Volcom's World of PC Grow (First PC Grow)

volcoM

Hello Everyone in the :420: =]

This is my first ever , PC Grow normally I would have a tent , BUT work is slow during summer for me . I work/paint Private Yachts for a living , and we all know paint and winter is a no no ^_^ so I will doing a personal grow , due to my back pain for getting hurt on the job .

First of all lets get to the info shall we . =]

What strain is it? Grass-o-matic AK Feminized- Auto Flower

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Ruderalis, Mostly indica

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg stage day

If in Veg... For how long? 7 days now , started Jan 5th 2011

If in Flower stage... For how long? not yet

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor PC Grow

Soil or Hydro? Soil

If soil... what is in your mix? 100 %Organic Mix

If soil... What size pot? 6 inch clay pot

Size of light? 2 6500k CFL's for Veg , and 2700k for Flower

Is it aircooled? Its ventilated yes lol

Temp of Room/cab? low of 70f and high of 79

RH of Room/cab? low of 29% and high of 35%

PH of media or res? No PH tester yet , going to store today .

Any Pests ? None so far =]

How often are you watering? When soil feels dry enough

Type and strength of ferts used? None untill flower . =] and still have not decided on what nutes to use at this time either.

---------------

Now time for some pictures , THOUGH I didnt take pictures of me germinating them , I used regular tap water and a cup method to crack my seeds =] also the first couple pictures are within the first week , this is not including the extra couple days , and will repost with a update of TODAY , just trying to catch you up the past week then you will be fully updated =]]]]

Here is the seeds that I got with a free White Domina UFO freebie
rsz_imag0040.jpg

This is day 1 of my AK47 coming out the ground , notice on my info that i said my humidity was low , I will explain later on =]
rsz_day2.jpg
rsz_day1.jpg
day_113.jpg

Okay so today is Jan 14th 2011 , Now the past 2 days due to the cold I have notice that my humidity has gone down alot because its went from 31%-44% the first 5 days , and as of 2 days ago its has dropped from that to 24-34% for the High/Low...I currently have a cup of water under that lights to increase the RH a little more so hopefully in a couple days , that will be fixed :D

Okay now this is TODAYS UPDATE , its been only 14 hours and no real increase of the RH yet...here are some pictures as of Today Jan 14th 2011

rsz_day_7_2_.jpg
rsz_day_7.jpg
rsz_day_7_1_.jpg

Well that's all I have for today , any advice would be wonderful ! or just stop in and say hello ^_^ If anyone could help me find a way to increase my RH besides a cup of hot water let me know please !!! And thank you for checking out my First New PC Grow Journal !!! Hope to hear from you guys ! I'll be updating every 2-3 days and posting 24/7 =] Questions ? or anything please let me know =] Thank you everyone !

-volcoM

Re: volcoM's world of PC Grow(First PC Grow) ^_^

Looking good dude:)
I will be following this one,as I cant seem to leave PC's alone,haha
Do u have a pic of the inside of the PC,so we can see how u setup everything?
Either way looking good,that grass-o-matic strain is one of a couple auto flowers I am looking at right now,there is getting to be lots of new ones coming out recently!
Hey how much was that "ACURITE" temp/humidity thingy?? I want one:)

As a matter of fact j4s2u0 I seen u just replied so I had to show you =]
All I have so far is (1) 120 MM fan for intake and (1) 80mm fan for outake . But I am using 2 28watt CFL's which keep my room between 70-80 no matter what , real basic setup , oh and lol the Thermometer that cost me on $5.68 at walmart homie ^_^ best thing in life 1 AA battery and your grade :D Dude this will be my first auto flower so I'm sure we can both help each other out on the PC's fa sho !!!! I was also looking at the Smurfberry , and La Diva off Attitude. Its on page 3 once you click on the Auto Flower section , but that stuff looks mmmm yummy haha , hope I helped ya out !!! ill be keepin my eyes on yours too now !!! so i wanna hear updates also ! peace bro !
-volcoM

rsz_tonight_2_.jpg
rsz_tonight_3_.jpg
rsz_tonight_1_.jpg
rsz_tonight.jpg

That was fast! Shit,lol...:p
Setup looks nice,what are u using for the reflective stuff on the walls?
Are u using fem seeds? I have a good feeling about this grow already:)
Once the plant/plants get bigger u can add more cfls for more light ect and I think you will be fine! Looking good man,
And wow only 5-6 bucks for that thermom,thats cheap...I like that its digital and small,and tells me both things I need to know...alright Im sold:):tokin:

should I raise her closer I was thinking about that last night , becuz there has been alot of growth so Imma do that right now how close do you think I should get ? 4-6 inchs?? Thanks for bringing that up HighandWired so much ! I'm prolly gonna grab some books once the lights kick in , OH BTW there on a 20/4 light cycle . forgot to put that into the info >.< lol well when the lights kick on today Ill be rasing them up and give ya a little pic quick update :D which will be around noonish . Thanks for stopin by !!!!

looking good man im taking a seat :popcorn:

1 question tho what reflective material are u using? :)

should I raise her closer I was thinking about that last night , becuz there has been alot of growth so Imma do that right now how close do you think I should get ? 4-6 inchs?? Thanks for bringing that up HighandWired so much ! I'm prolly gonna grab some books once the lights kick in , OH BTW there on a 20/4 light cycle . forgot to put that into the info >.< lol well when the lights kick on today Ill be rasing them up and give ya a little pic quick update :D which will be around noonish . Thanks for stopin by !!!!

With a CFL you should get as close as possible without frying her or having her grow into (and touch) the light. Just leave a little bit of room for her to grow and she'll be happy. I keep mine about 3-4 inches away (can't put them any closer because then I have heat issues). Just keep the sensor for your thermometer right beside her and monitor the temp closely.

with cfl's the closer the better :)

Why Thank you smokey ! I just raised her up and she is 4 inchs away from the lights now =] OOOOO and sorry I was baked last night :D The reflective stuff is Actually (your gonna laugh) Mylar from walmart for the front windshield of the car ^_^ I bought 2 of them small ones for $3 dollars a piece :tokin: And thank you for letting me know to big my baby closer ! No wonder I wasn't having any good growth going on at all !!! I shall update tomorrow or the next day and see what happens :D Thanks for the help everyone !!!!

-volcoM

With a CFL you should get as close as possible without frying her or having her grow into (and touch) the light. Just leave a little bit of room for her to grow and she'll be happy. I keep mine about 3-4 inches away (can't put them any closer because then I have heat issues). Just keep the sensor for your thermometer right beside her and monitor the temp closely.

Thank you soooo much Wired :D I just put the thermom near the top with my baby ! I have her 4 inchs right now away cause I could feel the heat right about perfect at 4 inchs . So hopefully tomorrow or the next day we shall have some good growth ! Thanks again you guys !!! =]

-volcoM

The first few days you won't get much growth. What your lady is doing is developing her root system. When that is done, the growth will just explode. You bring the plant closer to the light to prevent stretching. You should also consider LSTing her too, because you are growing her in such a small space.

Sounds good man:)
Thats why I like cfl's so much,cause there cheap as hell...and u can get them realy close without worrying about burning them ect...
Seedlings do good with around 3-4" from the lights,but once they get bigger/older u can continue to move them closer ect,right now my girls are withen an inch from the bulbs...
I think it has more to do with positioning the plants perfectly so u get the best coverage...I never let my plant sit in the same spot "cause they would always get the same light path ect"....but just be turning the container around 180 degrees,the other sides of the plant gets what it wasent before,Im still playing with this...not much room in a PC,haha:)

Sounds good man:)
Thats why I like cfl's so much,cause there cheap as hell...and u can get them realy close without worrying about burning them ect...
Seedlings do good with around 3-4" from the lights,but once they get bigger/older u can continue to move them closer ect,right now my girls are withen an inch from the bulbs...
I think it has more to do with positioning the plants perfectly so u get the best coverage...I never let my plant sit in the same spot "cause they would always get the same light path ect"....but just be turning the container around 180 degrees,the other sides of the plant gets what it wasent before,Im still playing with this...not much room in a PC,haha:)

I love how cheap it is , everything I have cost under 80 bucks plus I build my own computers and do web design n programming so I have plently of towers :D Here is a little pic so u can see I just stack her on up lol
IMAG00453.jpg

Hey guys ! Today is the 13th day of my grow for my little AK girl :D
No new growth or anything BUT I did manage to fix my humidity and its now back to 30-40% all around =] Also today I am going to buy my little girl some veg nutes , and see if thats the reason why I havent been getting any growth...=[

Should I be giving my auto flowers nutes at all ? Im not to sure since this is my first auto flower , BUT any advice would be grateful ! She has been the same height in the upper pictures ^^ since 3 days after germ . Any one got any tips ? I have only been giving my baby just regular room temp tap water ...should I be doing anything different ?

I would suggest for you not to add any nutes for the first 2-3 weeks. Your soil should have enough nutrients for the first few weeks of the plant's life.

Thanks for the tip Hemprocket ! I just dont understand like its still only a inch tall and no new set of leafs or anything yet...i'm kinda worried cause its organic soil , and its still exactly the same as above , and its been about 11 already =\ Idk maybe im just over reacting ??? But im praying for the best ! Just worried...=[

Back
Top Bottom