Ware-house light conversion

miwa

This is for members with dome reflectors in their Gardens...as we know more light comes from the side of bulbs than the end...by modifying the dome and mounting the bulb horizontally to the plant..more light is achieved...1st the tools you will need...
P101000331.JPG
my light complete...
P101000737.JPG
separate dome from fixture...
P101000927.JPG
trace line with marking pen..
P101001034.JPG
using cutting tool (MAKE SURE YOU WEAR SAFETY GLASSES AND GLOVES) cut along line..actually cutting dome in half
P101001135.JPG
replace dome on fixture...mount light horizontal...HAVE A GOOD GROW..
P101001428.JPG
P101001528.JPG

Hey Miwa, some bulbs don't like to be used in "the other" position. Some specify vertical or horizontal. You may have early bulb failure. Also the top of the bulb is still getting "aimed" by the reflector in a horizontal direction not down. I do like the "outside the box thinking" though.

plus reps

Hey Miwa, some bulbs don't like to be used in "the other" position. Some specify vertical or horizontal. You may have early bulb failure. Also the top of the bulb is still getting "aimed" by the reflector in a horizontal direction not down. I do like the "outside the box thinking" though.

plus reps

Thanks OG ...i did'nt take it all the way...so medi forgot what i was doing...or i did it on purpose to get a comment...ever get high and bored...about that reflector...its made of high grade alum...it bends easy...the bulb i have is a universal...i see you are on top of things...those are the same two questions i would have asked...:welldone:

Cool.....the low bay ones work pretty good as is as far as light pattern/footprint. You may want some vert bulbs down between the plants anyways......see Mr Smiths grows.....

hey man this is cool. did you ever consider taking the half you removed and attaching it to the other side of the half you left? like attaching edge to edge to have a full dome above the bulb on the one side. i would think that would help reflect more light downward

whtup TREEZZZ...can't picture how you mean...i have light mounted..plants in rm,,in dark period...will post pics in my jour tonight...:thanks:

Nice work miwa remember not to operate fast spinning tools wile under the influence! :)

How come you didnt like it as a parabolic, parabolics are excelent for veg?

Oh man...i keep a death grip on spinning tools...those reflectors are ok ...i just didn't like the position of the bulb...i wanted light from the side of the bulb...:thumb:

hey man this is cool. did you ever consider taking the half you removed and attaching it to the other side of the half you left? like attaching edge to edge to have a full dome above the bulb on the one side. i would think that would help reflect more light downward

Exactly what I was thinking lol. :thumb:

Miwa, when the clones get new light green growth, it means they have roots, then it is safe to bring them out of the humidity tank.

Back
Top Bottom