Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

Blueberry has been sitting in the dark for a few days.
She's gonna be an easy trim. She was mostly bud.
I'm chopping this evening if all goes well today.
I'll be using my drying net to speed her along. Hopefully she doesn't mold.
The rh has been decent in there. I looked a little bit ago and it read at 41%rh with 70° temps.

Back to work for me. I'm sick but stuff still needs to get done, doesn't it?

Blueberry has been sitting in the dark for a few days.
She's gonna be an easy trim. She was mostly bud.
I'm chopping this evening if all goes well today.
I'll be using my drying net to speed her along. Hopefully she doesn't mold.
The rh has been decent in there. I looked a little bit ago and it read at 41%rh with 70° temps.

Back to work for me. I'm sick but stuff still needs to get done, doesn't it?
I don't think I'm nearly alone in saying that I can't WAIT to see a big, trimmed, finished bud of this!!!! Congratulations on the spectacular (about to) harvest! When I first looked at the pics I thought on a glance you had already trimmed them up for hanging on the vine! I looked closer and see that as expected all the fans are droopy yellow paint now and the buds look almost ready to go. Amazing, and thanks for letting us know that Blueberry can go longer by far than the specs. We all pretty much grow it at one time or another, or will if we haven't already. This is one of the most fruitful BB plants I have ever seen. Since we don't have smellevision, what's it smell like????

Amazing, and thanks for letting us know that Blueberry can go longer by far than the specs.
Today she's 174 days since sprout and 96 days since flip. I definitely didn't expect her to take so long.
I spent almost a half year growing that plant.

Since we don't have smellevision, what's it smell like????
Lol. A bit like blueberries. Not an artificial blueberry scent but actual blueberry plants. It has that hint of green to it with a muted berry undertone.

The green should leave in cure and give up a sweeter bud with more pronounced berry notes.

Today she's 174 days since sprout and 96 days since flip. I definitely didn't expect her to take so long.
I spent almost a half year growing that plant.

Lol. A bit like blueberries. Not an artificial blueberry scent but actual blueberry plants. It has that hint of green to it with a muted berry undertone.

The green should leave in cure and give up a sweeter bud with more pronounced berry notes.
Today she's 174 days since sprout and 96 days since flip

:adore: :adore: :adore:

If I may just say, whoa. I very much admire that level of patience. It's something I aspire to and haven't been able to self-generate just yet. Lol. A skill one usually has to develop, yes? 6 months. Damn.

If I may just say, whoa. I very much admire that level of patience. It's something I aspire to and haven't been able to self-generate just yet. Lol. A skill one usually has to develop, yes? 6 months. Damn.
You'd have to get out of coco, @Jon . Your stuff grows things too fast in that stuff so you'll never get to appreciate what the rest of us experience. :p

You'd have to get out of coco, @Jon . Your stuff grows things too fast in that stuff so you'll never get to appreciate what the rest of us experience. :p
This is true. I'd be hard pressed to keep a coco plant that long, it would require a huge pot and a huge tent. One day when I have several tents or a huge grow space I'll do a real long soil veg and make a huge plant that creates buds as gorgeous as that BB bud. If that doesn't win NOTM or one of the contests when it's entered I'll be shocked. Some of the nicest buds I've seen on the whole forum. Now that said, wait til you see my next coco trick. It's time to try the 2 pound/one plant grow like Virgin or West, I forget which, but they came very close. It can be done. And it can be done in coco. One plant, a 15 gallon pot, and the 5x5 and I think I can get it done with just a 60 day veg. It'll be fun to train one plant to fill an entire tent.

This is true. I'd be hard pressed to keep a coco plant that long, it would require a huge pot and a huge tent. One day when I have several tents or a huge grow space I'll do a real long soil veg and make a huge plant that creates buds as gorgeous as that BB bud. If that doesn't win NOTM or one of the contests when it's entered I'll be shocked. Some of the nicest buds I've seen on the whole forum. Now that said, wait til you see my next coco trick. It's time to try the 2 pound/one plant grow like Virgin or West, I forget which, but they came very close. It can be done. And it can be done in coco. One plant, a 15 gallon pot, and the 5x5 and I think I can get it done with just a 60 day veg. It'll be fun to train one plant to fill an entire tent.
I hope you plan on documenting that one!

:rofl:

Jk, but I do look forward to following that..

Sorry to hear you're sick again, VG. Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Your Blueberry looks chonky and I'm sure you'll get a decent yield from her.

Holy Moly VG! What a beast! :jawdropper:

That sucker is definitely worth the 6 months you spent growing it!

Amazing. :eek:

That girl's gonna fill a few jars :oops:
She's beautiful, VG

Today she's 174 days since sprout and 96 days since flip

:adore: :adore: :adore:

Sorry to hear you're sick again, VG. Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Your Blueberry looks chonky and I'm sure you'll get a decent yield from her.

Feel better VG. Those buds are enormous!

Hey y'all.

Thanks for the compliments on my Blueberry girl.
Sorry for my absence but it couldn't be helped as I do have Covid once again.
I was resting a lot as you can imagine.

I'll catch y'all up with the garden tomorrow but for today I'm going to keep it brief and just show some pics of the Blueberry buds.

I haven't weighed anything yet. I'll do that soon as I'm curious to see what she gave up in the end.
I actually ended up hanging this plant whole. I just wasn't up to dealing with trimming a plant at the time. Luckily, she took seven days to dry. 60% rh and 68°. I looked really closely and didn't see any mold so far. Blueberry is supposed to be quite mold resistant iirc.

I managed to fill three quart jars , one half gallon jar and two sandwich bags of fine trim from her.
Not a bad haul.

Hope y'all are doing well and your gardens are thriving!!!

Sorry to hear you got Covid again. I hope you feel better soon and never, ever get Covid again. :hug:

I'm glad you were able to harvest the Blueberry. I'm planning on whole plant drying the remaining 2 Pineapple Expresses for similar reasons.

Hey y'all.

Thanks for the compliments on my Blueberry girl.
Sorry for my absence but it couldn't be helped as I do have Covid once again.
I was resting a lot as you can imagine.

I'll catch y'all up with the garden tomorrow but for today I'm going to keep it brief and just show some pics of the Blueberry buds.

I haven't weighed anything yet. I'll do that soon as I'm curious to see what she gave up in the end.
I actually ended up hanging this plant whole. I just wasn't up to dealing with trimming a plant at the time. Luckily, she took seven days to dry. 60% rh and 68°. I looked really closely and didn't see any mold so far. Blueberry is supposed to be quite mold resistant iirc.

I managed to fill three quart jars , one half gallon jar and two sandwich bags of fine trim from her.
Not a bad haul.

Hope y'all are doing well and your gardens are thriving!!!
Those are amazing buds. Perfectly formed and taken at what appears to be the perfect time. How blueberry smelling are they?

Back
Top Bottom