Voodoo's 600W Top Fed Rdwc SCROG Random Strain

So far so good with the clay pellets. I have a buddy using them in a top feed system too and both had no worries. In dwc the media is less important as the roots are constantly in water ie the water is the media and my buddy has his top feed on constant flow. It probably lacks a little water retention for some purposes but for those two set ups it works well lots of air to the root system. I imagine it would be good for ebb and flow aswell just may need a more frequent flooding. But I honestly don't have a lot more experience with it than that. Thanks for dropping by!

Cheers LA and no worries gnarlednugget. I had a bit of a quick dried sample 48hrs after flush, DAMN it was one brain bending high. It basically stopped me being able to construct a verbal sentence then had me on the couch staring at the TV that was switched off for 15 minutes before I realised I was spacing out. I think this is going to be some nice herb. Not much body stone yet but I think that will come with a good cure and a little more aging before harvest.

The sacrifice to appease the gods....
IMAG11264.jpg

I just started my first blog. Its just a compilation of information I found on beneficial bacteria in the rhizosphere. Simply click on my name and click view blog entries. I will be continuing to add pieces here and there as I find articles of interest mainly for my own reference but Im sure someone may find the info handy. Happy growing!

So after almost finishing this scrog set up- Would you let the tops come through the net more (higher) or same? I have a scrog going (soil) and I'm afraid as you were that they wont quite stretch as much as I'd like. do you think letting them grow Up in 12/12 stretch more would make for larger weight or less? I'mm a tad bit of a newbie haha sorry if this has been answered i read the first 15 pages of the forum to make sure this hasn't been answered....

Oh definately. More veg equals even more yield. I feel that the best way for me to have increased my yield would have been for me to have grown more height through the screen in saying that with the increase of height light becomes less available to the lower buds there fore slightly less colas with double the height will be my goal next time. Hope this helps.
Oh it is also worth noting that I have come to realise that I had done several things to limit my stretch such as running a veg nute through stretch I had high night temps and used a dark period during transition from veg to flower. Looking back I should have just let her stretch out.

See now that is the thing with growing 'new' strains in a ScrOG, you just never can anticipate how much each pheno will stretch. Unless you have grown from clone, I had found a hard time determining how much LST vs. ScrOG I should implement. But from grows I have seen, Bubblelicious is a heavy producer in a ScrOG and a natural grow.

We live & we learn ;)

Ok took all the large tops out last night left the lower growth to mature a little more which allows me enough room to get my 3smaller plants in with them. I've taken a total of approx 620g wet in top colas and there is about a quarter left on there still. What are the guesses for dry weight on the top colas?

Congrats!!!:high-five:
A good rule of thumb I've heard to calculate dry weight from wet is 25% of the wet weight. Once all your buds are dry you will have lost 75% of the weight during the drying. So using this tip, you'll have around 155g dry, not bad, 5.5 oz. ;)

I've always heard 75% too. Although I've also used a tip to not dry Completely as to keep the spongy feel in the bud. I did it with my very first harvest and i had no problems. The guy was Jason Wilcox from you-tube. Check him out, he seems to be a pretty knowledgeable dude! Anyways I'm Sure his 90% method would have a tad more weight. Just a thought!

-And Yes I know of the mold risk involved! ( Not to be over-looked )

At the end of the day weight is only a number. Im growing for myself so the numbers don't really worry me but it will be good to know for comparisons of later grows.
The more this stuff cures the more belted its getting me I had one rip of a bucket late last night and that was it! Smooth and pretty tasteless on the way in, tricks you for a few seconds as the sweet taste kicks in, you breathe out and oh my god, hellfire in the lungs and running for a drink! by the time you get your breath back it feels like someone pumped the back of your eyeballs full of liquid!! LMAO I LIKEY!!!

If I get 5.5 from this lot as stealthy suggested Ill be pretty happy. That will mean ill be edging on the 8 mark I was hoping for by the time I take the bottom stuff Ive left on there. This sets a nice low bar for me to improve on next grow lol. I cant wait until the cool weather hits again.
Oh Btw it hit 30 degrees Celsius today already.

As you can see I managed to remove most of the buds above the screen then remove the screen and push it all back so I could cram my mother and the two small girls in around it not sure how long ill leave the little buds to age not too long I imagine, give the others some room. You can kind of make out the supercropping and its effect.
I must have really had enough of trimming last night because id all but written off what was left on there but after another look today it is still quite substantial! The smell of this stuff is so sickly sweet I can hardly muster up a cone of it especially after trimming all night my hands were glued up, I went through two pairs of surgical scissors and had to wash my hands in alcohol to get it off!. It is just overwhelming.

Man I think I made a mistake or something this stuff is too good! I cant enjoy a casual couple coz I have one and then start mumbling, I cant take it anywhere because you can smell it 100ft away, I cant smoke it before lunch or I just wanna go to bed, ive been a stunned mute for the last week lmao. I think I need some of that lower lighter buds. It may be time to finish her up to get a nice blend of smokes instead of all brain numbing, ball tearing top colas..

Back
Top Bottom