Volksball's Critically Purple Ride On The Red Dragon, 2020

Yes. Yes it will. Even more support when it's heavy.

Thank god for my wife's nimble fingers. Best it'll be for now. Got the sides propped, so there is no visible crack. Tape mostly to bandage the wound and keep out the the keep outs.

20210119_215531.jpg

Good morning...

The plants seem to be moving along fairly well. The one injured one shows no signs of stress or fallout from the earlier mishap. Fingers crossed.

One of the red dragons showed me this today. Only on a couple leaves, around mid-growth (one lower fan looks not as bad, but possibly something) in total, three leaves. Some red stems, but not on the entire plant. Temps drop to 21c at night, so maybe the cold is temps causing the red? Phosphorus def?

Thanks,
V

20210121_072555.jpg

20210121_072602.jpg

20210121_072540.jpg

Just found this in Justin's thread, so it's not an uncommon issue:
That’s the stuff. As soon as I see it I back off any K supplements, sometimes back off the MC a bit, and throw in some CalMag. 2-3 waterings and that funky leaf growth/spots should stop. I thought for a long time it was a pH issue, but most times it’s been this same problem.

That’s the stuff. As soon as I see it I back off any K supplements, sometimes back off the MC a bit, and throw in some CalMag. 2-3 waterings and that funky leaf growth/spots should stop. I thought for a long time it was a pH issue, but most times it’s been this same problem.
Thanks for chiming in, Justin. I was thinking the same thing- Maybe CalMg on a good emergency feed with runoff to stop the spread, then track the issue. It all seems to be in the lower growth, so hopefully nothing that can't be caught before it gets worse.

Let's see what happens!

A lot of the early adopters of MC took a more is more approach and started seeing all kinds of deficiencies as they increased the feeding...so they moved higher! Turns out to be lockout a lot of the time at high feedings.

I'm feeding my flip-day 53 plants 4.5g/gallon, and they rebelled when I multiplied wrong and fed them 5g!
Yeah, so far only one whiny plant. Lets see how she reacts. Full feed day is Monday-ish, so any continued issue will have a feed come quick in response.

Better now than in flower!

Thanks again.

A lot of the early adopters of MC took a more is more approach and started seeing all kinds of deficiencies as they increased the feeding...so they moved higher! Turns out to be lockout a lot of the time at high feedings.

I'm feeding my flip-day 53 plants 4.5g/gallon, and they rebelled when I multiplied wrong and fed them 5g!
My Wedding Cake convinced me that I rarely need to go over 5g/G, and that the extras should be used sparingly too. I tried the more is more and it never fixed the problem, you're definitely right about that.

Hey all,

Happy to report that after 48 hours, the spread of the necrosis has been limited to the originally affected leaves and no worse for them. I'd say the team effort caught the issue and stomped it out, for now.

For record, I kept it at 6g/gal with 8ml of CalMg. Changing one variable at a time helps to see what's actually making a difference. pH'd to 6.4.

If I see it return in the same plant, I'll consider pulling back the dosage of MC over adding more CalMg.

Side note: the plant that snapped has shown no ill effects and if anything, is growing too fast and tall.

Thanks again, everyone.
Day 66
V

20210123_194928.jpg

20210123_194838.jpg

With or without nitrogen? What's the max dose according the manufacturer.
2% N, which with the 6g could be lots. We shall see. She seems to very reacting nicely - already seems more robust, but these things don't usually show up in 48 hours.

The recommended dose is 8ml/gal for the life of the plant.

Back
Top Bottom