Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

Thanks CraZy.
I'm excited to start my next journal. Hope you will stop by.
:circle-of-love:

Belly rubs for Ginza ,from me.

Oh I most certainly will if you invite me! :love:

Ginza is rolling on her back for your belly rubs, she loves them. :kiss:

I decided to try the SP150 in the closet.

That will be awesome there, very excited seeing that new one in action soon as well. :)

leary of all chinese companies

Well the whole western world should have thought of this when we started to give them all boring jobs regarding soldering and environmental damaging processes involved in manufacturing these components we didn't want to have in our backyards, and secondly Vg is all too right about this not being the right community to discuss this in.

It's a totally irreversible state the world economy is in and we are all dependent of each other, whether we like it or not...

I want this space to be for everyone.

:green_heart:

Nothing to see here. I may have gone emotional on bluter's shoulder while misunderstanding a statement. SAP these daze. No kittens were ruffled in the process or anything. I can and will do better.:)
I was a bit confused too.
I think we are ok here. All of us.
I don't want any negative feelings about this so I hope I didn't come off as angry or too harsh. Not my intention to alienate anyone.
I realize that my friends are going to have views that differ from mine.
Just don't want politics on my journal. It's too hot of a topic for my comfort and I can't imagine that I'm the only one who feels this way. I hope that is ok with everyone??

And now.......:passitleft:
Back to our regularly scheduled toking!

Oh I most certainly will if you invite me! :love:
You need to be invited??? Where have I heard that before??
Ahhhh.....I think I understand now.
You're some sort of forum vampire!
I've heard of your type. Very cunning.:laughtwo:

I agree, politics are a very heated discussion right now. We just need to show people we can all come together within the cannabis community and work towards our common goals together.

I agree, politics are a very heated discussion right now. We just need to show people we can all come together within the cannabis community and work towards our common goals together.
Well said. Thank you Penny.

I certainly agree. I’d say that’s probably the primary reason I grow and smoke, to try and escape that shxt for a little while, ok maybe all the time but who’s counting. :yummy:
what about weed politics? The licensing and renewals are way to fn expensive...

Besides the plants looking great (even the pouty one should turn around just fine):
I'm going to sit in there this afternoon and check for new ones just to be safe.
I hope there is a zipper on the inside! :nervous-guy:
Mail day!!!
:yahoo: Use it in the bestest of health. And you have the bestest friends!
It's 16" away from the GZ and I can still move it up another 3-4". Hopefully she slows her roll and stops stretching soon.
If you decouple the driver from the light you can dim it if you run out of headroom. I'm running my SP250 at half power now.

I certainly agree. I’d say that’s probably the primary reason I grow and smoke, to try and escape that shxt for a little while, ok maybe all the time but who’s counting. :yummy:
what about weed politics? The licensing and renewals are way to fn expensive...
It's a plant. It shouldn't have to have licensing or permits imo. I can grow all kinds of legal yet highly intoxicating and lethal plants without one. My neighbor has one that ricin can be extracted from and another that can cause extreme hallucinations and death.
Sure is a great way to separate us from our money though.

Besides the plants looking great (even the pouty one should turn around just fine):

I hope there is a zipper on the inside! :nervous-guy:

:yahoo: Use it in the bestest of health. And you have the bestest friends!

If you decouple the driver from the light you can dim it if you run out of headroom. I'm running my SP250 at half power now.
The SP150 doesn't have a dimmer. Neither does their TS600. TS1000 ,Sp250 and so on do. I have about 8 more inches she can stretch before I get to the minimum distance of 12" away from the canopy. With a little luck it should all work out.

On the driver itself? The SP250 has two holes on the bottom of the driver (the side you can't get to without unscrewing it) and one is marked V (for Voltage, not Virgin...sorry). If the MW on the SP150 doesn't have that there's always window screen!
I can certainly look closer in the morning but I believe that Sara addressed a question about it earlier today on the Mars Hydro thread. Said that it was not dimmable.

On the driver itself? The SP250 has two holes on the bottom of the driver (the side you can't get to without unscrewing it) and one is marked V (for Voltage, not Virgin...sorry). If the MW on the SP150 doesn't have that there's always window screen!

I would be careful though if you are doing this in blind without doing any measuring of current or voltage, depending on what output the driver have and what the led panel can handle. You could potentially damage the panel when adjusting back to full it would be safer to put a potentiometer on the dc side of the driver, that way you never can damage the panel.

I would be careful though if you are doing this in blind without doing any measuring of current or voltage, depending on what output the driver have and what the led panel can handle. You could potentially damage the panel when adjusting back to full it would be safer to put a potentiometer on the dc side of the driver, that way you never can damage the panel.
Oh true. I was thinking that dimming it wouldn't be a problem either way, but I use a Kill-a-watt meter when I'm dialing the power up or down.

Also, I think the SP150 doesn't have a MW driver, so that may explain why it's not dimmable. Window screen to the rescue!

Also, I think the SP150 doesn't have a MW driver, so that may explain why it's not dimmable.

mars uses all sorts of drivers. it's probably pairu. could even be a cheaper mean well. mean well has a troublesome relationship with mainland companies as it is from taiwan. mars uses all kinds of drivers as a result.

Oh true. I was thinking that dimming it wouldn't be a problem either way, but I use a Kill-a-watt meter when I'm dialing the power up or down.

Also, I think the SP150 doesn't have a MW driver, so that may explain why it's not dimmable. Window screen to the rescue!

Using Kill-a-light when setting both amps and volt is seriously putting the ramp in danger, you can set the voltage low and high amps with not getting a high wattage reading on that meter and the leds would fry in an instant from it.

P (Watt) = U (Volt) x I (Amp)
You should order a DC amp clamp meter when adjusting drivers, order one from some cheap China site. :blunt:

Using Kill-a-light when setting both amps and volt is seriously putting the ramp in danger, you can set the voltage low and high amps with not getting a high wattage reading on that meter and the leds would fry in an instant from it.

P (Watt) = U (Volt) x I (Amp)
You should order a DC amp clamp meter when adjusting drivers, order one from some cheap China site. :blunt:

if matched properly the driver should not fry anything when completely open. you should be able to open it up 100% without fear of destroying the emitters or worse.

it is possible to overdrive a fixture if the driver is too large, and then bring it back into safety by rolling it down. no responsible company would build it that way, and then leave it able to be adjusted to dangerous levels.

no responsible company would build it that way, and then leave it able to be adjusted to dangerous levels.

I wouldn't recommend anyone in to trying to adjust a driver with a killa-a-watt meter, secondly we are talking about a manufacturer who is presumably known for switching out drivers in their lights. Yesterday you even said you didn't trust Chinese companies and today you seem to do?

Back
Top Bottom