Want to yield around 10pounds to get out of debt

With apologies for some repeat advice...

So, you clearly have thought through a lot of the logistics of a grow, which I think shows some awareness of the horticultural and legal/political/interpersonal issues at stake.

I see a lot of a real naivety (which others have in effect noted) that places tremendous faith on one's ability to control forces of nature. I promise you that if you are in fact as new to the hobby as you state, that there is no way for you or anyone else to dial in on a grow of that scale and get anywhere near the yields you need. In an early post you noted a particular strain claimed maximum yields of XYZ amount per m2. Although these figures are helpful in giving some general sense of which strains are capable of yielding more and which will likely yield less, they are largely marketing strategies, aimed, for instance, at newbies wanting to grow - let's say, for sake of argument - 10 lbs of dried and cured product.

These yields are achieved (if actually achieved) by master growers working within highly controlled environments and nurturing not only strains capable of these "romanticized" yields but also with ideal phenotypes of those strains. Literally no newbie is going to crack some Moby Dick seeds (to name a common-enough strain that actually is a pretty good yielder) and end up with the promised 650g/m2 indoors.

Let's imagine for a moment that a new grower could manage that level of control and efficacy in a single squared meter, and then think about scale: you would need to perfectly manage the equivalent of around 7 m2 spaces even if the "pipe dream" figures could be realized. My guess is that you would need around 4-5x that footprint, as a new grower, to get to your 10lb goal.

Questions (I'm not necessarily looking for answers to the following, just raising / re/raising issues):

1. Will you defoliate? If so, how will you dispose of pruned leaves and branches? You will have whole garbage bags full of this biomass, and every shred of it is a dead giveaway.

2. As at least one other has noted above, trimming 10lbs of weed is a monumental task, especially if you need to be precious even about lower larfy buds in order to maximize final yield.

3. How stable is the electrical grid in your area/country? Are there many outages? Plants will survive some minor upheavals in their light schedule, but depending on their stage of development just a few hours could destabilize a flowering crop resulting in some hermies, and you don't need much male pollen loosed upon the gals to ruin a lot of work. However, the biggest risk of all here would be an almost total loss of odor control - believe me (and others here would back me up I think) it takes no time at all for weed smells to accumulate and permeate environments outside of the "sealed" grow area when airflow systems and filters are out of play. Heat and humidity controls also go wholly out the window, as it were.

4. Do you know how to navigate the underground weed market? You'll get nowhere "dime-bagging" out 10bs, at least not as quickly as you need.

My advice? Same as most others - start small, maybe with just a 3x3 tent, decent light, and 3-4 strains or phenos kept fairly small just to get your feet wet, and provide some sense of just how much work the scale you have in mind requires.
Hi Thanks again for taking your time to read and go through my post and replying clearly to it.

Its now clear to my mind that data provided by seeds bank are data resulting to an optimum controlled environment. Thats one of the reasons why I started this thread because 10lbs under a small area was mathematically possible as per these data. I may seems naive but trust that Im not! I do read and go through all the members comments and do take all your prevention advise into considerations.

For your answers yes I will defoliate and the leaves will also be sold since the buds cost a lot in the country theres a market(leaves cost around 30% the bud price=200usd/oz) for it.

The trimming is not an issue since I can deliver the bud for it to be processed by the third party.(this was in the case I opted for the 10lbs) But since everyone told me to start small I might end up process it myself( I want to do it only once and might not do it at all for that reason.)

Concerning electrical issues there might be outage only once or twice in a year for a really short period of time.
In the case it hermie I hope to prevent it from pollinating my whole crop by getting it out of it. Concerning hermies, smells, heat and humidity issues in case of outage these are one of the many risk that may happen out of misfortune since I would have taken all the precaution to install the right inline blower, fan,AC, all my metering devices before getting my the project on.

Once again for the underground market I assure you that I will not have to take care of it at all. Waiting to get the money back also is not an issue.

Investing a for a big project is not an issue but being stealth having a low electricity bill is. I know you all want me to start small but to be short I prefer not do it at all(for the moment). Because as per what I want to invest getting a low yield back is not enough to keep me in positive figures and is not worth it.

My one time solution:
Continue working on all my legal business, keep my cash flow on and keep paying all my fix charges for the moment. In the long run(if I still want to do it) convert one of my business in a commercial business with high level electricity usage to get rid of suspicion concerning high electricity bills.

Meanwhile thank you all for your support.

Hi Difficult,

Say you get lucky and every seed germinates then produces the maximum. Still you failed to consider the rule of the harvest, wet weight versus dry weight. If you harvest 10 lbs of weed - when it’s cured out it will only weigh 2.5 lbs. So to reach your goal of selling 10 pounds you are now tasked with growing and harvesting over 40 lbs. Bet you didn’t see that one coming? Every seasoned grower knows this fact.

About the trimmings from defoliation and training sessions... these trimming are cut before the plant is producing THC, these trimmings are only good for a speedy headache - they are not worth cash money. Anyone who buys or smokes this is going to be totally pissed off.

Whether you succeed or fail, it’s not going to impact anyone here, but it will definitely impact you, your family, your freedom. It’s easy to say you are not naive... but here are very experienced growers telling you otherwise and it’s taken 6 pages for you to grasp they are correct. We are not trying to slam you - but we are being realistic. On paper it looks easy to grow weed, in reality it’s a very demanding plant with changing nutritional needs depending on its growth cycle. It’s good you are back to the drawing board.

Best of luck, hope you can work your way out of debt.

Hi Difficult,

Say you get lucky and every seed germinates then produces the maximum. Still you failed to consider the law of the harvest, wet weight versus dry weight. If you harvest 10 lbs of weed - when it’s cured out it will only weigh 2.5 lbs. So to reach your goal of selling 10 pounds you are now tasked with growing and harvesting over 40 lbs. Bet you didn’t see that one coming? Every seasoned grower knows this fact.

About the trimmings from defoliation and training sessions... these trimming are cut before the plant is producing THC, these trimmings are only good for a speedy headache - they are not worth cash money. Anyone who buys or smokes this is going to be totally pissed off.

Whether you succeed or fail, it’s not going to impact anyone here, but it will definitely impact you, your family, your freedom. It’s easy to say you are not naive... but here are very experienced growers telling you otherwise and it’s taken 6 pages for you to grasp they are correct. We are not trying to slam you - but we are being realistic. On paper it looks easy to grow weed, in reality it’s a very demanding plant with changing nutritional needs depending on its growth cycle.

Best of luck, hope you can work your way out of debt.

I doubt he see anything coming

Hi Thanks again for taking your time to read and go through my post and replying clearly to it.

Its now clear to my mind that data provided by seeds bank are data resulting to an optimum controlled environment. Thats one of the reasons why I started this thread because 10lbs under a small area was mathematically possible as per these data. I may seems naive but trust that Im not! I do read and go through all the members comments and do take all your prevention advise into considerations.

For your answers yes I will defoliate and the leaves will also be sold since the buds cost a lot in the country theres a market(leaves cost around 30% the bud price=200usd/oz) for it.

The trimming is not an issue since I can deliver the bud for it to be processed by the third party.(this was in the case I opted for the 10lbs) But since everyone told me to start small I might end up process it myself( I want to do it only once and might not do it at all for that reason.)

Concerning electrical issues there might be outage only once or twice in a year for a really short period of time.
In the case it hermie I hope to prevent it from pollinating my whole crop by getting it out of it. Concerning hermies, smells, heat and humidity issues in case of outage these are one of the many risk that may happen out of misfortune since I would have taken all the precaution to install the right inline blower, fan,AC, all my metering devices before getting my the project on.

Once again for the underground market I assure you that I will not have to take care of it at all. Waiting to get the money back also is not an issue.

Investing a for a big project is not an issue but being stealth having a low electricity bill is. I know you all want me to start small but to be short I prefer not do it at all(for the moment). Because as per what I want to invest getting a low yield back is not enough to keep me in positive figures and is not worth it.

My one time solution:
Continue working on all my legal business, keep my cash flow on and keep paying all my fix charges for the moment. In the long run(if I still want to do it) convert one of my business in a commercial business with high level electricity usage to get rid of suspicion concerning high electricity bills.

Ok, well, desperate situations and all that...(I sense something of the gambler's impulse throughout your narrative...).

Just a couple of last things before taking my leave of the situation, having provided my last two cents:

1. @013 makes a crucial point about wet vs dry weight that you MUST take into account.

2. It is TOTAL consensus among ALL the respondents to your query here that particularly as a totally inexperienced grower you will NOT reach your 10lb benchmark (I have been growing for just over 3 years myself, and have 6-8 grows under my belt, depending on how you count them. Each one has been a tremendous learning experience and an improvement over the previous, but I still only get "good" yields of just shy of an ounce per ft2, not "great" yields of 2oz in the same). Couple this with the fact that you now appear to be somehow in bed with the processing infrastructure of a much larger criminal enterprise, which raises the question of what consequences will stem from failing to fulfill the promise of this volume. Prison might be the least of your worries.

3. Related to the latter, the only way this might work (which it probably won't) is for you to bring on an extremely knowledgable grower already dialed in to the genetics of a strain or set of strains, leave the day-to-day to them, and basically just provide the space for a grow. You just keep doing what you do as a renter/landlord/businessman/whatever.

4. You report having an image of a clean-cut, non-drinking/carousing, wholesome, upstanding citizen and businessman. The fact that this would even seem like a point in you favor is less a reflection of your socio-political standing, and more an indication of just how carefully you are monitored by the powers that be. Altogether, what I am gathering is a situation in which you are (a) under tremendous pressure from debtors, (b) making completely untenable commitments to a sizable criminal organization, (c) assuming naively that necessary changes to the rhythms and habits of your day-to-day behavior in the interest of farming a great deal of pot won't seem at odds with whatever lifestyle habits you feel secured your identity as an upstanding citizen to law enforcement.

I see either handcuffs or cement shoes in your future, my friend. Find another way.

Vesti...OUT!

OP....this sounds like a bad idea all around, especially in a rental house. What if something breaks or the landlord wants to view THEIR property or do maintenance? They will see and smell your grow operation and you'll be toast.

I grow in my house, one tent for personal use, and I shit myself anytime a plumber or electrician or some one needs to come into the house. Luckily one tent is easy to hide but a whole room is not. And it's not your house!! In America the landlord can enter their property at any time......should be a major concern for you

OP....this sounds like a bad idea all around, especially in a rental house. What if something breaks or the landlord wants to view THEIR property or do maintenance? They will see and smell your grow operation and you'll be toast.

I grow in my house, one tent for personal use, and I shit myself anytime a plumber or electrician or some one needs to come into the house. Luckily one tent is easy to hide but a whole room is not. And it's not your house!! In America the landlord can enter their property at any time......should be a major concern for you
@difficulttofindone01 has had 6 pages of warning. If he / or she has the brains to still think he/she can make it. Well he/she gets what he/she gets.
Clearly this individual as no respect for the OG's of growing. To think this can been done proves how ignorant you are.
I have to admit tho, This entertainment has been most appreciated during my day.

My one time solution:

So glad you decided not to do this. Growing is a joy and privilege for me. I enjoy my own product. Otherwise, I wouldn’t do it.

@difficulttofindone01

As an amatuer grower. I highly recommend not to target 10lb right off the start. I am on ju 3rd grow now. And going slowly im increasing my quality and yield.

First grow in a 4x4 tent was roughly 8oz on 4 plants. The quality was pathetic.

My second grow was substantially better, but I lost 2 plants. It will happen. 2 plants yielded 9oz of much more potent. And after curing it was one of the most enjoyable smokes I've had.

Now im on my 3rd grow. Germinated 5, 4 survived. Its a new pheno type but everything is looking healthy. I am hoping to hit the 1lbs grow. Once I am good with that, I intend to go perpetual. Get myself to 1lb every couple of months. The success of this is to minimize attention. People like earners. Instead of a 1 time 10lb harvest, you could be doing 12x1lbs harvest. Keep growing smaller amounts also keeps product fresh

It sounded from his last post that we’ve finally talked him out of it, at least for the time being. (I am sure he’s a man because a woman wouldn’t even consider this.)
Lol I dont know. I imagine some woman are capable of considering this
:hookah:

Lol I dont know. I imagine some woman are capable of considering this
:hookah:
Yeah there have been female serial killers as well, but statistically speaking...

In any case, I’m not sure why anyone would choose cannabis for this type of “one and done” kind of deal, where production takes months.

If you’re buying illegal equipment, etc., with bitcoin, why not make meth? Not that I’m advocating for this, but it would be a lot quicker and if the drug laws are so draconian, it’s bound to be worth a lot in his country as well.

"You guys silly? I'm still going to send it." Comes to mind here. I personally like the ambition of the OP. I know the numbers 10lbs and $800 an ounce were thrown around, $128k in debit is nothing to F with. I'm not sure how much you expect to go into debit for this one time shot grow but it won't be cheap. Your ROI on your equipment will be crap since you're buying for a single grow but who gives a rip if it gets you out of your debit. You'll probably want to recruit 1 or 2 people to help you because it will be alot (impossible) to manage even if you are working on the grow full time. I highly suggest you have someone live at the grow house full time to monitor your investment, too much to risk not too. Look into cloning and SoG grows to make it easier, no time spent training/trimming, just transplant, veg a few weeks and flip them. You will need to grow more plants, need more space, and therefore more equipment but you're already $128k in debit, a few thousand is just a drop in the bucket at this point. You have a slim probability of getting it to all come together for a successful grow but I can't resist a good thriller.

"You guys silly? I'm still going to send it." Comes to mind here. I personally like the ambition of the OP. I know the numbers 10lbs and $800 an ounce were thrown around, $128k in debit is nothing to F with. I'm not sure how much you expect to go into debit for this one time shot grow but it won't be cheap. Your ROI on your equipment will be crap since you're buying for a single grow but who gives a rip if it gets you out of your debit. You'll probably want to recruit 1 or 2 people to help you because it will be alot (impossible) to manage even if you are working on the grow full time. I highly suggest you have someone live at the grow house full time to monitor your investment, too much to risk not too. Look into cloning and SoG grows to make it easier, no time spent training/trimming, just transplant, veg a few weeks and flip them. You will need to grow more plants, need more space, and therefore more equipment but you're already $128k in debit, a few thousand is just a drop in the bucket at this point. You have a slim probability of getting it to all come together for a successful grow but I can't resist a good thriller.
To be honest, if he was planning an outdoor grow, I wouldn’t think 10 pounds was so impossible, at least from the agronomic perspective. I ended up with about 3 pounds from 4 plants last year despite serious weather problems that forced early harvest. I gave almost all of it away and now I’m purposely growing smaller plants because I can’t deal with all the pruning and it’s more than I need.

However, an outdoor guerilla grow would probably fail to provide enough direct sun to get this type of yield, while exposing this guy to way more risks. But for anyone who can grow outdoor, it’s really a lot easier to generate a lot of bud. My plants averaged like 7 feet tall by the time days were short enough to flower and soon enough the branches were straining from the weight. And it was my first year growing cannabis. That’s not something that’s super easy to hide, though.

My one time solution:

A suggestion in the meantime? Try growing some. Start small.
Like with one (1) plant.
One... a nice simple round number. You would face a lot of the same challenges you would with your 10 pound grow -only smaller obviously. Sprouting seeds, grow room design, lighting, ventilation, feeding, odor control, general stealth, and too many other things to list. If (god forbid :eek:) the grow doesn’t go like clockwork and the result isn’t perfect, or even you get busted- well it’s just one plant.

Or skip this silly pot growing idea and just do something else instead.....I mean... what would your grandma think of this idea? Grandmas always have good advice.

why not make meth?

it’s bound to be worth a lot

I agree with everyone else, high hopes for a new grower. I would start small n learn to walk before you run. With that being said I think a few things are being exaggerated a bit.
120sq ft scrog canopy space for flower
6 1000w HPS
Ventilation
Air conditioning
With proper nutrition, lighting and proper environment theres your 10 lbs. Dont know what your electrical rates are but where I live it'd cost $300 a month in electricity.
Not much for veg waste, maybe a 5 gallon bucket full wet. 2 more 5 gallon buckets of waste after harvest.
10 lbs can be harvested n trimmed in 10 days by 1 person.

Back
Top Bottom