Walk in Closet Grow Build - Looking for Input

herewegrow420

Hey everyone!

I am in the early stages of designing my walk in closet grow, and would love any input anyone has to offer regarding the buildout, design, equipment ect. I am fortunate enough to have two walk in closets in my bed room, and am willing to sacrifice both for this project.

I have an idea of what I think would be ideal, but I'm curious to hear what others with fresh eyes have to say.

So here we go:

Veg Room

5' long 3'5" wide 7' tall
Drywall walls and ceiling with popcorn finish, painted white
Solid wood door, painted white
Hardwood floors
Attic Above
(Attic is the only option for ventilation in this room, as it is located on the front side of the house)

Flower Room

10' long 5' wide 7' tall
Drywall walls and ceiling with popcorn finish, painted white
Solid wood door, painted white
Hardwood floors
Attic Above
Adjacent to the side of the house, close to the attics passive 'air vent' outdoors
Also adjacent to a bathroom with a preexisting exhaust fan, accessible via the attic

If budget was not an obstacle what exactly would you do!?

This is a legal grow, however it its located in my bedroom so I am taking all necessary measures to cut down on noise and odor.

Thanks in advance for your input! I will be documenting the entire build and eventually grows with high quality photos, and HD video here and on my youtube channel HereWeGrow420 - YouTube so you may see some of your suggestions come to fruition!

P.S. I created scale diagrams to give you guys a visual of the layout, but can't seem to figure out how to attach images. Is this possible? Thanks!

:welcome: here is help to get your pics here, you have so many options, I can't answer without your goals/expectations & experience growing indoors. For starters what method Hydro, Aero, DWC,or soil? Read some "journals" first to get some ideas maybe, you'll see them under "forums/todays posts" good luck, you chose a great site, with VERY helpful members, to get you your answers.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Trichomes, Thanks for such a quick reply!

I have some experience working in a medical co-op, but this will be my first home grow endeavor.

Here is what I was thinking thus far:

I am leaning heavily towards DWC

Veg Room:
-2ft X 4ft T5 fixture
-Also considering CFL's as an alternative (or supplement) but have no experience with these
Anyone have experience with CFL's vs. T5 in veg? or using them with one another?
-Exhaust air through attic if necessary
-Passive air intake
-Panda film or similar lining walls

Flower Room
(here's where there are many options)
-Ideally would like 2 HID HPS fixtures 600 or 1000 watts if possible
-8" insulated ducting for maximum temp control and minimum noise
-Insulate hoods for temp control
-digital ballasts to reduce heat
-Hood Intake from outside via 'air vent' in attic
-Hood exhaust to attic or to bathroom fan vent via attic
-Carbon filter exhaust to attic
-Passive air intake
-Panda film or similar lining walls

Would it be advantageous or just overkill to have 2000 watts in a 10X5X7 space?

If for some reason I am unable to install the ductwork for the HID's, my only option seems to be CFL's which again I have no experience with. Anyone with experience flowering under CFL's or other low temp lights?

Thanks!

here are the diagrams to help give a visual:

veg37.jpg

View image in gallery

Back
Top Bottom