Wanna create a hydro setup

berrydizzle

OK, so since I am having lots of problems right now on my soil grow, i am thinking of creating my own hydro setup for my next go. Can anyone help me with what the best type of hydro set up I can make by getting my own products at home depot or my grow store. I am thinking of something like a waterfarm. The space I will be using will be 3 feet by almost 6, so I am thinking I can set up at least nine plants if my pots can all fit there. I know I also need a resivoir, water pumps, air pumps and stones and all that good stuff. Please help me out guys.

First off you need to MASTER soil to even attempt hydro. Hydroponics is more complicated than soil so what makes you think your ready to handle it? I seen all those burns on your plants in your grow journal, however that would be a dead plant with a hydo system. The nutrients are WAY more concentrated than soil nutrients. All those factors aside I highly suggest you home in your skills working with soil before you make that drastic move. Other than that do a search for hydro, theres a couple guides as to building a set-up here on the site.

See guys, i have already mastered hydro, its soil that I cant grasp. I worked with a bloombox for over a year, it seemed to be much easier then soil. We will see how this current grow works that I am doing, then I will think about it but I have more experience with hydro then soil. Way more. I guess I started the wrong way.

I feel like they are completely different mediums, which they are, and both require very different tools and techniques to grow in. So does it really matter if berry has mastered soil or not? I am also a firm believer in there is something you can always do better. I had a music teacher say to us in class once "you should always strive for perfection but you can never reach it" One of my personal favorite quotes.

^I must say you have more balls than me. I have never made the leap to hydro even after seeing the pros versus the cons.

Well here is the picture.
DSC00312rev.jpg

I figure I will use 2 of these to start, probably about eight gallons in each res, maybe more. Im gonna go to the shop later and see if they have everything i will need. Let me know what you guys think.

I prefer hydro too. I actually think its easier. Its easy to over estimate soil because its more natural? With hydro, you can flush the plant anytime just by changing the water in the res. You don't have to manually water the plants. Once you have the knack for it, its very easy and self sufficient.
I even setup auto topping the res so I can go on vacations.
I think soil is alot easier to over diagnos for some people. With hydro, things can get ugly quick and with certain less forgiving hydro, plants die in hours instead of days but the flip side is plants recover quickly in hydro.

I say go for it, its not for everybody but you won't know til you try.
Advise for Berry.
You might want to go with wands instead of airstones. Easier maintenance and wands create a larger area of aireation or top friction surface. Your gonna need it it your doing more than one plant. Remember, each basket needs bubbles to splash underneath it. You should talk with Dank, he has dwc down very well.

Thanks man. I will definately go with wands, have heard numerous people say they are better. Hopefully they have baskets big enough that I dont have to put over 10 gallons in the resivoir. Yeah, the water level will be right under the pots, especially when the roots havent dropped. I cant decide if I want to set up an aerocloner or just do rockwool cubes in the clonedome like before. Im going to look for possible resivoirs today, I will post anything that I do with creating this growing beast.

I tried soil my first time and bombed terribly. Thats what made me shoot for hydro which I found extremely easier. Just set it and forget it. Actually, I spent a lot of my time high just staring at the plant trying to watch it grow until time came to change the nutrient solution. haha. Just don't go organic first time, I found that tough, but the again, that's just my experience. You won't know until you try it. With the people that hang around here, questions are easily answered with expert advice. Go for it dude!

Well here is the picture.
DSC00312rev.jpg

I figure I will use 2 of these to start, probably about eight gallons in each res, maybe more. Im gonna go to the shop later and see if they have everything i will need. Let me know what you guys think.

Looks to me by that picture that you could basically do that with a good cooler just what it reminds me of lol.:bongrip:Also on a side note if you have a bloombox why waste time buying more of a setup why not take the easy way and buy another bloombox the figure out better the art and have a smaller self made hydroponic system so you know your bloomboxes wont fail but your own may just a thought.,

A bloombox costs 3300. I could create this set-up for less than 100 dollars. The bloombox has lots of limitations too, which my closet doesent. I could grow six plants that would be twice as big as the 9 plants in the bloombox and get much more bud off them. A grow mod (dank) said that each plant should have 3 gallons in the res. The bloombox has a 8 gallon res with nine plants. I am basing this model around the bloombox. I know it will work. Im gonna do it and all you guys can see.

Alright how much would the full meal deal of the bloombox be then I been looking through their website and decided the full meal deal is probally the best for a standard grow

The full meal deal? The problem is that the bloombox is too big to fit into any of the rooms in my house. All the rooms are down a hall and it wont fit. So I am going to make my own set-up. It will be cheap. Why the fuck are all these people questioning this idea. I know how to grow hydro. I guess ill just have to do it and show you doubters that you are wrong.

you have designed exactly what i have been using i built that set up and it works great i started with hydro never done soil my first try was a bomb but this one is working out better than i imagined go for it and good luck:peace:

you have designed exactly what i have been using i built that set up and it works great i started with hydro never done soil my first try was a bomb but this one is working out better than i imagined go for it and good luck

aeroponics is nice but a little simpler(probably cheaper too) set up would be like a five gallon bucket(plastic storage thing) underneath a table with one of those like 2ftX4ft white trays on top of the table, just put a fish pump into the 5 gallon bucket and connect it to the tray and put another drainage hole into the tray and there you go al you need now is timer water maxi grwo and maxi bloom you're set. I think hydro is easier tham soil depending on the depth you're getting into the hydro... you can save mistakes in hydro harder in soil:cool:

Back
Top Bottom