WA: New Marijuana Retailer Opens In Ephrata

Ron Strider

A new state-licensed marijuana retailer recently opened its door to the public in Ephrata.

2020 Solutions opened May 18 in the former Gary Mann Real Estate office at 1615 SW Basin St. The store is the second state-licensed marijuana retailer to come to Ephrata. The business is hoping to copy the successful model of three 2020 Solutions stores that are located in Bellingham.

"The 2020 Solutions brand was one of the first to open a legal store in the state and leads Whatcom County in sales," Aaron Nelson, 2020 Solutions senior vice president, said. "The success of the first three stores shows that customers enjoy the high quality of our products, a knowledgeable staff and a safe, comfortable and attractive retail environment."

Washington voters passed I-502 (marijuana reform) in the November 2012 general election. I-502 removed state criminal and civil penalties for the production, distribution and possession of marijuana for people aged 21 and older. The initiative created an application process that is similar to the liquor license application process. 2020 Solutions has met requirements to open and is under the leadership of store owner Mark Lavergne and store manager Bruce Davis.

"Coming from a 21-year military career and an avid believer in the effects of CBD (Cannabidiol) as an alternative to prescription medications, I want to help fellow veterans and others become better educated on the holistic benefits," Davis remarked.

Nelson said the business is benefited by a knowledgeable staff who can inform customers about the variety of different products 2020 Solutions offers and their effects.

"Our bud tenders learn what the customer is seeking, such as relaxation, pain relief or enhanced experiences, then find out whether they like to smoke, use a vape pen, consume edibles or utilize another method," Nelson explained. "Then we can offer recommendations best suited to the individual customer.

Ephrata_Dispensary_-_Richard_Byrd.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Columbia Basin Herald - Business, New marijuana retailer opens in Ephrata
Author: Richard Byrd
Photo Credit: Richard Byrd

Back
Top Bottom