Visualize Whirrled Peas: A Perpetual Garden By 013

Wow Krissi, you were up early! Im chronic pain dude so I’m up at the crack of noon. kidding but pumped you got a laugh!!

I’m gonna try, hope yours is bliss…
Man I didn't see this until now!! I'm so sorry I didn't know you had pain issues like that!!! Im up at all hours. Hope today is better for you Henry!

Hey Krissi!!! Ahh no worries. Yeah I‘m sleep deprived but instead of sleep it’s more like passing out from pain and exhaustion. However, I try to count my blessings so any day above ground is a good day….

What is new and improved in your world today??
You too eh? I gotta wait for the exhaustion to out do the pain so I can pass out. If I try to sleep early, a couple min after lying down the pain ramps and I have to get up. Smoke a few, put something boring on the tube, and then go try again.

Yeah sorry about that my friend Rexer, same same….

my routine is fire off a chunk, drop 3 horse tranquilizers and fistful pain meds wash ‘em down with 50/50 motor oil & WD-40, crank Netflix boring show and by morning feel like I’ve been freshly pummeled with baseball bat.…..I’m living the dream……

cover crop dwindled to nothing - 2 days ago added seeds to sprout new cover crop / nitrogen fixer. These particular seeds are blend of plants to benefit the beneficials, insects that is, but noticed last night small dark mites in bottom of empty seed cup.

yup only two weeks after flipping….. guess I just infested the garden with a new critter.

will pull another seed sample and go full CSI on whatever turns up, surveillance with mini microscope hoping to identify the vermin. now if I can get facial recognition working to cannabis pest database I’ll be golden. where’s the geek squad when you have a real problem??

praying existing crew will defend home turf in spite of my colossal screw up, yeah this probably doesn’t end well for me…..

always open for ideas

cover crop dwindled to nothing - 2 days ago added seeds to sprout new cover crop / nitrogen fixer. These particular seeds are blend of plants to benefit the beneficials, insects that is, but noticed last night small dark mites in bottom of empty seed cup.

yup only two weeks after flipping….. guess I just infested the garden with a new critter.

will pull another seed sample and going full CSI on whatever turns up, surveillance on mini microscope hoping to identify this vermin

praying existing crew will defend home turf in spite of my colossal screw up, yeah this probably doesn’t end well for me…..

always open for ideas
Oh no Henry! And sorry just seeing these last posts now!!!

Insomnia train has a lot of passengers here, I am there w you. Most days. Others I sleep from sheer exhaustion.

You and @Rexer Made my heart sad with your last posts...I'm sorry guys...much love and well wishes :green_heart:

mama said there would be days like this - but she didn’t say how many

kidding, well mostly. :p It’s all good and we appreciate you Krissi!! Often repeat this but we never know what peeps around us are facing, we automatically assume they’re living the dream.

same for you, we hope you can counter insomnia & exhaustion, those add up quickly - ya know??

I automatically assume everyone is struggling somehow, in some part of their life. Be it emotional or mental, physical or familial or something just hard for anyone other than them to comprehend. That's why I always try to be positive.

You never know what someone is going through and how one thing, either positive or negative, could make or break their day or their week or who knows...take care of you...you're important to a lot of people.

One thing I've learned battling my own ailments and issues is that somehow, I have to find a way to be better so that I could be better to others.

I really believe in the red string effect and that we all are a part of everyone else's tribulations but also their triumphs.

Anyway...tangent for today...Ammy has a tendency to do that I've noticed-a creative thought envoker...

You and @Rexer and everyone else on this thread try to have the very best day!

I automatically assume everyone is struggling somehow, in some part of their life. Be it emotional or mental, physical or familial or something just hard for anyone other than them to comprehend. That's why I always try to be positive.

You never know what someone is going through and how one thing, either positive or negative, could make or break their day or their week or who knows...take care of you...you're important to a lot of people.

One thing I've learned battling my own ailments and issues is that somehow, I have to find a way to be better so that I could be better to others.

I really believe in the red string effect and that we all are a part of everyone else's tribulations but also their triumphs.

Anyway...tangent for today...Ammy has a tendency to do that I've noticed-a creative thought envoker...

You and @Rexer and everyone else on this thread try to have the very best day!
Thanks Krissie! I hope you have a wonderful day as well, and a great weekend!

will pull another seed sample and go full CSI on whatever turns up, surveillance with mini microscope hoping to identify the vermin. now if I can get facial recognition working to cannabis pest database I’ll be golden. where’s the geek squad when you have a real problem??

always open for ideas
Ok my idea since you asked…

Start again.

Simplify.

1. Totally clean room
2. Spray empty grow area with insect surface spray
3. Wash pots
4. Buy new soil
6. Put drip trays on yellow insect lizard torture pads
7. Plant seed
8. You got this

:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Help me Tra - please just toss a grenade in there and call it a day.….

two 30 gallon fabric pots, Lefty had sunflower plant but now only grass cover crop, Righty has Amy #2 girl. I can’t easily move these plus really want to (scratch that) really need to run Amy out, see how it unfolds. Yes, absolutely - I’ve had problems but this is only 2nd plant to be grown in this soil.

cleaning is fine but jeez louise apparently I need a $30K flow hood to keep some bone-head from pest contaminating his own garden.

these were pristine bags when I filled them, there’s little crusty part near bottom it’s build up of salts from soil deposited on outside of bag, you know the deal…

made 120 gallon batch of new soil, it’s cooked for months charged up with nematodes have 3 plastic bins full left plus part of another so well over 90 gallons on standby

number 5 ran away

check & check on drip trays and yellow stickys. Sticky cards highly effective, put some out other week and they got covered in fungus gnats in 1 day. I have fans on soil line so not much is landing to lay eggs anyway. Think most gnats are trying to find home for winter plus pretty sure scent of wet soil attracts them but between fan, sticky traps & soil predators think we are ahead of the game

10/22 was date of flip so 16 days in, she’s breaking out with budlets. No doubt these new dark mites are an unknown entity but probably counter offer with refresh of predator colonies. Since it’s LOS aiming to avoid chems & sprays, hoping beneficials will take care of business

Can’t get over cover crop seeds having mites on board - in hindsight peroxide bath would have been prudent. Pulled 2 chunks tree bark from beneficial bug nursery that were seeded with and covered in juvenile rove beetles and relocated them around main stem of Amy 2 girl. counting on them to defend that main stem.

fortunately 3 other smaller chicks doing lockdown in tent, gotta have a little something something working on the side. but yes ma’am it’s nearly bean time

Temp 72 rh 44 I’ve got VPD in check for early flower with just 1 dehuey running but as she progress towards mid to late flower and more frequent waterings will defs need to bring the other dehum online.

special note - anyone running dehuey - periodically pour out large sample of dehuey water into a clean white bucket…… found whole squadron of new gnats setting up shop in dehum water - added mosquito bits and oil dormant spray to reservoir

Papa Bear needs flowers for winter hibernation

will get some pics up soon

Help me Tra - please just toss a grenade in there and call it a day.….

two 30 gallon fabric pots, Lefty had sunflower plant but now only grass cover crop, Righty has Amy #2 girl. I can’t easily move these plus really want to (scratch that) really need to run Amy out, see how it unfolds. Yes, absolutely - I’ve had problems but this is only 2nd plant to be grown in this soil.

cleaning is fine but jeez louise apparently I need a $30K flow hood to keep some bone-head from pest contaminating his own garden.

these were pristine bags when I filled them, there’s little crusty part near bottom it’s build up of salts from soil deposited on outside of bag, you know the deal…

made 120 gallon batch of new soil, it’s cooked for months charged up with nematodes have 3 plastic bins full left plus part of another so well over 90 gallons on standby

number 5 ran away

check & check on drip trays and yellow stickys. Sticky cards highly effective, put some out other week and they got covered in fungus gnats in 1 day. I have fans on soil line so not much is landing to lay eggs anyway. Think most gnats are trying to find home for winter plus pretty sure scent of wet soil attracts them but between fan, sticky traps & soil predators think we are ahead of the game

10/22 was date of flip so 16 days in, she’s breaking out with budlets. No doubt these new dark mites are an unknown entity but probably counter offer with refresh of predator colonies. Since it’s LOS aiming to avoid chems & sprays, hoping beneficials will take care of business

Can’t get over cover crop seeds having mites on board - in hindsight peroxide bath would have been prudent. Pulled 2 chunks tree bark from beneficial bug nursery that were seeded with and covered in juvenile rove beetles and relocated them around main stem of Amy 2 girl. counting on them to defend that main stem.

fortunately 3 other smaller chicks doing lockdown in tent, gotta have a little something something working on the side. but yes ma’am it’s nearly bean time

Temp 72 rh 44 I’ve got VPD in check for early flower with just 1 dehuey running but as she progress towards mid to late flower and more frequent waterings will defs need to bring the other dehum online.

special note - anyone running dehuey - periodically pour out large sample of dehuey water into a clean white bucket…… found whole squadron of new gnats setting up shop in dehum water - added mosquito bits and oil dormant spray to reservoir

Papa Bear needs flowers for winter hibernation

will get some pics up soon
Good morning :)

I just wonder if you have too much going on, know what I mean? Like the extra sunflowers and grass and so on. My grows are based on simplicity. Granted I make them complicated when I drop pots, cut off hands, forget to turn the lights off, forget to bring them in at night etc. But the core of my grow is clean plant pot, good fresh never used dirt, seed, Tega Brop *taps nose* and water.

I never have water in my trays indoors. An expert told me once plants don’t like wet feet (that was you btw). I clean my grow area every week without fail. I spray surface spray while plants are out and I use a nursery grade neem oil spray as a prophylactic while plants are in Veg and give them a nit waterboarding if I see those speckles on leaves. Merrie Bee got her first waterboard and nit spray yesterday. I’m almost scared to see her today coz she’s so small and I hope the spray wasn’t too much.

I empty my humidifier every single day without fail when in use. Even if there is only an inch of water in it.

Anyway that’s my advice :) I look forward to seeing your pics.

so true, you make good sense. Always too many irons in the fire. a domesticated guy might be ok knitting socks but a red blooded dudes gotta stay busy and fix shit or break shit. Seems my drive by gardening scheme is not even a little bit optimum but I’m confident we will get there.… when you ask?? now well that’s a whole different matter!!! ….. as he shakes head profusely

sunflower was volunteer that sprang up in bird seed cover crop, kept it for fun but mostly because didn‘t have another weed plant large enough to justify using lefty and wasn’t sure if wanted to risk another purchased bean anyway.

chicks are elevated above drip trays so there’s no wet feet unless I go captain serial overwater. honestly it’s first time I’ve ran dehuey in forever, switched the valve from collecting in onboard tank so it drains thru shorty garden hose into a 5 gallon bucket, it was black bucket so you couldn’t see gnats anyway guessing it must have set out for day or 2 but it was simple enough to nuke them. Switched to white bucket & after I dump it add few drops oil dormant to keep them at bay

gotta pair of dehueys that’s like 20 years old and one isn’t working right so deheuy upgrade moves to front of line for garden expenses

It’s imperative for me to keep moving so i’m not always gonna be at garden site but do have help when needed, that said I’m kinda halfway keeping it together.….

as usual tho you are 175% correct, yes ma’am Tra I do need to simply and clean

Safer Insect killing soap spray. Potassium salts of fatty acids and OMRI listed. Spray it on at lights out, rinse it off at lights off 24 hours later. It will kill the beneficials but they're not doing you any good anyway. If it could get this plant to harvest it will certainly fix yours!
Thanks Shed, I’ve got an unopened bottle of Safers concentrate

You know funny thing is beneficial population has ebbed and flowed several times, but since the cover crop dwindled out been it’s on a noticeable decline anyway. Will tickle Amy’s undercarriage and topside with a great coating of Safers tonight and rinse it Wednesday night.

Just confirming Safers won’t damaged pistils - correct? Think I fried some with Neem one time but that was like 2nd grow

Thanks Shed,

sprayed Safers soap Tuesday pm at lights out, did combo fan & dehuey dry overnight
rinsed off residual Safers soap Wednesday night - same as above.

didn’t really want to spray and I know it’s not harsh just bit of salts in carrier oil but it’s probably what’s REALLY needed to finish this Amy 2 chick out. So thanks for that!

Thanks Miss Trala,

operation clean sweep, hosed down surfaces & mopped, now to tame that shelf that’s gotten out of hand.

Back
Top Bottom