Vientiane - Smoke Report

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Updated 10/10/2007

Legislation: Marijuana is illegal in Laos, but is widely sold and used by locals and tourists.

Law enforcement: Few police that I have seen. I was told that the police were more interested in closing/slowing down the opi*um traffic and smoking. When I went to Vang Vieng in 2003, people were smoking it and having it on the table openly, when I came back last year it was much more discreet. The hotels have signs warning people about getting high, but again, the focus is more on op*ium instead of marijuana.

Where to buy marijuana: In Vientiane and Laung Prabang, people will approach you. Look to the rickshaw drivers or taxi drivers. In Vang Vieng, the place to go is a pizza place on the north side of the road. Next door is a Xangyou restaurant, with an outside patio and a pool table (the only one in Vang Vieng). That same place also made marijuana shakes, but those are too strong!

Marijuana prices:
I paid $5 USD for about 5 grams, and I am sure that I was probably ripped off at that. Didn't ask about hashish.

Back
Top Bottom