Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

Sooo....
The good and the bad.

Closet GZ looks slightly better.

RQS girls look good.

Lil GZ...not so much.

I have some rain water. I'm thinking about doing a flush on the lil GZ with it. I didn't have enough water sitting out like I usually do. If any of you see a problem with this then speak up. I think it might help her but I've never flushed with rain water before. I have fed with snow melt and that went well.

Well what's your plan after you flush? Are you coming back with the same amount of nutes? Which I don't recall how much they were being fed btw. What's your feeling on what the issue is? I think you need to reduce the MC and hit her with calmag.
She is at 5 gr /gal. The other girls are at 4.5. was going to come back in lower. Some of her roots look acidified to me. They are brown and you can see some newer white roots in the mix.
She has been in that pot for a bit.
Going to do a slurry for the love of it. I'll grab a few samples before I flush.

What's rain water but melted snow?
Well, since I know little about rain water and snow melt I figured that there was some hidden danger of a seasonal pH fluctuation or some other made up nonsense.

If the pH is higher than 6 then you should not have an issue with Mg lockout. Even hydro comes in at 5.8 but soil is anywhere above 6.0.
Lots of other things effect the Mg uptake though; N, P, K, Ca. An excess combination of any or all of these will cause Mg issues too.

Me, myself and Ginza are Ok. We are re energizing after some visits this weekend, my brother just got here for his vacation so it feels great to see him again haven't seen him since last summer now. Missed his visit this Xmas due to my flu I had then, he usually comes atleast twice a year and stays a few weeks at my parents.

Printing is still going strong and I invested in a glass bed for better adhesion of prints and another thing arriving today a 3d spacemouse for better navigating in cad so I hope I can get ambidextrous with it, you are suppose to have this thing in your left hand and right still on the regular mouse. :laughtwo:

How are you now? :love:

Well, since I know little about rain water and snow melt I figured that there was some hidden danger of a seasonal pH fluctuation or some other made up nonsense.

Sure you really want to know? LoL It can be very fluctuating but presumably more stable than surface water from a lake.

Heard about some weird stuff the Russians been spraying in the clouds to make it rain more due to their big fires in Siberia this summer though....

Hi folks, if you do flush with rain I'd think since it's very low ppm, that fact makes it good for the job. Second thought is. Plants love rain water.

GZ looks like a pounder in the making in there! Whoopa!
I flushed the lil GZ and the runoff was pretty dark. Turned down the light a smidge as well.
Sour D was showing a touch of light stress at 100%.
Think it may be too cold in here at lights out. 66 yesterday. Some of my problems could very well be coming from that. I'll mess around with my AC. It has some fancy remote that I can stick in my closet and control the AC via sensor.

Me, myself and Ginza are Ok. We are re energizing after some visits this weekend, my brother just got here for his vacation so it feels great to see him again haven't seen him since last summer now. Missed his visit this Xmas due to my flu I had then, he usually comes atleast twice a year and stays a few weeks at my parents.

Printing is still going strong and I invested in a glass bed for better adhesion of prints and another thing arriving today a 3d spacemouse for better navigating in cad so I hope I can get ambidextrous with it, you are suppose to have this thing in your left hand and right still on the regular mouse. :laughtwo:

How are you now? :love:

Sure you really want to know? LoL It can be very fluctuating but presumably more stable than surface water from a lake.

Heard about some weird stuff the Russians been spraying in the clouds to make it rain more due to their big fires in Siberia this summer though....
Glad you are getting some time with your brother. I haven't really seen any of my family since the holidays either.
Not that I'm complaining. We don't really get along too well.

I'm doing ok. Had a tough day yesterday.
Still a bit of a stomach bug. Trying to get motivated and get something accomplished today. Just so much to do and so little energy to do it with.

I knew my paranoia had a foundation. :laughtwo: What do they use to 'seed' the clouds or whatever it's called? Sounds totally safe with nothing to be concerned about.:eye-roll:

Glad you are getting some time with your brother. I haven't really seen any of my family since the holidays either.
Not that I'm complaining. We don't really get along too well.

Well he and mom is the only ones I can spend time with really, Dad is very special and we don't get along very well for any longer times but he is mostly quiet while I'm there. My sis is a different story, she is kind but made some decisions affecting the whole family in a way that don't fly anymore so we see her very little.

I'm doing ok. Had a tough day yesterday.
Still a bit of a stomach bug. Trying to get motivated and get something accomplished today. Just so much to do and so little energy to do it with.

Hope you get better Vg and get that motivation again, I know how that is... my condition before I started medication was total shutdown if anything got in my way of doing it in the first place....

Try to focus on the small things you can do first and after that the bigger things to do seems smaller once the ball is in motion.

I knew my paranoia had a foundation. :laughtwo: What do they use to 'seed' the clouds or whatever it's called? Sounds totally safe with nothing to be concerned about.:eye-roll:

I know they use a lot of really bad chems to seed the clouds with and its nothing one wants to put in their mouth... We had really strange weather here this summer and I suspect it can be a result from them using this, really super strong gusts of wind from the Baltic sea that we never had before for like 5min and then sunshine again. Strange times indeed.... :rolleyes:

carcass has me hooked on Mosquito Dunks for gnat control. I put one inside my rain barrel so when I draw the water out it's already got the gnat control in it. Mix my nutes and any eggs in the media are killed by the dunk herd. It also keeps the mosquitos out of the barrel if you don't have a mesh opening at the top.

Russian intervention...who's to say?

Actually think your country is to blame in the first place :laughtwo: When reading about this there were refers to some top secret military black bag program Nasa also was involved I think. Silver iodide is a compound used for seed clouds... maybe could use that in reversing sex on plants? :)

800px-Cloudseedingimagerevised-HE.jpg

Hope you get better Vg and get that motivation again, I know how that is... my condition before I started medication was total shutdown if anything got in my way of doing it in the first place....

Try to focus on the small things you can do first and after that the bigger things to do seems smaller once the ball is in motion.
I did get a lot of work done yesterday. Motivation kicked in early.
Need to make a run to the hardware store. My favorite place.
Some women like to go to the mall , I happen to love a well stocked hardware store. Especially ones with a large gardening center.
There is this aisle in the paint department of the local Home Depot. When you walk past it smell exactly like some super skunky bud. My kid, bf and brother all noticed it as well.
So long as the catchment surface is relatively clean.
The runoff is from my cloth topped grilling gazebo. Think it's polyester and lycra.

carcass has me hooked on Mosquito Dunks for gnat control. I put one inside my rain barrel so when I draw the water out it's already got the gnat control in it. Mix my nutes and any eggs in the media are killed by the dunk herd. It also keeps the mosquitos out of the barrel if you don't have a mesh opening at the top.
I put them in my collection bucket,pond and birdbaths. All new soil mixes are treated at germination or transplant. Haven't had gnats in months.
:hug: :love:
Actually think your country is to blame in the first place :laughtwo: When reading about this there were refers to some top secret military black bag program Nasa also was involved I think. Silver iodide is a compound used for seed clouds... maybe could use that in reversing sex on plants? :)

800px-Cloudseedingimagerevised-HE.jpg

Not surprised. Read about the gov. dropping Zinc Cadmium on South Minneapolis, Mn and other places. St.Louis and maybe somewhere in Texas?? I would have to look again. It's been a long time.
They already knew what it did to the unborn. 1940s-50s scientists were scary af.

Hi folks, if you do flush with rain I'd think since it's very low ppm, that fact makes it good for the job. Second thought is. Plants love rain water.

GZ looks like a pounder in the making in there! Whoopa!

Rain water will be low pH for the first 24hrs then it will rise slowly .... shouldn't affect anything but just be aware that the pH will change over time not that critical since almost no ppm as Otter mentioned. I'll use rain water as much as I can and snow melt too.

Climate change or Russian intervention...who's to say?

Russians dont care.... they just shaking their heads now. Their experiment backfired. lol

I did get a lot of work done yesterday. Motivation kicked in early.
Need to make a run to the hardware store. My favorite place.
Some women like to go to the mall , I happen to love a well stocked hardware store. Especially ones with a large gardening center.
There is this aisle in the paint department of the local Home Depot. When you walk past it smell exactly like some super skunky bud. My kid, bf and brother all noticed it as well.

You sound just like me, I'd much rather spend money on new tools and "hardware store stuff" than anything else and often do... preferably not over budget but things do tend to go to the extreme sometimes. It's a good thing we don't have Home Depot here but we got lots of hardware stores though... but mostly expensive once. But they are about to open my favorite store here we Swedes have, Biltema (~ Car Theme). They have their navy blue color and name on every little thing they sell but its cheap and some stuff is descent enough to buy and work with and they gone from having spare parts for cars to not having this in same extent and expanded their stocks to most power tools, gardening, animal and home decorations. So I'm afraid my wallet will get even thinner when they open here next summer.

Is your bf just like you when it comes to stuff like this or is he the feminine side of your relationship? :laughtwo:

Those smells hit me as well sometimes and it's in places one least would expect it to smell like weed... LoL

I would have to look again. It's been a long time.
They already knew what it did to the unborn. 1940s-50s scientists were scary af.

That's the sad thing with humanity, we need to test things in order to come to some conclusion about how dangerous it can be... Like a child playing underneath the sink, I accidentally mixed chlorine with lime and made some chlorine gas when I was a child... maybe one of the reasons I'm craZy.... :laughtwo:

Russians dont care.... they just shaking their heads now. Their experiment backfired. lol

Yeah they just laugh as well. lol

Love that free rainwater. Careful if you collect from your gutters. I used to do that and it gave me root rot from the bacteria that lives on the roof. I used the 30% h202 from previous hydroponic grows to sanitize the water for a while, and eventually I just set up a different method of collection.

Back
Top Bottom