420 Magazine Background

Vulx Volcanic Soil Amendment: Corporate Introduction

hedzenmedz

Welcome to 420 and thank you for sponsoring 420 Mag. I'll be mixing up my own soil blend very soon. I'm very interested in your product.
Hi Pennywise - did you ever get your sample of vulx? I just contacted them a few minutes ago. They will send me a sample within the next few weeks to try in a 10 gallon no-till smart pot. Are you using no-till also?

Pennywise

Member of the Year: 2017 - Member of the Month: Mar & Oct 2017, Aug 2018, May 2019 - Plant of the Month: Aug 2017

Vulx

420 Sponsor
Attention, you prolific autoflowering strain growers in Southern California:

We are looking to partner with someone to grow 18-30 plants under the personal grow limits (you can co-op up to 5 people from my understanding, correct me if wrong).

The catch? We want to throw Vulx in the mix and make a nice case study! The reward? Well, you get paid, first of all, but also you get to keep the harvest of whatever portion of the plants are yours!

You will need to be extremely detail-oriented and able to follow specific instructions. The research will be published, with your name on it as a contributing member (don't worry, we pay you in money too, not just in "exposure").

If you have a horticulture, soil biology, or botany degree that makes you a premier candidate!

The full specs of the study are not yet written up, but here are some things you'll need to make sure to be able to do/measure:

1. Recommend and procure all materials and equipment by submitting budget. (Some equipment may be provided by partners - if any).
2. Install and maintain equipment.
3. Keep detailed daily logs in physical AND digital format.
4. Grow an autoflowering strain from seed to finish.
5. Cure and dry resulting harvest.
6. Assist in sending periodic samples to a laboratory for analysis.

A. Measure and record water application per plant on a per-watering basis.
B. Describe and record soil mixes in detail, with all additives used.
C. Set, measure, and record feeding schedules, methods, and amounts.
D. Count and record leaf growth, leaf amount, cola lengths, fresh/cured harvest weight, plant growth height, dry plant weight, root growth, germination time, and other plant growth measurements.
E. Record light settings, electricity use (if reasonable to do so).
F. Take lots of pictures!

Requirements:

1. You must live close to the office (and consequently where the grow will take place).
2. You must take the harvest from the 6 mature plants that are yours - else it will have to be destroyed/thrown away so we don't run afoul of the law.
3. You MUST ABSOLUTELY be detail-oriented.
4. You should be generally friendly and work well with others.
5. You will 100% be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement as this will need to be done at the personal residence of someone.

If you're up for it, the pay starts at $35/hour and scales up with experience and degrees taken into account. You will be paid as a contractor, and receive a 1099.

Interested? Please go to our site and drop an email to us. I check that 10x more often than the forum so it's just a lot easier for me to keep track of.

Looking forward to working with you all!

Vulx

420 Sponsor
Autoflowering strain? Seems like an odd choice given how hit and miss they can be. Great offer though!
You can have up to 12 juvenile plants and 6 matured, so you can kill half of the whole batch in theory and still have enough to complete the study. We'll probably order the seeds from Mephisto as they're held in pretty high regard, but obviously I'm open to suggestion on those.

The next round of testing will be the photo plants, and then after that we'll do an outdoor study on next year's round of outdoor grows.

TorturedSoul

Member of the Month: May 2009, Oct 2010, Sept 2017
Sweet seeds are pretty popular among "forum growers," too. I don't know about their overall popularity, though.

Are you running this operation like a scientific experiment? In other words, will you have a set of "control plants" that get fed something else?

Vulx

420 Sponsor
Sweet seeds are pretty popular among "forum growers," too. I don't know about their overall popularity, though.

Are you running this operation like a scientific experiment? In other words, will you have a set of "control plants" that get fed something else?
Yes. We will test 5-ish soil/substrate mixes (depending on how many total variables).

One plant will receive full water/nutrient schedule and the other 2 or 3 will get X% strength of water/nutrients. We will be slightly limited by the 30 plant total on ALL the variables to test, but I'll definitely be working with people outside here and on other forums as well as some commercial folks to see what the most popular variables they want to see is.

Pennywise

Member of the Year: 2017 - Member of the Month: Mar & Oct 2017, Aug 2018, May 2019 - Plant of the Month: Aug 2017
Top Bottom