Volksgarden Grow Attempt #2

Yes but the problem that I am seeing is that in some of the cubes the stems seem to be turning black right at the base. Is this a salt build up or something like that? Without a strong stem the entire thing has the chance of breaking off.

Congrats on getting your machine to put out some buds!! I'm glad you got it figured out, and the buds look very nice. Not to sure what the black or darker stalk is from? Is it still solid just darker, or is it getting mushy and dying? Pic would help diagnose the problem.

Ok so here is the latest update. Almost all of the plants survived this time. Silica and C02 are a must in this machine because the plants are constantly moving. They have to have a strong base or they will fall over. So I can honestly say that this machine does work, but it takes some time to understand how it works. It is DEFINITELY not for beginners.

Almost the entire plant is one big nug with no spacing. Absolutely beautiful.

IMG_20131018_194642_663.jpg

IMG_20131018_194635_017.jpg

Holy sh#t DUDE!
Ok so here is the latest update. Almost all of the plants survived this time. Silica and C02 are a must in this machine because the plants are constantly moving. They have to have a strong base or they will fall over. So I can honestly say that this machine does work, but it takes some time to understand how it works. It is DEFINITELY not for beginners.

Almost the entire plant is one big nug with no spacing. Absolutely beautiful.

IMG_20131018_194642_663.jpg

IMG_20131018_194635_017.jpg

:dreamy:
Look at that thing!!
daaaaamn!
Now just fill the whole machine with buds like that, and you'll be laughin!
:thumb:

yes that is what I plan on doing. The machine can theoretically hold 80 plants. But I do not think the little motor would be able to turn the wheel after a feeding with that many plants. What I want to do next is get 60 good clones in there of the same strain (Grape God) and see if I can get the same results.

Subscribed, that is the coolest damn machine ever, +reps for getting it to produce. If it was me I would remove the plastic from one or two of those cubes, like the guys were saying, at least to see what results you may get.

Hi, I live in France(sorry i'm not used to speek english) and have a VolksGarden. To fill it up I have 12 motherplants(Dinafem:Moby Dick) under two 250w eco lamps. I cut a hundred clones and when they are ready I take 64 best clones and put them in the VG. I let them grow 15 days and then put them in flowering stage. I use Canna nutrients and a 600W hps lamp. With 64 plants I get 350grams of top quality buds, but i think I could have better results( I read about a man that has 1,5 pound harvests). I have only done it twice and i started my third atemps one week ago. the first time I let them grow to much, they where to close to the light and burned. I would like to put 80 clones in the VG but it's not easy for me to make more than 100 clones at a time and this is not enough to have 80 healthy clones.

Well I just started up my 3rd run on this machine. And I think I know what you are referring to when you say you saw another person getting pounds from this machine. The problem is that when the plants are that big you would have to set up a Scrog. If not the plants would be so heavy the stem may crack under it's own weight. They are only in 3 inch rockwool cubes.

Do you have the machine in a closed tent? I have mine in a 5X5 tent and they are getting C02 for about 15 minutes at a very low flow rate about 8 times a day. With the machine being in a tent you can get a lot more CO2 to the plants. That will increase your yield.

Also, I did read that Sativa plants do tend to yield more end-mass. But I do not suggest growing Sativas in this machine as they would grow too high and touch the light.

Does any of that help?

Do either of you have a journal running? I'd love to follow along and am sure I'm not the non one. I've always loved the tech of the Volks and do understand it's not an entry level method but once dialed in can be quite reliable.

Check out this link to see some well packed Volks

Ever Think of a Rotrgrow?

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom