Volcano: how do you vape it?

Yeay - today I'll try the slow cooker. Just need to find some coconut oil, they were out yesterday. I got one with auto stir function, that has to be good when making the oil I reckon.
And yes, Piña, I'm thinking about those heavy winter stews, too. Haha, when I was grocery shopping yesterday I couldn't stop thinking about what I could put in my pot. :)

Anyone have any good ideas on what to turn 600 grams of bad buds into? I'd like something concentrated to put in the volcano. I have bubble bags, but I rather make something else - preferably stronger.

Yeay - today I'll try the slow cooker. Just need to find some coconut oil, they were out yesterday. I got one with auto stir function, that has to be good when making the oil I reckon.
And yes, Piña, I'm thinking about those heavy winter stews, too. Haha, when I was grocery shopping yesterday I couldn't stop thinking about what I could put in my pot. :)

Anyone have any good ideas on what to turn 600 grams of bad buds into? I'd like something concentrated to put in the volcano. I have bubble bags, but I rather make something else - preferably stronger.

High :) glad to hear you bought a crock pot/slow cooker. The last batch of weed i bought was just OK to smoke but turning it into butter was the best thing to do.. for me anyway.. have you tried pressing it?? I'm more old school and went through a phase of trying dabs etc but soon got bored of it. I made a small (60ml)batch of coconut oil with a half an ounce of solid hash in the slow cooker yesterday, I'll make around 80-100 size '00' caps and micro medicate during my working day.. I find it keeps me mellow and I don't have an urge to smoke a joint during my working day.

Attachments

• 20181014_120524.jpg
    20181014_120524.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 169
  • 20181014_120550.jpg
    20181014_120550.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 172
  • 20181014_120647.jpg
    20181014_120647.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 164
No, I haven't tried pressing. Pressing as in Rosin?

Caps sound like a good idea, and those size 00 seem alright in size, about 2 cm. Half an ounce in 60 ml must be strong. Hash is great to make oil of, it just melts...it's harder to make it potent with weed.

Yes, I love Amazon Prime - usually very quick!
The manual says to use Keep warm for a maximum of 4 hrs, so I thought Low was the only option.
I didn’t have a jar, so it went straight in the pot. With the amount of AVB I used, it would be hard to put in a jar. I was a bit unsure about this, worried about the jar exploding for one thing. You keep the lid on the jar on, right? Could it not explode?
The temp on low is lower than when I’ve made oil/butter on the stove top, so I hope it’ll be ok. It is just barely bubbling.

I just realized I forgot to get Lecithin. Can I just add some later when I get some?

Hey Nick now I'm not at work, or on my phone, I can see your posts better.

That's a real crock-pot, nice. Is that a digital temp gauge? and it stirs for you!!! How are you going to justifie a sneaky taste of whatever your making?

I should think the keep warm 4 hr limit is for food. Chicken kept warm for 4+hrs isn't going to be good for you. If lows working and your keeping an eye should be good.

I use my slow cooker as a water bath with a Mason jar in it, and shake the jar when I think of it. The jar might need burping a couple of times. I think mason jars are good with wet heat (not in the oven). You need to boil sealed when canning with them anyway, as far as I know. I've never had any problems.

Think you should be able to add the Lecithin whenever you get it.

:Namaste:

No, it's just a digital timer, no fancy temperatures here.

Haha, I don't know how to justify sneak tastes now. The crock pot manual praises the auto stirrer, since you don't have to open the lid to stir. Opening the lid lowers the temp which will make an ideal cooking time change, and this might "totally ruin the food" ;). So unfortunately, no sneaky tastes for me anymore...

I believe you're right about the keeping warm setting. Some other reason wouldn't make sense...
But there is no timer setting for Keep warm.

Well, the oil made of AVB didn't taste much different to oils I've made with weed or hash - but it still tastes horribly! The last bottle I made with hash was left half full until I threw it out, and this tastes the same. I can hardly keep it down, and it'll get worse for every dose I take.

I take the oil on table spoons. I think I need to make caps if I'm not going to throw up eventually... @First Time , do I need to get special capsules for oils? I thought they might dissolve or something...
Do you use a syringe to fill them?

Attachments

• IMG_2545.jpg
    IMG_2545.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 170
Nick sorry you don't like your oil. I honestly like the taste of mine. Have you tried mixing it in a drink? I like it in coffee, Mrs Delores prefers hot chocolate. You need to stir it up whilst drinking.

Not sure if I'd like the oil straight off a teaspoon, although I'm sure it's got to be better than some of the shroom teas from my youth. :rolleyes:

You could also cook with it.

Sounds like you just need to disguise the taste some how.

:Namaste:

P.S Mrs Delores has just suggested something like carrot cake that uses oil in the recipe. Just swap out like for like.

Thank you for your suggestions, and send my thanks to the missus as well. I have tried baking with oils/butter. But I'm not much of a cake eater, especially not in the morning.
This year I made brownies and brought to the MotoGP race in Jerez. My friend didn't want any, and I had to eat the whole cake myself in 2 days. But my favourites so far are the Swedish Havrebollar. No cooking needed.
havrebollar.jpg

I just tried 3 table spoons of oil in a double espresso - awesome! The strong coffee flavour killed the nausea I previously got when taking the oil as is. Thanks Piña!

Pleased you like it. Sounds like your going to have a chilled Friday.

Those Swedish chocolate balls look great. The Mrs makes the sweet stuff round here, I'll get her to look them up.

I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but sure I could force them down.

Thinking about it I should make some infused olive oil. Tomatoe, garlic and "special" olive oil on toast, Spanish style might work.

Haha, yes, my double espresso is starting to kick in. :)
I got some lecithin today that I'll add to the oil. Will see if I can notice any difference.

Yes, the chocolate balls are very popular in Sweden. They work really well taste wise with the canna butter. I'd be happy to help you find a good recipe and translate it to English for you if needed. If you keep them refrigerated, they'll last for a couple of weeks - but that is very unlikely...

Hehe, your olive oil toasts sound good. I tried making olive oil once, but that was worse than the coco oil to be taking by the spoonfuls.

I couldn't resist, and had to get some stuff to make normal food in my crock pot today. I got ingredients for a chilli con carne and a chicken stew. Unfortunately I was too slow when shopping (probably the coco oil's fault...) and don't have time for a slow cook today, but tomorrow I'll try it.

Good on ya, Piña!

Yes, it was definitely worth making the oil. I have 4 tablespoons in my coffee almost daily. I have absolutely no problems with the taste now. Hehe, I think I've vaped enough for another batch soon. However, my oil is not very strong. It might be over-decarboxylated. Next time I'll try the keep warm setting instead. If the AVB is decarboxylated already, no heat should be necessary, but I don't know what the decarb status is on the AVB.
And I've also tried the crock pot for a chili, and can't wait for my next attempt with the pot. It's awesome - I love the pot!

I have revised my vape temps a bit. I now usually do:
188 (180 made the first balloon too weak)
Stir and 230
If loaded a bit heavy, I add a balloon at 210 and fill 5 balloons in total.

How's cooking going, Piña?
My slow cooker is going at the moment, but with thai curry today.

Sounds tasty. It's getting cold enough for a rabbit stew I reckon, so keep hinting. I've seen the rabbits in the shops but I'm not brave enough to try to cook one.

Bud washing went great and The buds feel and look really good after the wash. I'll definitely wash the rest of the plant next week. After my vinegar treatments I wouldn't want to consume it unwashed. Before I knew about washing, I had another plant that I sprayed with milk, and I can smell and taste the sour milk on my buds... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom