Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

From Forbes....
More Potent Than CBD, THC: Dr. Raphael Mechoulam Explains His Latest Discovery
Professor Raphael Mechoulam, also known as the “father of cannabis research,” revealed his latest discovery, cannabidiolic acid methyl ester (EPM301), only a few months ago. The introduction of this new, patented compound (synthetic, fully stable acid-based cannabinoid molecules) caused a wave of excitement around the future of medicinal cannabis.

The compound in question was presented to the world in partnership with EPM, a global biotechnology company based in the U.S. that aims to bridge the gap between the cannabis and pharmaceutical industries.

During a recent, exclusive conversation, CEO Reshef Swisa and Dr. Mechoulam, shared the history of the journey behind this revolutionary process and its significance in evolving the use of CBD as a pharmaceutical drug.

Meet EPM301
“EPM developed a method to work with the original substances of cannabis,” the Professor explained. “So, while everybody is discussing THC and CBD, these cannabinoids are actually a secondary substance; they only appear later in the plant.

“Originally there is an acid that appears in the plant, and those acids are these mysterious worlds of compounds that are much more potent than cannabinoids,” he added.

However, these cannabidiolic acids were unstable, and therefore useless in pharmaceutical drug development. Until now, that is.

Mechoulam’s recent revelation stems from the development of a method that allows to modify the acids in a way that keeps them stable enough to allow for their larg- scale use. This opens the door for further pharmaceutical experiments, the professor explained.

“We took a cannabidiol acid and we stabilized it by a simple chemical procedure, called esterification; then the compound is stable,” Swisa explained.

The team then “started looking at the activities of this compound…and found that this particular compound causes suppression of anxiety and suppression of nausea,” he continued, adding that this could make a huge difference in cancer patients on chemotherapy, as well as patients with IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) or Psoriasis.

Innovating At 88
That CBD and THC can help with a long list of conditions from inflammation and anxiety, to depression and nausea, has been known for quite some time now.

In fact, Mechoulam was possibly the most significant academic to shed light on the active principles of the cannabis plant back in the 1960s, when his work at the Weizmann Institute led to the discovery of the human endo-cannabinoid system, crowning him the “father of cannabis research.”

But the 88 year-old researcher’s newest discovery presents cannabidiolic acid as a far more potent compound than CBD or THC — with no known negative side effects.

“We badly need new drugs in several diseases and some of the drugs that are available, may be pretty good but they ultimately cause side effects,” he said, referencing most non-natural phama drugs, wich are semi-synthetic at best.

“We have two groups of compounds today that need to have a replacement: these are steroids and opioids. We believe that cannabis carries the ability to introduce replacements to these families.”

An Alternative To Steroids And Opioids
While CBD has been considered an alternative to addictive prescription drugs for several years now, EPM’s patent on the use of cannabidiolic acid is the first to prove that these drugs can essentially be substituted without major changes in their efficiency.

“We compare our compound not only to cannabinoids, but to the existing drugs that are applied today,” Mechoulam explained. “So, for example, in IBD we compared our compounds to two conventional products: one is the prednisone (the steroids) and one is a biological drug. And in both of them, we managed to prove that the activity of our compound is very similar to the common one.”

The researcher is optimistic when it comes to the future.

“I sincerely hope that one day we will have, within the next few years, a cannabidiolic acid derivative on the market in parallel to CBD itself.”
But he also warned of the importance of classifying and regulating drugs correctly for their medical use, in order to avoid unwanted side effects.

“Companies should be careful when they’re taking compounds and claiming therapeutics. They need to do it in accordance with the regulation in order to create consistency in the language…because people confuse recreational use with the medicinal use and aren’t necessarily looking to a specific indication, with specific dosing,” he ended.

Cannabidiol is something that I read about in the early 70's. My iso2(isomerizer) hash oil machine back then had a book mentioning it. I think the procedure was to treat the flower with sulphuric acid, then evaporate it away. It said it would increase the high. Never did it because I was afraid of the acid part, but it was mentioned. This is a cool thing for the future for us!

Plants look lovely and very bushy and make me want to grab my scissors, but then I'm #nolarf.
We had a storm yesterday.
I'm heartbroken this morning.
I planted her myself from seed. She was about 25' tall.
My condolences on your loss, and gain.
At least she missed my shed.
Aww...it's so nice when you refer to me as your shed :love:
When I told torturedsoul males dont make flowers I got mocked and made fun of.
Sorry about your luck VG.
TS mocks and makes fun of so much it's hard to take him seriously, so like VG said, don't sweat it. If someone says they woke up in the morning and killed their plant because they saw flowers, you can't blame us for not asking "What kind of flowers do you mean?"
I feel my luck could change.
:party:

Cannabidiol is something that I read about in the early 70's. My iso2(isomerizer) hash oil machine back then had a book mentioning it. I think the procedure was to treat the flower with sulphuric acid, then evaporate it away. It said it would increase the high. Never did it because I was afraid of the acid part, but it was mentioned. This is a cool thing for the future for us!
I would probably feel the same. Messing around with acid isn't something I care to do.
That man has an amazing brain. Pains me that the world will someday lose it.
Plants look lovely and very bushy and make me want to grab my scissors, but then I'm #nolarf.

My condolences on your loss, and gain.

I'm working on the larf. Just been very busy. I'm finally taking a break for dinner but have to get back at it.
Found the last bottle of neem in my town. Luckily is was the brand that you suggested. Also picked up a one gallon pump sprayer.

Still have to deal with the tree. :rolleyes:

Aww...it's so nice when you refer to me as your shed :love:
Awww... :hug::love:

Just think of all the bad bugs those spiders would have eaten.
No worries. I have many, many more.
They will repopulate that area pretty fast. It seems to be the favorite spot for them.

I’d give them a free pass in my tent. Lol
I usually have one or two in my tents. I leave them but we are talking about egg sacs galore. Looks like I got most before the hatching began.

So I believe that I mentioned that in my last grow I used too much perlite and was going to reduce the amount.
I kinda took a hard left and went all Pro Mix all-purpose and no added perlite. Seems to work better for big plants. Babies look like they are handling it just fine. I absolutely soak them and they seem to have plenty of oxygen getting to the roots.
I sure don't want to buy a huge bag of perlite if I don't have to.
The MC ver.3 seems to be working great as well.

Lil GZ is looking much better. Almost ready to put into flower. Just need to finish cleaning my fans and light in the 2x4.
I destroyed spiderland today. That was pretty gross.

RQS babies look fabu.

Family portrait...

That little Mars SP150 is doing a great job so far.

oooh nooo spiderland ... ! (sniff) :cheesygrinsmiley:

plants look great.
I usually have one or two in my tents. I leave them but we are talking about egg sacs galore. Looks like I got most before the hatching began.

when i did actual person sized grows i always kept all the spiders.
used to bring all the ladybugs i could find too. they always did ok when i ran soil.

oooh nooo spiderland ... ! (sniff) :cheesygrinsmiley:

plants look great.

when i did actual person sized grows i always kept all the spiders.
used to bring all the ladybugs i could find too. they always did ok when i ran soil.
Haven't really seen any ladybugs or Asian beetles for that matter. Weird.
I like the little hunting spiders. My closet has one. I can always bring some back in. My windows are full of the little guys.
I’ve grown in straight coco with no perlite for almost 4 years.
I was trying to make my own version of HP. If this keeps working as well as it does my cost per 3 plant grow for nutes and media is about $20. Electricity is another matter.

I was paying $60 per grow for Fox Farms and that was just the soil alone. Another $15-20 for nutes. Seems just crazy to me now.
Yeah ffof ffhf are expensive. But you can reuse it forever basically right? Kinda like lights and the tent. You dont toss em after one round. ROI comes over time, not on one run. Yeah?

Or do you use it and toss it?

Back
Top Bottom