Volcano: long time to fill balloon/bag, fan or switch problem?

Absolutely, next time your at the grocery store just grab a few extra bags soo they don’t get holes in them, you don’t get the satisfaction of watching the smoke in the bag, but if your just looking to use your volcano it gets you by till you buy bags.. have a buddy that doesn’t like using big bags cause he feels the smoke gets stale but still likes to watch the smoke soo he uses the bigger sized freezer bags and said they’re pretty durable

Hello...Just stumbled across this thread,:thumb: long time volcano user here, more dabs now but if I smoke pot it’s usually in the digit. I use easy valves and re build them to swap out the bags, with a press and flat head screwdriver it’s easy to replace the bags, I have a solid valve but I prefer the easy valve. I’ve had heat issues before, and was resolved a couple years ago, never had a fan issue yet. I had ordered a new element from them and repaired all has been fine since, maybe a year ago had some power flickering issues was a relay on the back melted because of my heat sheield on the element being somewhat destroyed from the repair, that’s why the case stays off now, just too keep her more cool, anyway a small wire to bypass the relay solved the problem for me so far.

Cheers
DA90052D-E8DF-44BC-A144-22C1A275D3B2.jpeg

Disassembled easy valve
69728CA2-8624-411B-8C55-66AC22772784.jpeg

Small flathead to pop the ring out then need a press/vise or something to get back in (big channel lock or something similar may work)
77E0F06A-19A0-4F97-8F9A-37EB675131D9.jpeg

The problem relay below resolved by a simple jumper wire
27F9DD8A-BDDB-4543-A50B-7F20BD618E4E.jpeg

I grind my flower in a coffee grinder and always vape on max heat

And the tool box, always try to save vape leftovers for cooking, and re use all the screens/washers I can as they are crazy expensive here, 5 screens and washers is $29 bucks as you can see on that little volcano bag if you zoom in.
image.jpg

:volcano-smiley: Cheers
Stu

Hi Stu!
Haha, that's a well used Volcano, alright. Very interesting to see the inside of your Volcano.
Good to know the balloons can be swapped on the easy valves. I just got an easy valve starter pack last week. My solid valve is giving in, and I was going to order a new solid valve. It seems they've stopped selling them because I could only find easy valves on their web site, so I got the easy valve instead, and I am glad I did. The easy valve is way better than the solid valve. It is easier to handle in all aspects, and I reckon it well deserves its name. It's way lighter in the hand as well.
The easy valve starter kit had 4 balloons with normal mouth pieces and 1 balloon with mouth piece and adapter for changing balloons. That's awesome! The balloon with the adapter I'll use all the time myself, and when I have visitors there are 4 extra balloons for them - sweet! 4 balloons to be shared by visitors will last for a long times, and I've already got several packs of balloons that I'd ordered for my solid valve. I'm set for years of happy easy valve enjoyment as long as nothing breaks...

I have gone down in temp settings. I use my Volcano from morning until night every day, and if I'd go full temp all the time, it would have me cough my lungs out. My lungs are recovering from smoking too many joints in the past.
I start on 160 C, and then increase 5 degrees for each balloon, usually up to 200 C or thereabouts. When the vape starts to get light, I finish off at 227 C. Depending on vape richness, this could be one or more balloons at 227 C.
The reason I start at 160 C is because THC cannabinoid evaporates at 157 C, and the reason I finish at 227 C and not the maximum setting of 230 C is I read somewhere that above 227 C the vape was starting to get bad due to something I don't remember at the moment. Something bad for the lungs... it's near the combustion temperature.
Of course this is all depending on herb quality and quantity you put in there. If I use herb of less quality I make increments of 7 C or 10 C instead, and I won't get as many balloons out of one filling.

Hi Stu!
Haha, that's a well used Volcano, alright. Very interesting to see the inside of your Volcano.
Good to know the balloons can be swapped on the easy valves. I just got an easy valve starter pack last week. My solid valve is giving in, and I was going to order a new solid valve. It seems they've stopped selling them because I could only find easy valves on their web site, so I got the easy valve instead, and I am glad I did. The easy valve is way better than the solid valve. It is easier to handle in all aspects, and I reckon it well deserves its name. It's way lighter in the hand as well.
The easy valve starter kit had 4 balloons with normal mouth pieces and 1 balloon with mouth piece and adapter for changing balloons. That's awesome! The balloon with the adapter I'll use all the time myself, and when I have visitors there are 4 extra balloons for them - sweet! 4 balloons to be shared by visitors will last for a long times, and I've already got several packs of balloons that I'd ordered for my solid valve. I'm set for years of happy easy valve enjoyment as long as nothing breaks...

I have gone down in temp settings. I use my Volcano from morning until night every day, and if I'd go full temp all the time, it would have me cough my lungs out. My lungs are recovering from smoking too many joints in the past.
I start on 160 C, and then increase 5 degrees for each balloon, usually up to 200 C or thereabouts. When the vape starts to get light, I finish off at 227 C. Depending on vape richness, this could be one or more balloons at 227 C.
The reason I start at 160 C is because THC cannabinoid evaporates at 157 C, and the reason I finish at 227 C and not the maximum setting of 230 C is I read somewhere that above 227 C the vape was starting to get bad due to something I don't remember at the moment. Something bad for the lungs... it's near the combustion temperature.
Of course this is all depending on herb quality and quantity you put in there. If I use herb of less quality I make increments of 7 C or 10 C instead, and I won't get as many balloons out of one filling.

Some interesting stuff there, I don’t think I’ve ever filled a bag at 160, but I will have to try just to see now! I usually fill the bag twice but that’s all, and that’s all there is probably as I use max temp always lol, but I like a strong hoot so that’s where I’ve gotten used to using it, yep I cough sometimes, but not Like a bong or glass pipe. I’m a smoker so I try not to smoke joints i put enough crap in my lungs. Yeah my poor old girl has been a great unit to me, I hope to get many more years from her. I use a N02 vape for travels, bout the size of an old glass coke bottle and has lithium ion battery will last me a day or two, have a cigarette plug charger for it also, it lives in my truck.
And I agree I bought the solid valve with my unit and within weeks I was in buying the easy valve, I found the other one to be to heavy to hold for solo use and just to big all round.
For the easy valve just pop the clear ring out, be sure to mentally note which way it sits in there, if it’s backwards it won’t seal in, but will still press in all the way, take the black rubber washer out remove bag (save for cooking wings in the oven in, I let my bags get good and sticky and yellow before I swap) and cut new bag off the roll to perfered length, loop the bag around the clear lock washer then black rubber washer then snap back into place and bam new bag, super easy, takes me 3-4 mins to do now. I’ve cracked a couple of the orange parts in the vise with stubborn bags but they still function just fine.

image.jpg

That’s my beat up n02, great little vape had it for years
image.jpg

image.jpg

And lastly my skunk pen I use in movie theatres and those types of places when I just need to sneak a quick dab, it’s relatively oderless with shatter and fits ina dress shirt pocket nicely, and has a hoot counter which is a fun feature, kinda hard to see as the camera doesn’t like the led’s but has a counter and battery display
image.jpg

Enjoy your Sunday guys! I’m glad I found this sub section of the forum

Cheers Stu :passitleft:

@Stu , I quoted your post in my thread, volcano - how do you vape it. I thought it went well there.

Vaping the first balloon at 160 will give you almost clear vape that tastes beautifully. The following balloons will be richer.

While that was interesting, at 162 C it tastes very nice and reminded me of my very first butane vaperiozer, the clear bag is not normal to me, mine are usually yellow and thick, okay second bag at 200 again very nice taste and quite smooth still, not quite strong enough of a vapir for me yet, third bag on to max at 230, I added a little fresh stuff for this bag and yep max power is what I like lol
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom