ppm did seem alright for me to harvest and I noticed very little roughness in the smoke.

Now on the contrary, the bd I grew this year outdoor was flushed with my hose water which runs at 220ppm and has chlorine (sat out for a day or two), so if I flushed the root zone with 220ppm water, of course, the root zone could get knocked down to only 220ppm! Turned out to be some harsh smoke.

I currently left a question on Cronichemphogs page asking about a product he uses called Clearex. It is an additive that helps with flushing, although, im not sure I know how it helps just yet :Namaste:

Hope my text wasn't too much of a ramble ;) I have yet to smoke and get my mind right :laugh: Happy Shatterday to ya Vic!

EDIT: Also, I have found if you pick a fan leaf and taste the sap, bitterness will mean you should flush more, a nice clean taste similar to clean water will mean you are a o k to cull :) Hasn't failed me yet, give it a try Vic :high-five:

No problem Vic :thumb: How about bottled water? Although some bottle drinking water contain minerals and what not, if you can get your hands on a few gallons of filtered water I really think it would be in your best interest, that being if your water isn't too well to begin with. Do you live in the inner city, rural? Where is your water supply coming from? :joint:

I'm using britta filtered water at the min, would it be better if I boiled it and left it to cool?

Or is bottled water better?

I live in the suburbs and every one raves about the quality of the tap juice.

I would say the brita filter is okay to use, but it doesn't necessarily remove the ppm from the water. You will still have some of those minerals/solids passing through. Though it is better than straight tap, I say keep using the filter. Do you let it sit out for awhile prior to use?

Depends on the brand, but MOST filters remove chlorine & heavy metals, leaving little affect on PPM. Leaving it out for 24-48hrs dissipates a majority of the chlorine from the liquid as well. This is important when working with beneficial bacteria and such, as the chlorine kills micro organsims....:bong:

Side note: Your tap water can contain chloramine also, which is a ammonia/chlorine mix. This will not dissipate from the water with just letting it sit out.

So what I am getting at is, just know what is in your tap water. They pump it full o' crap at the municipal treatment facility and issues you could be having with your plants could literally just be stemming from the water supply.

Awesome job on that mini fridge cab and look at those results :bravo:

Just goes to show how it can be done on a small scale with excellent results, sending some reps your way as well :high-five:

btw Victor... as you have done such a good job in a small space, are you planning to upscale your next grow?

reps sent... top job victor :)

Back
Top Bottom