Volksball's Second Waltz With The White Widow, 2019

If your buds are all below 50% in the jars, then I've been taught that the bacteria responsible for curing are dead and don't repopulate when the moisture is added back.

I'm not sure a B62 has enough in it to bring the RH back from that low, but leave them jarred while you're gone and see where they are when you return. I don't see how burping will help at this point though.

I thought you were doing low and slow from the beginning. I don't think it works if the buds start at 62% after hanging, which is how your buds got too dry so quickly.
My last grow the tent was at 62% until I took them down. I put them directly into jars and burped three times daily. They started well over 70% once they hit the jars, even with the hang dry being at 62, then through burping and humidipacks, the jars came down to 62%.

I really did nothing different from the last grow.

If your buds are all below 50% in the jars, then I've been taught that the bacteria responsible for curing are dead and don't repopulate when the moisture is added back.

I'm not sure a B62 has enough in it to bring the RH back from that low, but leave them jarred while you're gone and see where they are when you return. I don't see how burping will help at this point though.
Yeah, wasnt going to plan on burping. Was just going to leave them and hope for the best.

Not all were below 50. Likely most above, but a few below. I have no clue when it all got so dry. Maybe a faulty hygrometer. Doubt it though.

Fridges suck moisture out of whatever is in them. When we put out buds in they're probably around 80-90% RH and that includes water deep inside the flowers. Once they're down to 68-70% we take them out and burp them down to 62. Starting at 62 changes the entire calculation, and those would normally just go directly into jars.
Ok thanks. Well, the hope here is that while most likely were into the 50s and dried too fast, most will cure fine, likely not best, but what can one do at this point? In the end, I'll have good bud and alot of it to smoke. It might not be AAAA, but I'll be stoned and happy.

I should have done a jar test yesterday to see where we were before bagging. Live and learn.

I'm sure it's gonna be great weed! The best thing is you haven't changed the THC content at all :thumb:.
Then that's all I need. If I wanted taste first, I'd smoke oil popcorn lung vapes that tasted like birthday cake and smoke it really fast for a head rush. I'll take my kinda fast dried bud and get belted instead, I think.

Do a search on Zon for RAW Terra Cotta stones. You moisten the stone and place your overdried herb in there. It'll bring the moisture back but won't do anything more than that.

1584215075071.png

I tend to use lettuce or celery as it's more neutral on the taste. I can see lemon being attactive to someone who has a yard full of lemon trees though.
I'll see where the Bovedas take them by the morning. Any idea what 2 humidipacks can do? Or is that overkill?

So based on where we are in this grow, whT can I expect? Shed, you say maintained THC levels, but besides that? Harsh smoke? Shitty taste? I mean, they weren't dry as a bone, but drier than I'd have liked by this point, of course. Some more than others.

I think it will taste a little greener than you might be used to. I'd still get them back to 62% and give them some time no matter what. If any bacteria made it through they will get to work chewing through the chlorophyll and mellowing the smoke.
Ah sure. Keeping hope alive in that regard. And no burping, of course. We're trying.to preserve humidity, correct?

No need to burp now. I would open them up a week after getting them back to 62% just to air them out and see how they smell.
Done. Were gone for a week, so that fits. Thanks gents.

Back
Top Bottom