Violator Kush

Re: SouthernWeed's Poll Winning Grow.Violator Kush/House & Garden Nutrients

yeah I've beenplayin with mixing them lately. The results have been great. the roots excelerator is a must. The top booster and shooting powder takes things to such another level. Makes a grown man cry :rofl:. And it shows in your grow forsure. +rep

Good morning all. I'm starting to tie off all the secondary branching, and as I did it, I realized that I should probably start by taking a few pics to show where we are now. You'll notice I have started to tie the limbs up, but there is much left to do...starting with the purchase of more butcher's string for the task.

The Shooting Powders are already making their presence known...24 hours or so to see results...that's my kind of additive.

Just so y'all will know, I was gifted a new set of NL cuttings last night after my friend saw what I was doing with his clones...he was impressed and offered 2 clones to me if I would grow out a third one for him...nice deal that works for me.

Pics...

100_2554.jpg

100_2555.jpg

100_2557.jpg

100_2558.jpg

100_2559.jpg

100_25601.jpg

100_2562.jpg

100_2563.jpg

100_25641.jpg

100_2565.jpg

So it's going very well and after today, I'll have all the branches tied in position to allow maximum light penetration.

Hop y'all enjoyed it and have a great day.

oh my deity, those monsters might end up giving you more than you can handle... an enviable position. MW2 got to go shoot stuff

oh my deity, those monsters might end up giving you more than you can handle.

Not bloody likely...lmmfao.

looking real nice bud!!

Thanks Brother. I can't wait to wake up every morning to see how much they've swelled.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a quick update. Got more string and tied the branches off to allow light in...I'd say that little bit of work improved light penetration/distribution by 50% or more. I had wondered why these plants seemed to want to grow out of the tub, and just realized that I off centered one light. I remounted it and slid it bck about 2' to pull some of the growth back.

Pics tomorrow...and it'll be alot easier to see what's going on here.

So when's the next guano fed soil grow?

Funny you should ask. Got one happening right now, sort of a side project to test a theory. So far, it hasn't worked out nearly as well as I had hoped, but there have been some encouraging signs in the last week.

If your question is when my next guano journal will be, most likely it'll be my last summer grow. I'm doing the last of my hydro season right now, and will be moving back to soil with the next, but I'll be usng the H&G soil base along with all the additives, after that is a coco grow,featuring...wait for it...the H&G coco base along with the additives. The guano grow will come after that it looks like and will feature Purple Wreck as the strain.

I'm hoping to learn a thing or two from this grow I have going, but I've had some very serious defficiency issues with the program I'm working now, which may end up being a medium issue (Coco) more than an actual nutrient issue. I'm working with clones so I may rerun this test with FFOF.

Well that's cool. I can't wait to see another amazing guano grow. Your last one was cut way too short.

Yeah I've been having def/toxicity problems in my FFOF. I'm not blaming it on the soil, but I do think between my water(137ppm with PUR filter, 180+ w/o filter) and how hot the soil is to begin with. Plus feeding all the liquids and soluables from fox farm also. I think I'm feeding to much, and its locking out Ca and the burning also. I'm gonna do my whole next run 1/2 strength, and I'm mixing plain soil with FFOF..

Sorry to ramble. Just smoked a tester nug off my GWS, probably coming down in a week or two

Well that's cool. I can't wait to see another amazing guano grow. Your last one was cut way too short.

Yeah, that was a heartbreaker. On the positive side, I learned alot. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish off the next one without weather/power issues.

That last guano grow was on the fast track to putting most plants to shame. Sucks that strom knocked your power out. Well good luck and keep it green and covered in trichs

Well today was very interesting PPM wise. Over the last week, primarily on the NL clone which seems to be about two weeks in front of the VK, I had noticed quite alot of red in the leaf stems. Now anyone who follows my journals know I despise P deficiencies in flower...it's a yield killer, but there wasn't much I could do to boost P until I hit the scheduled addition of the Shooting Powders. I didn't notice an abnormal PPM drop yesterday, but today was an entirely different deal. The red stems are completely gone, and super aggressive flower has started, so I decided it had pulled all the SP out of the nute mix...so out with that res and in with a new one...with just a tad more SP in the mix. We'll see how it works out.

On a side note, I have the three NL cuttings, which are well rooted, but in pretty rough shape, in my small tub to veg them for the three weeks or so have left on these girls. I was going to soil grow them for a journal, but he wanted me to do his in a bucket, so that's how I decided to do all of them...basement stays cool enough, just annoying to run up and down stairs several times a day.

Pics...

100_2569.jpg

100_2571.jpg

100_2572.jpg

100_2574.jpg

100_25751.jpg

100_25761.jpg

100_2578.jpg

100_2580.jpg

100_2582.jpg

Well, not much else to say. I'll be really interested in what the plants and PPM look like tomorrow morning.

Y'all have a great day.

hey so. weed. looks awesome man. really.
that yeild will be nice.
im veg'n 5 swiss cheese plants from nirvana and am thinking about getting H&G nutes.
im on the 4 week of veg'n plan on 60 days. so im wondering where to start H&G nutes?
im doing soiless and have been using all AN nutes up to this point.
should i go to soil b and budxxl? im after a large yeild.i also have 3 ak48 clones. any recommendations?
:thanks: and:bravo:

hey so. weed. looks awesome man. really.
that yield will be nice.
I'm veg'n 5 swiss cheese plants from nirvana and am thinking about getting H&G nutes.
I'm on the 4 week of veg'n plan on 60 days. so I'm wondering where to start H&G nutes?
im doing soiless and have been using all AN nutes up to this point.
should i go to soil b and budxxl? im after a large yield.i also have 3 ak48 clones. any recommendations?
:thanks: and:bravo:

First, thanks for the kind words. This grow is going about as well as one could reasonably expect, and while I'd like to say it's my guru-like skill, with apologies to Mars, "It's gotta be the nutes."

Now for the nutrient questions. I would not recommend switching nutrients mid grow. Can it be done? Yes, but it's a dicey proposition to switch gears on the plants like that. Having said that, the use of the H&G additive line...Root Excelurator, Algen Extract, Multi Zyme, Bud XL, Top Booster, Drip Clean and Shooting Powders, can be used with any base nutrient, although it will work best if you use the H&G base nutrient.

Now you said you were growing soiless, and that's a wide open medium selection, with many different mediums falling in that category. H&G is best known in Europe for their Coco line...with the additives of course...so if you're in Coco, I'd strongly recommend you use that particular line. I'll send you a PM and we can narrow it down.

Man, I'm one happy grower. But I'm up against a little timing issue with these girls. The NL is further along than I thought yesterday. This morning, just to get an idea of what was happening with the NL, I clipped a leaf and put it under the scope and my jaw nearly hit the floor. There is a very nice coating of sugar on her and the trichomes are already 50% cloudy...unreal.

The VK are beginning to suffer a bit from the choking size of the NL, and the VK is the strain I want...so the NL may be on it's way out here in a week or ten days. We'll just have to see how things go...it's been evident that the NL was in front of the VK, but I didn't realize they were that far apart.

Pics...

100_2590.jpg

100_25911.jpg

100_25921.jpg

100_25931.jpg

100_25941.jpg

100_25951.jpg

100_25971.jpg

100_25991.jpg

100_26001.jpg

100_26011.jpg

Hope y'all enjoyed the show.

Shit every day so far man hahaha :yummy:

always enjoy pics of some beautiful buds/colas,

have a video camera by chance ?:ganjamon:

Shit every day so far man hahaha :yummy:

always enjoy pics of some beautiful buds/colas,

have a video camera by chance ?:ganjamon:

I don't...except for a crappy one on my cam. I've thought several times about buying one though and doing a timelapse photo journal...maybe I'll go ahead and do that.

I don't...except for a crappy one on my cam. I've thought several times about buying one though and doing a timelapse photo journal...maybe I'll go ahead and do that.

The timelapse would be sick, great idea!!

When flowering comes you can focus on the trichomes and watch them develope that would be a trip :yahoo:

Looking forward to your new toy if you get it :ganjamon:

Just poking in. Great tips on the P during bloom. I'm sure everything is peachy with your mix now, sounds like they've taken off again, but if you want to add P - Hydroplex works well for me.

:nicethread::peace::rollit:

yea your right.
no sense in changing nutes. ive been using the AN grow, micro, bloom, bud candy, b-52, molasses, and P-K by extreme additives 40-23. also spray n grow w/ coco wetting agent for folair. got 2 400 watt hps lights ang 5 26 watt 5500k lights using a clamp reflectors. both 400 watt systems have conversion bulbs. 7200k ushio opti blue, and an eye 4500k mh bulbs.
using spagnum peat moss, perlite, vermeculite and sand.
but i could order some growth stimulants H&G
my grow is very green and healthy all females.
will be taking some clones this weekend of the swiss cheese.
should i do 90 day veg?
my last grow was blue mystic and white widow. very low yeild.
only veg'd for 28 days. thats probably the reason why. ive been following your grow journals since i started on 420. you always manage to get big yeilds and beautiful plants. im on my 4th grow so im still lack the skills. ive been disabled for 2 years now. so i started this awesome hobby. and have read the 420 book how to grow marijuana. but i learned mostly everything i know by reading and asking questions. im finally able to clone now w/ more sucess than failure.
i learn something new almost daily by reading journals, questions and response
i plan on getting some wonder woman also from nivana and doing a 90 day veg. as soon as i pay down my credit card lol.:thanks:

I'm not a fan of long veg periods for indoor plants. I rarely veg for more than 4 weeks and manage good yields from that short period.

There's a couple reasons for this. First, long veg means larger plants, which may sound good on the surface, but the fact is, unless you've got your own personal nuclear reactor to power all the lights you'll need to adequately cover/penetrate the plants, you reach a point of not just diminishing returns, but actual yield reduction.

There are exceptions to that...I did say rarely...and the biggest one for me is pure landrace strains...particularly the long flowering Sativas...that seem to need the extended veg to really produce.

With respect to the H&G additives, I can't recomend then strongly enough...the base nutrients as well. Let me know if you have a local dealer, if not I'll shoot you my guy's info.

Just poking in. Great tips on the P during bloom. I'm sure everything is peachy with your mix now, sounds like they've taken off again, but if you want to add P - Hydroplex works well for me.
:nicethread::peace::rollit:

Missed this yesterday PG, my bad. I have used Hydroplex before, and you are quite right, a good performer at a reasonable cost. In this case, I wasn't comfortable putting anything other than the H&G line and really just had to write it off to the difficulties encountered when growing 2 strains in the same tub...just one of a myriad of compromises you have to make when growing like this. There's no reason...if you want to grow 4 plants...to not use 4 individual buckets and give yourself the option to target feed each plant. I said it in my first post in this thread, tub growing is adequate...but nowhere near optimal.

I am working on a video now. I'm having trouble getting a good all around view...I'm shooting blind. In all that light the small LCD screen isn't visible. Probably shouldn't have bought the el cheapo closeout video camera. I'll sort it out, post it to YouTube and link it here later.

Back
Top Bottom