Vortex's Lab: 4x4 Secondary Garden & Experimental Thread

Found it. I'll mess with the settings tomorrow and see what happens. :)

If not, I'll try running them through lightroom. :D :D :D

Got the little rack/shelf/counter top thing set up, along with the fan/filter too.

66EE01D6-1F2C-4FD8-B4C4-EF0F51233401.jpeg

Rack is going to work good. Just got to clean up and the exhaust is ready to turn on.

I could turn it on now, and there is the beginning of a light scent on the air, but I may hold off a bit since it isn’t totally necessary yet. It's getting close though, so I may fire it up anyway. Not gonna hurt, other than burn up the carbon a week or two quicker.

Lemon Drop, day 24. Starting on that #quadline shape.

lemon-drop-d22.jpg

lemon-drop2-d22.jpg

Blue Dream, day 19:

blue-dream-d19.jpg

Six Shooter, day 19:

six-shooter-d19.jpg

And finally our crack baby, day 16:

gr-crk-d16.jpg

Nothing super exciting going on.

Blue and Six are about to get the snip snip up top, and the crack baby isn't far behind.

Mex Airlines is good. Buildin out those roots so she can start to take off. Won't be long now before she blows up too.

lemon-drop-d22-jpg.1987936

Yes, those are binder clips and pipe cleaners. You can get a lot of 150 or so from amazon for like $6 or so. I find them quite handy in many areas, plant training obviously being one of them. Saves the question of "how" to get things going. No need for spikes, or anything goofy. They clip and hold to a fabric pot just swell, are easy to move/remove, and last for many grows.

Thanks! The clips really do work well. I have soft tie for use later on, but right now the pipe cleaners are working just fine.

:)

Blue and Six are about to get the snip snip up top, and the crack baby isn't far behind.

And today is that day, and it's going down shortly.

Well, the deed is done. Don't have any pics at the moment, I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't take the time to snap any.

Either way, both the Six Shooter and Blue Dream have been topped and had the bottom nodes removed as well. They'll be bouncing back and ready to rock shortly. This weekend they should be ready to start their LST bondage.

The crack baby is next on the list, but won't be snipped until this weekend most likely.

Also, as a side note, I adjusted the straps on the lemon drop while I was in there. Nothing major, just moved them out a tick, and tightened them down. She's starting to show that X shape a bit, which is great. :D

Crack baby got the snip snip, and will probably start LST Sunday or Monday at the rate she's going.

Six and blue have bounced back from their snip and are marching forward at one hell of a pace now. They received their initial LST this evening, although it could have waited a couple days.

Waited an extra day and a half to feed, just to mix it up, and all 4 girls drank down half their dinner about 3 hours before lights out. I will be finishing that off with breakfast for them in the morning.

They were all 4 given 5g/gal of mega crop, and 5ml/gal each of silica and calmag.

Mex Airlines is taking her sweet time. Interesting growth to this one. FastBuds did note that even though an auto, she would take a bit longer than typical autos as she's pretty much straight sativa. She's on day 12, for reference, and looks to be about ready to light that fire.

Finished up this morning with breakfast. Was surprised a bit that after a full gallon (half last night, half this morning) that there was no runoff on Six, Blue, or the crack baby. There was some from the Lemmy (super lemon haze) but she's in a 3gal and the rest are in a 7gal.

All are lookin good though, and just a day later need to restrap the bonds on Six and Blue. The crack baby will start LST tomorrow from the looks of her this morning.

It's also time to swap my exhaust/ventilation setup around, and turn on the filtered air. The smell isn't heavy, just light on the breeze inside the room itself. However, they'll probably become a bit more odoriferous in short order, so I'll go ahead and get it running.

Catching up brother

Glad you are fam!

So I got the ventilation worked up last night. I was going to take my stationary clip-on fan (that was the exhaust prior to this change) out of the tent, but just clipped it to the ceiling to mix the air up a bit. No real reason, "just cause."

I gotta say, these AC Infinity fans are the shit. I have mine on 3 and you CAN NOT hear a sound from it whatsoever. Yet it's pulling 315cfm out of the tent and through a carbon filter with a minimal wattage use. Love it. Love love love it. I could probably even run it on 2 if I wanted to do so.

Glad you are fam!

So I got the ventilation worked up last night. I was going to take my stationary clip-on fan (that was the exhaust prior to this change) out of the tent, but just clipped it to the ceiling to mix the air up a bit. No real reason, "just cause."

I gotta say, these AC Infinity fans are the shit. I have mine on 3 and you CAN NOT hear a sound from it whatsoever. Yet it's pulling 315cfm out of the tent and through a carbon filter with a minimal wattage use. Love it. Love love love it. I could probably even run it on 2 if I wanted to do so.
In here with swim gear!

And yes...the AC Infinity fans really are that good.

Glad you are fam!

Hells yeah keeping it cool is the way to go

Well, I ended up snatching my 6" clip-on from this tent to use for a little bit as the exhaust for the other one. Will give me at least a few week of not having to trip over ducting on at least one side of the garden. :laughtwo:

Girls are lookin pretty good me things. Lemon Drop is starting to get a little lighter of green, more lime, in the center of a couple fans. Guess she's gettin a stronger dose of dinner later. She was fed at 5g/gal day before yesterday, so guess she's a hungry little heffer.

Oh, and I may have been a little abusive to her. Noticed I cracked a stem when I tightened up her bonds a few days ago. Just cracked the outside, and she was still growin fine. Still put some electrical tape over it though.

Whoopsie!

She hadn't skipped a beat though, and the growth was still just fine.

Yessir. Will up her 1g tomorrow to a full 6g/gal. She ain't even flowering yet, but she is veggin pretty hard though.

Going to have to move some plants around while I'm at it, so I can crank the light up on her. Running maybe 50%-60% right now, so will have to pick and choose carefully on her partner on that side of the tent.

Guess I could just raise her up a bit, while the other catch up a tick. might not be a bad idea, and I have the height for it right now.

I pussed out. Just gave her the 5.5 treatment instead.

We'll see how the reaction is. Err'body else is a nice MC green all the way through though. She's just about a week ahead of the rest, give or take.

On much closer inspection, it almost looks more like an early onset of a mag deficiency. Moving her up a bit in feed should fix.

Normal MC green edges an veins, but getting that lime in between. The upped dosage, even half a gram, should be ok. I'll watch and up it to 6g/gal in a day or so at the next feeding.

Back
Top Bottom