-planted 10 around 30 March
-6 lived
Veg and 1st two weeks of flower under EYE Hortilux 400W MH Bulb
Started 12/12 on May 3rd, 2010
Currently under EYE Hortilux 400W HPS Bulb
1 grew balls - funny thing to die for
5 ladies
- 1 runt , took her a week ago to free up room in the canopy
- 1 future WNBA center (Sativa strain?), a foot taller than her sisters. Thin leaves. Sparse buds, no growth in the past two weeks, tonight just prior to this writing I took her down.
Leaving 3 happy ladies.
Two seem to be and identical. From my very limited knowledge I'd say Indica.
The 3rd appears to be an Indica but the flowers are different. Don't know if it means a different strain or just different circumstances in the tent.

Lighting by: Sunleaves Pulsar 400 Watt Two-Way*HPS/MH System with Tempered Lens
Inside of a tent: HydroHut Silver Edition 2x4 (55in.x28in.x78in.) 69.5 cf

Air Out: ELF Charcoal filter through 4" In-Line Fan 160 CFM to the outdoors

Air in: Long story, I'll over it in depth in a later post

Pot: Earthbox Garden Container Kit
-Specs:
-All durable plastic components are UV stabilized ... Holds 2.0 C.F. of Potting -Mix, Holds 3 Gallons of Water, Dimensions 29L x 14W x 11H,

Soil: 1 part miracle grow potting soil, i part sand, 1 part perlite.

Nutrients: The garden kit came with fertilizer and dolamite. Since then I've been all over the road map. A few light feedings various ferts. Lately I've been doing Molasses and bonemeal. Learning as I go. I started with city tap water. Of late I've been using distilled water, including water from a dehumidifier.

High temp 85
Low temp 68
Average temp 78
Humidity High 55
Humidity Low 35
Humidity Average: 42-48

Pests: None identified to date.

You might surmise from my description that I'm largely clueless but I did have the good sense to pick up some good equipment; tent, light(s), fan.
Undoubtedly the planter is where I veered from the path more traveled. That was more of a contingency than anything but it's worked out for me.

In the 1st weeks I nearly killed the plants about a dozen different ways. Left the germinated seeds in the paper towel until they looked like alf-alfa sprouts. Too week a light once they were in a grow medium, they chased the light. Brought in more light, too much light, they ran from it.

By the time I set the tent up and hung the HID, I had 10 very stretched youngin's. So I put them under the 400Watt HID with no ventilation to speak of and spent a week doing emergency first aid for heat stroke and radiation poisoning. I lost 4 in that first week under the HID.

Based on something I read in these forums I got the ventilation right and I truly believe that the single biggest factor in getting the plants to pull through was getting the air right.

After the first week of 18/6. I had 6 survivors. At two weeks they were doing well but the stretchy stalks made me questions the survivability. In week 3 they took off and started looking like some of the plants people show off in these pages.

I should have vegged another week or two. I was impatient.
And now I introduce yo you:

IMG_0173100604230959287_1125200.jpg

The tent with half my DIY air intake solution

IMG_0196100605230826502_0250100.jpg

4.5 weeks of 12/12

IMG_0197100605230838502_0250100.jpg

Good things happening under the canopy

IMG_0192100605230702502_0640100.jpg

Whats up buddd

Feedback welcome, because I'm sailing in uncharted waters.

:goodjob:waltdv1 and welcome to the grow room! Nice setup and for $100 oz beans those ladies are looking A1.:welldone: I'm pulling up a chair and am all in for this one. Good Luck
+Rep and 5 Stars my friend and :welcome:to our 420Mag Family.

Trich Check
frame0.jpg

:smokin:
Smoked something this evening from the plant I harvested the other night. Obviously the taste sucked with no proper cure but the stone was a very pleasant body high with an accompanying sense of slightly upbeat well being.

I picked up a VEHO 04 USB microscope off of e-bay.
Earlier I bought up a 12.00 microscope at Radio Shack. Total waste of money.
I'm still figuring out how to get a good look at the trichs through the VEHO microscope. Seems to me that a straight on shot doesn't give the best sense of opacity. But what the f!@# do I know. Nothing.
What is the yellow cast I'm seeing on the leaf tip?

Bad times in Walt's garden. Nute burn, hermie's, balls, seeds. Just when I thought I had it all figured out and then problems compiled one after another. I didn't have a good sense what I was seeing - or I didn't trust my eyes. I had family and work obligations that limited my garden time. Yada yada yada... it got away from me.

Lesson learned on the Earthbox kit. Once the plants took off in veg there was no practical way to turn or otherwise move the box from the tent. I had a limited ability to move the plants about for detailed inspection.

So what now? Take clones of the females and bring them back to veg? Start over from seed? Use the seeds my knocked up ladies spew forth? For the time being I'm sticking with the bag seed. I'm in a sensitive position in my professional life ... I know all too well what the Government is capable, of so buying 'good' seeds is not an option.
Having said all that. Drug prohibition is no smarter today than alcohol prohibition was 80 years ago.

The hermie came down occasioning several nice sticky buds. So not all is lost. Two plants left standing, two very knocked up flowering plants. But the truth of the matter is I have enjoy'd the hell out of this grow and despite the set back I intend to keep at it.

I'm sorry for a change of tides.
Great attitude! Thats passion, these plants are beautiful :bravo:

On the positive side..
Now you'll have seeds for life! They proved to be healthy genes!

Sorry for the loss, but this round you've proven you can do it!
I'll be there for the Next journal forsure:popcorn:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us and sorry for your loss!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom