Voodoo's 600W Top Fed Rdwc SCROG Random Strain

Ok Day 43 since flip res change 2ml/L swell, 1ml/L sugar rush, bump ec to 1.9 using bloom a+b.
I have ceased using the h2o2 for the last few weeks since all pyth dramas ceased and the roots are still looking fantastic nice big matted mess of all 4 plants roots in the res I will be losing the airstones that are in there somewhere.
Bud tips are swelling a little but still a long way off ready meant to be 2 weeks im thinking at least 3-4 but well see. Its still very green in there and fluffy white hairs everywhere still.
More good news Mrs Voodoo has agreed to allow the tent inside the house for the warmer months so its lookin like this may become perpetual to a degree and I will still attempt some kind of outdoor grow too. Cant wait!

I don't even know what pics are here I was too busy drooling over what is yet to come.
IMAG10125.jpg

IMAG10104.jpg

IMAG10093.jpg

IMAG10084.jpg

IMAG10064.jpg

IMAG10053.jpg

IMAG10025.jpg

IMAG10014.jpg

IMAG10004.jpg

Speaking of stench the cheap carbon filter is currently working a treat but I am wondering once this grow is done is there any way I can rejuvenate the filter for prolonged life? perhaps just letting it run with fresh clean air would be enough to help clear the smell from within the filter? I know carbon can be washed but not sure about dismantling this filter.

yeh Im thinking I will have to eventually AG, which im sure will be another mission altogether, but im hoping to get another grow or two before replacing just wondering if I could give it a quick dunk in a magical solution that may help extend its life LOL hang on, maybe a light bleach soak would do it?? I dunno.
Thanks LA you're too kind ive simply blundered into some buds unlike your artistic talent sir.
Thanks WRB I tried a couple different techniques on these girls starting with LST from the start of clone growth producing lots of main stems, LST to spread the girls, The wire mesh screen to train and get equal spread finished with the odd topped end just before flipping them including the truly fimmed top a week before flipping that is in the second photo, its got about 5-6 crazy ass buds on the end of a main stem that was growing a bit too fast. My only issue is getting air into all those densely packed tips.
All I can say stealthy is AAAARRRRGGHHH! its killin me :rofl: especially since this is an unknown strain so I could be waiting a while yet!!! if it turns out to be a 12 weeker im gonna die!! then again if its a 12 weeker those nugs are gonna be massive! so either way win win I guess.

The tops are really poppin now and getting solid but the lower portion of the buds are still very immature so still a while yet.
I was close with the bleach thing too apparently soak activated carbon in distilled water and h2o2 then bake to remove most organics from the carbon. the bleach would probably leave residuals within the carbon I suppose.

>>>The tops are really poppin now and getting solid but the lower portion of the buds are still very immature so still a while yet.

Hey Voodoo! I would suggest supplementing the lower canopy with 19-23 watt CFL bulbs. It really makes an impact on lower bud maturity and could potentially pack on more weight in your final yield. Just a thought, as I am going to do the same when I get my trellis up over my ladies ;)

>>>I should add in that all these methods seem to require removing the carbon therefore replacement seems the best option.

Yes this is true, but it takes away from the cost of buying a brand new one. That's what we are all after, right? The least costly, BUT the most effective! I personally, would have gone for a DIY can filter from the beginning :) DIY Can Filter

Hehe side lighting? I have no sides LOL I could really use another light in here perhaps 2 400w lights would suit this 4x4 tent better the centre under the 600w is a lot more mature than the edges of the scrog, but it still gets the majority of the screen in its sweet spot so ill put up with it I guess.
Im guessing those orange hairs are a sign its coming of age and will be popping with calyxes full of thc goodness in no time. Even some of the much lower smaller growth is showing orange hairs.

Back
Top Bottom