Virgin Voyage Grow 2021

There 1 gallon pots
I haven't read back in your thread but its dependent on root structure size of pot size of lady, surface area of leaves, lights led v hps and room RH
And whats in your pot but if you want to call @Emilya you have to put that symbol in front of her name.
Happy growing friend.
Bill

@Emilya how long can I expect it to take for my pots to dry out. 1 gallon pot foxfarm ocean forest with a coco perlite additive. 1000 watt light. Room temp 70 plus. Humidity right now high 50s. I waited 5 days n lifted. I thought it felt light but when I watered a little, it seeped out.
Sorry it took me a while to answer... I am in the middle of uppotting. Humidity has nothing to do with it. Room temp has nothing to do with it. It takes as long as it takes for the roots to be able to USE all of that water... the soil doesn't just "dry out." Then, there is no set answer to your question. When you first start a plant or transplant one into a 1 gallon container, and then water it to runoff, there is no way that plant can use all of that water very quickly. First, it doesn't have roots all the way to the bottom yet, if it was transplanted, and a young plant hasn't yet developed strong enough tap and feeder roots to be able to suck up all that water either.

So at first, it can take a while... I have seen 7 to 10 days not be uncommon. As the plant is developing the tools to be able to use all of that water, it is growing new roots... and the next time it won't take as long to be able to use the same amount of water. If you hold out until the plant is actually dry, enough new roots will have been established that instead of 7 days, it only takes 5, to use the same amount of water. The next cycle, it will shave more time off, and after about 3-4 weeks that plant will be able to drain all of the water you can get a 1 gallon pot to hold, in 24-36 hours. At that point, your roots are as strong as they are going to get in that container, and it is time to uppot to one at least 3x as big, to start this process all over again.

Thank you for responding. I believe there still babies at 3 weeks n was transplanted two weeks ago. You answered my question about my 2 gal or 5 gal pot next. So 5 it will be. I guess i thought because the roots are small they needed watering from the top. I kinda get that the roots are growing n spreading now. But definately let the pot dry out no matter how long it takes?

Thank you for responding. I believe there still babies at 3 weeks n was transplanted two weeks ago. You answered my question about my 2 gal or 5 gal pot next. So 5 it will be. I guess i thought because the roots are small they needed watering from the top. I kinda get that the roots are growing n spreading now. But definately let the pot dry out no matter how long it takes?
I will offer a suggestion if I may: Re-read @Emilya ’s watering guides. Then read them again. I’ve done that and I’m currently reading them again. I have actually referred to them before each watering & without fail, I learn something. Everything I need to know about the subject is there. Reading it repeatedly & then applying it helps me retain the information more so than having it explained to me. Relax - as much as you love those girls they’ll be fine.

Awesome, yeah 420 has been extremely helpful so far.
Extremely helpful and I’m experienced! I thought my methods were sound and productive until I came here. 95% of the members here are well above average in all aspects so you will find answers to all questions regarding cannabis. I’m now following your thread and can’t wait to see the progress!! Good luck and before I go, are you referencing literature for the stones or going from your own memory? I would like to learn more of this method!

How long should the veg cycle be? I have a guideline that says 8 weeks then flower for 8 weeks. Is this accurate information?
8 weeks is a decent amount of time to veg a girl. Generally most strains list their flowering times a little light. Meaning you can probably count on at least an extra week in flower from whats listed.
General rule of thumb you girl will double in height when flipped. Then you need space for your light. Use that as a Guage when to flip. No point in growing a 2 foot high girl if she grows into the light once flipped.
Are you doing any training? Lst no problem but some techniques add veg time.
Happy growing friend.
Bill

Training? I would say no because I don't know what to do. Also I asked about veg time because I'm l it so sure they'll be big enough in 4 more weeks
post a pic of how they look now and we can see if there is anything we can do to improve things for you.
Bill

4 weeks tomorrow

IMG_20210415_090341.jpg

Also topping when is that done? Should I concern myself with it on my first grow. Does it make 2 colas?
Topping will make two main branches and can be done at any point in veg cycle.
But it can add veg time. At this point I would do Lst,if I were you.
Get your feet wet manipulating her . Tie her over watch how she grows . Make notes of everything and take pics for your self.
In my thread Gorilla glue, it shows how to top and tie your ladies. Check it .
I just saw your pic ill have a look now.
Bill

4 weeks tomorrow

IMG_20210415_090341.jpg
Ok they are smaller than I thought. But look healthy so thats good.
I'd grow them a bit before I tried lst.
How is your watering technique?
Bill

just happened by and wanted to add.... might be handy to label your pots with the strain names and and and check against your seed order then on the labels write White Widow with a large P for photoperiod or an A for autoflower. You can top on your photos but it’s best to wait until 5 nodes or pairs of branches. Autos can be topped but it’s a pro move - if it’s done wrong then the autos can easily become stunted.

I ditto what Bill said by 500% better off to skip topping altogether and do lst later when they’ve grown bigger. I’m gonna drop InTheSheds lst tutorial down just in case. Prolly the same stuff as in Bills version but I know many are scared shitless to drop some bondage on their crew. Biggest tip I can give is go slow on the bending, bend a little then stop and wait a day, bend a little more, stop and wait a day..... slow and steady wins this race..... here’s link InTheShed LST

My labels are the stones rose quarts pyramid is amnesia auto has a heart stone that you probably can't see in pictures n the green stone is berry white. I read the article on training. I'm very nervous to manipulate my plants as this is my first ever grow. I just feel my plants are still too small.

Back
Top Bottom