Vulx Volcanic Soil Amendment: Corporate Introduction

Happy holidays to you and yours Mr. V! The girls can't thank you enough...omg they go on and on about how much more they love their Vulx dirt! Cheers mate, thanks for all you do!

IMG_20191223_102651007.jpg

Happy holidays to you and yours Mr. V! The girls can't thank you enough...omg they go on and on about how much more they love their Vulx dirt! Cheers mate, thanks for all you do!

IMG_20191223_102651007.jpg

Thank YOU for taking the time to give it a go and put in the effort to document your experience with Vulx. Your video was really helpful and I'm grateful for warm, generous, and talented cultivators like you that have helped Vulx grow.

It really brings me joy to see that you and the plants enjoy the product. I can't say it enough - thank you, truly.

Happy Holidays!

-Beau

If you’re in SoCal we should link up, curious to talk shungite if you’re interested. Seems to parallel some of the logic of Vulx in agriculture and I’m highly encouraged (more than ever) by your stated results.
Hey man, Im a new member. I signed up after some research on Shungite effects on plants and came across your thread. After completely reading that entire thread, You went MIA when you were getting ready for the actual experiment. May I ask whatever happened to it?

Hey man, Im a new member. I signed up after some research on Shungite effects on plants and came across your thread. After completely reading that entire thread, You went MIA when you were getting ready for the actual experiment. May I ask whatever happened to it?

I messaged him a while back, haven't heard back.

From what I understand, academic research had shown shungite may:

1. Increase rate and intensity of nitrification
2. Increases ammonium production

3. Potentially significant increase in exchangeable Mg and Ca
4. Decrease of exchangeable "adsorbed cations" during incubation and subsequent increase (though this is admitted speculation on the part of the study's author)

5. Decrease in labile (soluble or semi-soluble) P in soil, followed by increase.
6. Similar effect on K as P.

That study was not particularly well-done and the results are highly speculative. It's not a good measure of how useful (or unuseful) shungite is or may be.

In a study which measured responses to drought stress and carbon-containing-molecules' impact at reducing abiotic stress, shungite grew the best plants after 21 days of drought stress were applied.

There isn't much research out there but the study of Multi Walled Carbon Nanotubes and fullerine-containing compounds has been ongoing for decades and has not produced much interest from shungite apart from its spectacular ability to remediate water (as many carbon compounds do).

If you end up doing a grow journal please let me know.

This is not to say one way or another I "believe" in shungite or its effectiveness as a soil additive as compared to other carbon compounds.

That said, if you see anything that mentions paramagnetism in an agricultural context, or delves into (more than a reasonable amount) of metaphysical topics, then that's probably not a reliable source.

Shungite has unfortunately fallen into this circle, so it's up to people like you who are explorative to do some good research and shed light on what's really going on :)

Hello Everyone!

So today I wanted to go over some common errors I've been seeing when using Vulx.

And since I am the kind of person to do whatever I was gonna do anyway unless someone gives me a reason not to - I'm going to explain why you should not do these things.

1. Topdressing and Watering in Vulx

I cannot stress this enough - do not do this. Vulx works by being present throughout the root zone and attracting nutrients and water and facilitating their retention in the root zone and subsequent exchange directly to their roots. Vulx isn't just passively attracting nutrients; the mixture is mostly negatively charged whereas nutrients are positively charged. When nutrients are attracted to Vulx, they bring water along with them, in addition to Vulx being extremely efficient at absorbing water on its own.

Vulx doesn't break down in soil because it is not water soluble, so when you water in Vulx, you are essentially top-dressing it.

When you topdress Vulx, that means all the nutes and a lot of the water are being retained on the top layer of the soil, meaning the roots don't get access to them. This is no good. Don't do it!

2. Not Adding in Vulx in the First Pots

If you pop your seeds or plant your clones in their 1 gallon temporary homes before uppoting them to 3, 5, 7, or whatever-size pot, Vulx needs to be present in that bucket too - not just the flowering or final pot(s).

The center of the root mass is extremely important - especially for plants grown from seed. This is what you are developing in those first pots: a very strong center root mass.

If in the first containers (not including your rooting cup or tray), Vulx is not present, then several things will happen when the plant is uppotted. Firstly, the substrate will have inconsistent water retention. The inner roots without Vulx present will also have lowered capabilities to uptake water and nutrients, and if you're watering your plants correctly, you should be feeding that nutrient rich substrate right to the center root mass. They'll be missing out!

Adding Vulx in late will not harm your plant, so if you get Vulx and you're in the middle of your cycle, you will still get benefits from its presence in the soil. However, not having Vulx present in the inner root zone is greatly depriving your plant of the benefits of Vulx.

3. Only Adding in Vulx in the First Pots

Conversely, I have seen folks get enough Vulx to do 4 or 5 plants, but distribute all the Vulx to as many starter pots as possible.

Again, this won't harm your plant, but if you're going to use Vulx, you will get more benefit from treating all the soil in every pot for a single plant rather than adding it to as many one gallons in the beginning as possible.

4. Not Paying Attention to Water

Drowning plants is not the only symptom of overwatering. When you allow a substrate to stay too moist, it can develop an environment favorable to pests and diseases.

It is very important to make sure to properly gauge the amount of water needed per watering to ensure a proper wet/dry cycle for your substrate. As a rule of thumb, Vulx usually decreases the amount of visible runoff by 50%.

Example: if you usually water your plant until you see 10mL or 10 oz. (example numbers) of runoff, water only until you see 5mL or 5 oz.

This figure is extremely easy to test. Get two pots and measure out a fixed amount of water. Pour in the water and measure the runoff. Use the difference to adjust your watering regimen.

5. Not Applying the Core Benefits of Vulx to Regimens (Not Listening to Plants)

Adding Vulx may change the amount of mineral salt nutrients you need to use (generally organic nutes need no adjustment). This is highly dependent on your decisions on feeding the plant. Here's a couple of examples:

A. Feeding at Low EC to Prevent Salt Buildup

Growers sometimes prefer to feed more times per week with a lower dilution ratio in water in order to allow the plant to be watered/fed often with smaller amounts. Many believe that plants eat the best when the wet/dry cycle is short, but the less time water stays present in the substrate, the faster it evaporates. When roots don't have ample time to absorb the nutrients, the residue is left behind as salt.

If you're feeding this way, you probably won't have to adjust anything. In fact, you may be able to increase the amount of feed you're giving your plants because the roots will uptake the nutrients more quickly and efficiently leaving even less behind.

B. Feeding at Higher EC with More Flushes

Conversely, growers may push the limits of EC concentrations and adopt a schedule such as feeding once a week and then watering without feed twice a week. In this scenario, the substrate will stay hydrated for longer, allowing the roots to access the nutrients. Any salt remains will be flushed away by the next two waterings.

Vulx will increase the amount of time that substrate stays moist, and increase the ability for the nutrients to be passed to the roots. If you're feeding in this manner at a high EC, it's quite possible you can cut your nutrient use by 25-50%. In many cases, growers will see signs of burning - an indication that the plant has more nutrients than can be used, creating toxic buildup.

In either case, it's important to watch your plant closely and be able to respond when problems present themselves. It's important to apply the core principles of increased retention, availability, and uptake efficiency of water and nutrients and use these effects to your (and your plants') advantage.

6. Not Properly Measuring Soil

Coco, peat, ProMix, and most blends will measure less than 3lbs/gallon. That means you can use 75-85 grams per gallon of substrate and be fine across the board. However, soil is different.

Soil density can vary greatly, and for the best results measuring a gallon of your soil is very important! Applying Vulx at less than 5% by weight can lead to it not being effective at all!

Doing this is quite simple:

1. Get a 1 gallon pot
2. Measure the weight of the 1 gallon pot
3. Fill the pot with your soil/substrate and record the weight
4. Subtract the weight of the empty pot.

Now, let's say your soil weighs 5lbs/gallon. To get the right amount, multiply the weight by 0.05. 5*0.05 is 0.25.

0.25lbs = 113g = 4 oz

So for soil that weighs 5lbs/gallon, use 4 ounces or 113 grams for every gallon present!

------------------------

Remember, no grower, substrate, environment, strain, or feed is one-size-fits-all, and Vulx won't be either! If you need help, you can always message me directly or post on this thread for help. It's my pleasure to assist you grow your best pot, truly!

Happy Growing

:Namaste: :green_heart: :420:

Now, to followup that wall of text with something fun!

I have been working with several soil companies to get Vulx included in their products to make it easier for customers to get Vulx premixed to avoid the headache of mixing it in themselves.

This particular company based in Vermont (Vermont Grow Coach on Instagram) was doing a side by side with Vulx to verify its claims. During the test, a controller failed and the plants were subjected to extremely low temperatures. These were the photos he sent me the next day!

I was interested in trying some of your Vulx on my next grow but it isn't available on Amazon and when I tried the link for your webpage it says the account has been suspended. Have you gone out of business?

I was interested in trying some of your Vulx on my next grow but it isn't available on Amazon and when I tried the link for your webpage it says the account has been suspended. Have you gone out of business?

Are you in Canada or something? Shows up fine on Amazon for me.

Ok, thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom