ViparSpectra KS5000 Helps GDB Seek Anxiety!

Hello again 420!

ViparSpectra In the Tent!

Lucky me has been provided with a new grow light from @ViparSpectra! The KS5000 pulls 500 watts, which is 50 more than the light it is replacing. Will that mean more, bigger, better buds? We shall see!

In my haste to put the KS5000 to use, I took my flowering girls out of my 4x4 tent and moved them to my 5x5, which had been sitting idle.

I then set about modifying the 4x4 in order to install the new light.

The KS5000 is way larger than the light it's replacing and I needed to adjust my exhaust fan and ducting to fit it in the 4x4. I also had to move my electric sockets to a place where the new lights power cord could reach them from on top of the tent. Other than those two mods, installing the light was a breeze. The lights and frame by themselves are quite light. The driver, on the other hand, is quite heavy.

I placed the driver on top of my tent because it's weight just makes me think it's going to generate a lot of heat and that's not something I need inside my tent.

Here's the light fresh out of the box:
Vipar unbox.jpg

And here is the driver, cords and the other needed hanging gear:
Vipar driver.jpg

It's in place now. Just a little more tent cleaning and I'll be ready to roll!
IMG_5884.jpg

Driver placement:
IMG_5885.jpg

Thanks so much for this opportunity @ViparSpectra. I'll try to be worthy of your largesse!

So about my anxiety search...

I've heard from numerous users here on 420 about how some high THC strains leave them with feelings of anxiety and paranoia.

I've been using weed for a lot of years and have never experienced such feelings from any weed. (Those states of mind were reserved for other "synthetic" drugs that I dabbled in during my younger days!:eek:)

I'm not actually trying to feel anxiety-ridden. Like I said, I've never felt anxiety from any weed and doubt that I ever will. Still, I figure the closer I get to -- almost, nearly, just about -- feeling that way, the better! :)

So I'll be growing some high THC cultivars, or at least some that the breeder claims are high in THC.

The lineup (text in blue is from the vendor):

Purple Star Killer -- 25-29% THC
Purple Star Killer is an Indica-dominant strain resulting from a cross between Purple Kush and Star Killer. Both of these Indica-dominant strains show impressive coloration. Purple Kush is a Californian strain with a nice appearance and pleasant fragrances as well as relaxing and satisfying effects. Star Killer was a champion in the Colorado Cannabis Cup 2016 in the category of Best Hybrid Flower. This strain offers its Afghan roots and ensures that this magnificent quality strain is resistant to pests and diseases

Reeze McFlurry -- 24-29% THC
Reeze McFlurry was developed from an extremely potent female, Peanut Butter Breath x Zkittlez x (Mac F1 #9), that has a particularly pronounced terpene and cannabinoid profile. Both parent plants were selected through a long process of searching for flavor and potency to finally obtain the properties we had envisioned. Our feminized seeds of Reeze MacFlurry originated from the cross between Peanut Butter Breath x Zkittlez to obtain a more citric profile and then finally crossed with a Mac F1 #9. These are three strains of great renown that have won great prizes and provide us with unique effects and powerful flavors. McFlurry is often chosen to treat those suffering from conditions such as chronic pain, depression, chronic fatigue, nausea or appetite loss, chronic stress or anxiety, and Bipolar Disorder. This bud has super dense and tight, grape-shaped, minty green nugs with thin brown hairs and a coating of thick, frosty, golden amber crystal trichomes. From the first days of flowering until harvest, it is a marijuana plant that gives off a sweet, fruity aroma accompanied with citrus notes that melt in your mouth with an earthy flavor

Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner -- 24-28% THC
Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner is a truly beautiful, compact and bushy plant with a robust stem and sparse internodes. The purple color of its parental strain, Grandaddy Purple, has been completely transmitted to this strain, making her buds with gorgeous purple tones covered with bright resin trichomes a real source of attention. This plant beauty can be cultivated by beginner hands as it requires little attention. When grown indoors, keep a comfortably warm 70-80 ‘ F and a 40-50% humidity level. In addition, make sure you cut its leaves to allow greater aeration and less humidity. Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner can also be grown outdoors in plenty of sunshine.

Gush Mints S1 -- 31-34% THC
Gush Mints S1 was developed from an extremely potent female, Kush Mints x F1 Durb x Gushers, that has a particularly pronounced terpene and cannabinoid profile. Both parent plants were selected through a long process of searching for flavor and potency to finally obtain the properties we had envisioned. Gush Mints electrifies and colors the trend for minty strains. It takes Kush Mints and crosses it with legendary F1 Durban and Gushers. The result is “creamy fizz and kushy candy terpenes

I'm still debating whether I'll grow these in 3 or 5 gallon fabric pots. I'll likely go with 3s because I'm not trying to grow huge plants and because the less water I have to schlepp the better!

I'll send the seeds swimming either today or tomorrow, and I hope the Germination Gremlin stays away!

I hope you'll be able to join me.

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.

GBD, good day to you and thanks for that review.

Wow, that's some potent thc those babies put out, never had a smoke in the 30's. Good luck with the germination phase and how about keeping us informed to how the grow is going.

Take care brother.
garybo

GBD, good day to you and thanks for that review.

Wow, that's some potent thc those babies put out, never had a smoke in the 30's. Good luck with the germination phase and how about keeping us informed to how the grow is going.

Take care brother.
garybo
Thanks Garybo. That's some potent THC those babies are supposed to put out. We'll see! :Rasta:

Congrats on the new light and sponsorship!
:welldone:

LOL on the anxiety title and interesting selection of seeds. 🙂

Are you going with Dots for these?
Thank you Shed.

No dots this time around. I'll be using the Roots Organics dry nutrients again. I like the job they're doing on my Purple Dream.

I'm saving my remaining Dots for my Sour G grow, coming up next! ;)

Congrats on the new light GDB. I'm looking forward to seeing how messed up you can get on these high-THC beasts. Good luck on popping the seeds.

Thanks Garybo. That's some potent THC those babies are supposed to put out. We'll see! :Rasta:
Yes we will, I've already started looking for Gush Mints seeds for my next spring grow.
Oh, sorry for messing up your initials, meant to type GDB, anyway "you the man"!

5 gallon pots, 500 watts...has a nice ring to it, no?
No. :laughtwo:
I wish I could say that!

Good luck on your quest to find some "nervous" weed..!.
I couldn't remember the nervous weed you mentioned at one time (why I try to write everything down).

Do you recall what it was?
Seems like that ⬆️one just might do it..:oops:
I'm actually having a tough time believing those numbers but I thought, "What the hell!"

Not interested in growing a jungle, eh? 😁
Do you recall what it was?
Chem Dawg is the one that did the anxiety number on me...most weed does it for a few minutes, but that one lasted a loonng time...I think it's just me though- it didn't do that to anyone else, and Mrs.C. has a Chem Dawg gummy every night, doesn't do anything except get her nice 'n stoned...

Not interested in growing a jungle, eh? 😁
If I had an assistant to carry the buckets of water, lift/move around the plants and trim them, then I'd love to grow a jungle! :)

I'm an old man. Nearly every time I bend over for an extended period while piddling around in the tent, I've got to go pee! :laughtwo:

Chem Dog. Got it!

Back
Top Bottom