Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

I wouldn't recommend anyone in to trying to adjust a driver with a killa-a-watt meter, secondly we are talking about a manufacturer who is presumably known for switching out drivers in their lights. Yesterday you even said you didn't trust Chinese companies and today you seem to do?

first deep apologies to @Virgin Ground

i have refrained from replying in respect to your wishes. in my view replying would only lead down the rabbit hole of content you did not wish to have.

but here i am.

i don't trust the chinese gov't. chinese companies are a thorny separate issue.

chinese people are oppressed victims in my view.

chinese companies both benefit from, and are beholden to that gov't. anything in tech is particularly vulnerable. led lighting is tech. the folk behind those companies want to be good global citizens, but are not allowed choices, a vote, or even a voice.

i both fear for, and support, the chinese people, all free hong kong citizens, all free taiwan citizens, as well as ourselves.

mars makes a fantastic cheap product. i'd wager the best in that sector, they arguably own that sector. i respect their products. i do have questions as to how they got there, and who they owe.

if the employees of the organization had a voice within their own country i am certain they would be asking why citizens of my country are arbitrarily detained, and sent to concentration camp conditions violating geneva conventions.

i am certain they would question the treatment of the uighurs, and tibet, and i am sure they would scream for accountability over what happened at tiananmen - i lived through 89 - i knew folk i won't see again.

yes. it gets personal. personal is political in nature. political is personal in nature. we all have to live it.

again deep deep apologies to vg.

this will be the last post regarding this off - topic in this thread. folk are more than free to bombard my thread with comment, i don't mind.

I have no problem recommending a Kill-a-watt meter to monitor the watts while adjusting the voltage, and I can't be alone in that because this website is where I found the idea. I don't recommend leaving the meter inline after making the adjustments though.

I can't put more than 120v through the driver no matter what, and that is what the driver is designed for, so where would the problem come from?

I find clamp meters are difficult for a number of reasons. First because it has to go around a single wire (where my wires are together) and because the driver is hanging from the ceiling, which makes adjusting the set screw while reading the meter an acrobatic affair.

I have no problem recommending a Kill-a-watt meter to monitor the watts while adjusting the voltage, and I can't be alone in that because this website is where I found the idea. I don't recommend leaving the meter inline after making the adjustments though.

I can't put more than 120v through the driver no matter what, and that is what the driver is designed for, so where would the problem come from?

I find clamp meters are difficult for a number of reasons. First because it has to go around a single wire (where my wires are together) and because the driver is hanging from the ceiling, which makes adjusting the set screw while reading the meter an acrobatic affair.

depends on the meter

used clamp meters loads. decent flukes could pull a wire break and gave me a volt read on any of 30 wires in 3 inch thick lighting cable snake for show production. we had to use them all the time.

But still no reason to avoid a kill-a-watt, yes?
none from my perspective. it'a a simple tool.

but the driver better be in spec if you are gonna gonna use it as a dimmer check. that's another thing.

Hey y'all.
I dropped two @Weedseedsexpress strains yesterday.
They had tails this morning so they went straight into one gallons of Pro Mix.
They should be up in a few days.
I'll start my journal then.
I have a large amount of work to do in the next few days before they get above ground. I may be absent until then.

Just a quickie and then I'm off to bed.
I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow.
The GG#4s......
Top one is the broken one. She is looking good and has noticable growth. The other one was buried in dirt when I got them. She is having a harder time getting her feet under her. Starting to perk up though.
I'm optimistic.
Feed day for the closet GZ and the 2x4 chickies tomorrow.

chinese people are oppressed victims in my view.

Ofc, you are completely right there. Suffering is our common thing as humans and also natures. The best thing is to stop buying all crap but if these economic wheels stop turning the whole world comes to a stop and more than half the worlds population would starve to death in this perfect world. We are already consuming more than the planet can support us with, this date is soon upon us again think it is in August. But who is to choose who lives and not? Best thing we can do is to accept things as they are and try to do what we think is right in the extent we can.

I could keep on going this discussion with you Bluter for hours and I like your view of things don't get me wrong but its the wrong place.

:passitleft:

But still no reason to avoid a kill-a-watt, yes?

The problem with using this as reference is you are only seeing half the truth of your adjustments you are trying to make on the other side of the driver with a kill-a-watt you only measure the current going in to the driver your 120V AC is always the same. You know how a simple transformer work right? These new drivers are a bit more complex than this but the principle is the same, one voltage in and another different out. The way circuits are designed now in lights is a lot of leds connected in series and or parallel to each other to get an even load on the driver desired to use and what leds used -they often got very differed specs on both voltage and amp. Simplified - series circuits usually results in Voltage drops and parallel in Amp, these new type of drivers are designed to send out a constant voltage and amp setting to a precise tuning for the circuit. When you start adjusting the potentiometers on the driver the relation between amps and voltage change on the DC side of the driver which you are not really seeing when only measuring what you do on the AC side of the driver. I don't really know how to explain this in a way it could be more easy understandable... but trust me I blown uncountable leds this way. Only thing I want with this is to make you clear on that this is not a safe way of adjusting a constant current driver.

Sorry for this Vg... :love:

Ugh......

This started before I switched lights. It seems a bit worse today so in response I have moved up the Sp150 to max height in the closet. I just increased to 6.5 MC/gal. She was losing lowers fast through stretch. Still in a 5 gallon geopot.
I'll watch her.
If she gets worse I'll do a slurry or flush her out.
She may have some salt buildup as well.

This started before I switched lights. It seems a bit worse today so in response I have moved up the Sp150 to max height in the closet. I just increased to 6.5 MC/gal. She was losing lowers fast through stretch. Still in a 5 gallon geopot.
I'll watch her.
If she gets worse I'll do a slurry or flush her out.
She may have some salt buildup as well.
Hi VG. Sorry to see that but it is kinda beautiful. Just to understand - you believe that this could be due to the light intensity or the increase in the MC, or both?

Hi VG. Sorry to see that but it is kinda beautiful. Just to understand - you believe that this could be due to the light intensity or the increase in the MC, or both?
She was in better shape a week ago so I have to assume that it was something that changed in that time period. Whether it was her proximity to the blurple light through stretch, increasing MC levels or not getting a good enough runoff and then increasing to a higher powered light.
So the first thing that I do is back the light off. She is already having problems.
So I don't want to stress her further by giving her maximum light. I saw some salt buildup in the pot this morning so that may be a due to overfeeding or not getting a good enough runoff. There was also a salt crust on the soil this morning.
Lights are off now so I will have to decide what to do with her when lights come back on in 13 hrs. I'll open up her geopot and look at her roots.
It's looking like a flush so far though.

This ones for Chris... have you priced out a RO Buddy!
I've heard his opinion already this morning. He thinks she is overfed and that I'm a serial plant abuser.

You’ll help her through it VG. She sure is pretty with her cute lil buds. :battingeyelashes:
Step #1- Pull head from ass.
I wanted those leaves in good condition for a hash run. Lots of frost on them. She is part GG.

Back
Top Bottom