Wal-Mart Refuses To Rehire Cancer Patient Who Uses Medicinal Marijuana

Warbux

Just when you think you've heard it all, a story comes along that simply blows your mind.

Such is the case for a former Wal-Mart employee who was fired after the company learned of his medical marijuana use.

Joseph Casias has sinus cancer and an inoperable brain tumor and uses medicinal marijuana to ease symptoms associated with the cancer he has.

When the company found out about his little habit, they fired him and will not hire him back.

"I gave them everything," Casias told Wzzm13.com. " 110 percent every day. Anything they asked me to do, I did. More than they asked me to do. Twelve to 14 hours a day."

It is stories such as this that give our country a bad name, but what makes this situation worse, is Wal-Mart's stance on the matter.

"This is just an unfortunate situation all around," said spokesman Greg Rossiter. "We're sympathetic to Mr. Casias' condition, but like other companies, we have to consider the overall safety of our customers and associates, including Mr. Casias, when making a difficult decision like this."

News Hawk: Warbux 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: dbtechno.com
Author: N/A
Contact: Wal-Mart Refuses to Rehire Cancer Patient Who Uses Medicinal Marijuana : dBTechno
Copyright: 2010 dbtechno.com
Website: Wal-Mart Refuses to Rehire Cancer Patient Who Uses Medicinal Marijuana : dBTechno

Wal-Mart is everything that's wrong with society. The main reason to drug test after a work accident is to avoiding having to pay out. Better than a boycott, I propose just plain stealing shit from them. Remember the episode of the Simpsons? They had the right idea.

Recently let go from wal*mart as well~ u have 2 win where it counts their reserved funds await the best opposing team of sharx 2 out do theirs~after that victory~wm will disapate

Personally, I think the guy should sue for wrongful termination. The money spent in court by Walmart to defend itself will cost far more than any workman's compensation. Money is what every corporation is about. Hit 'em where it hurts--their massive pocketbooks. Boycott on top of it and cost them some more. The bottom line is always money. The people giveth, the people can taketh away..... :peace:

Just seems this weed stuff is to much for this society to handle. But I say fuck them they can fuck off cuz I will grow and smoke at my own leisure time and I don't give a fuck.
So society can FUCK OFF :cheer: :bong:

"This is just an unfortunate situation all around," said spokesman Greg Rossiter. "We're sympathetic to Mr. Casias' condition, but like other companies, we have to consider the overall safety of our customers and associates, including Mr. Casias, when making a difficult decision like this."

Yes, the safety, we have to consider the public and protect them from the dangerous users of marijuana...

I know his statement is bullshit and they don't believe or actually care about this topic, but it still PISSES me off like nothing. Did Mr. Casias do ANYTHING harmful or dangerous while employed? Was there any other reason to terminate him other than marijuana use? If he by mistaked harmed someone while high, then it makes much more sense, but if he has never done anything harmful in all of his years there, then why would you assume that since now you know he smokes, hes going to be dangerous, yet has done nothing to prove that statement in all of his years with you.

Fuck you walmart.

Back
Top Bottom