Want to build a carbon filter

Re: Want to build a carbon filter...

Can you link that? Try home depot or lows, I'm sure they sell something like that. If not there try a house hold heating and air conditioning store, I would imagine that they have the stuff you need.

Can I link what. I looked online at home depot and lowes and they didnt have it. Oh, you want me to link the site, yeah no problem. Im alittle stoned at the moment.

Heres the link. Looks pretty simple too.

(edit no links to other MJ forums)

Try pet stores, I believe they sell activated carbon for use in fish tank filters. If not there, look at places that sell parts for home-brewing beer. They sometimes carry activated charcoal for filtering distillate.

Alright, I see how you make it, I have a few questions because I can easily incorporate this into the grow box I am going to construct in a few weeks. I would much rather put a do-it-yourself carbon filter on it than set my Ionizer right next to the exhaust port of the box.

How much do all the materials cost?
Carbon filters are pretty pricey aren't they?
How long would that last?
How exactly do you set up a carbon filter, it is on the exhaust fan for the room I assume.
Would a large computer fan, 120mm, be enough to utilize the carbon filter or does it require more force to pull the air through it?

Thanks a lot S4L, I'm probably going to incorporate this in my growbox.

Yeah, i am going to have 2 of them, 1 on the inline fan that will be pulling hot air out of the grow room through the ceiling into the attic(when I flowered the last time you could smell the bud about 30 feet from the house at some times, probably because of the air getting out of the attic). I cant be having that happening anymore! And then one as a stand alone filter in the grow room so my house doesent smell. I am also going to get 1 more fan to bring air from my room into the closet. I'm going to cut a little dryer vent thing throught the wall so cool air will be pulled into the room, then maybe I can keep my door shut. Remember, you want to always pull air through the carbon filter, not push it through, so the air has more of a surface area to go through. On hydrowholesale.com, there is a 4 inch carbon filter and it is 129.99. Im sure if you go buy the supplies(chicken wire, panty hose, etc.) it probably wont be 50 bucks to make 2 of them. You also really only need to use it after about 2-3 weeks of flowering since the plants dont smell bad till that point. That way it is not running all the time and the carbon will last longer. It also says that you want no little then 200CFM to go through the filter. I found on e-bay that a filter with 12lbs of carbon will last over a year, so i guess if u used like 6 lbs, it would be about half a year. Maybe a pound of carbon per month that you use it would be a good rule of thumb?

Can I link what. I looked online at home depot and lowes and they didnt have it. Oh, you want me to link the site, yeah no problem. Im alittle stoned at the moment.

Heres the link. Looks pretty simple too.

(edit link)
Looks like it would work could you find any instructions, Probally could fiqure it out just would like to see how they put it together

There is a post in closet growth that explains hot to make a large box, as well as a home-made carbom filter, with materia obtained at a pet store.On this site's forum. Check it out!

I found directions on how to make your own carbon filter online. But i was just wondering what type of stores sell activated carbon?? And it said that I should change the carbon every harvest, i thought carbon lasted about a year. Please input.

You can buy them online at water filtration sites but if you want to buy it locally then you can buy it at an aquarium store or any fish related store you can find. They usually sell it in 5 lb bags.

Back
Top Bottom