It was showing roots beneath the rockwool when it was set into coco. My fault for thinking I was cocky enough to try coco as a new media.

After all, Bubbleponics only needs, water, nutes, an air stone and light. With each bucket having its own 150sq-in pm, air pump and 4in, flathead stone, and custom made, daily water level monitoring system, the levels are always highly oxygenated and within tolerance...

When compared to the stickweed, my OG Kush auto is nearly as weird because it also started flowering at just a few inches tall however, it's acting more like a true autoflowering Kush 2 ft tall at 12 weeks...

I was considering bowl training but I now know better than to screw with mother nature... at the bottom, is another auto (Quebec Gold) at 17 inch and 9 weeks.

So I'm skirting disaster with these and likely the few in the nursery now.

IMG_20190718_205701.jpg
IMG_20190718_205756.jpg
IMG_20190718_205720.jpg

IMG_20190718_210802.jpg

I'm still trying to get an even and consistent recipe for the nutes to furnish a good 5 gallon mix 750/800 ppm. Then feed each plant the same food but only diluted to their size, age and stage after the roots are established. With the big CBD getting more than 3/4 of full (as above).

As for learning about the chemistry of nutrients; Im relying on the labels (minus 25 percent) because I was taught in here that with nutrients; "less is best".

If chemistry is fucking me up, then that's one in the loss column! My life is in to much of a busy tangle to Google about botanical nutrition science. 《;-)

Fact is, my plants eat a helluva better than me...

Auto's probably need less so maybe I'm over feeding!?! I'll cut back a bit more. After seeing the results of this photoperiod, my future with autoflowering is gonna need to be evaluated by balancing the books.

Question. You mentioned nitrogen burn. Could my mix of flora- grow and bloom

I use general hydroponics trio. Should I stop "grow" and introduce "bloom", or just use both?

I've been using both but in a 50/50 of each method. It obviously works out OK for the photo but maybe the combination holds too much nitrogen for the auto's? (over my head stuff).

A rough approximation is one part Grow, two parts Micro, and three parts Bloom during flowering.

What I'm using for three US gal is 1 tsp Grow, 2 tsp Micro, and 3 tsp Bloom.

I'm in Canada, and use the metric system, so this is as simple as I can make it for you.

I just about understand the A B C's and now the 1 2 3's. Im logging it in my IM texting to myself. And making a new, modified chart later.

Note To Self:
(Don't worry self, you can always use calculator) lol

The crazy never ends with Skid Row Closet Grow.

I decided to finish off all my autoflowering beans to offset the next batch of photoperiod I'm contemplating (Hawaiian, or something like it, sounds good). Three of 7 didn't germinate or crack (this time it was too late to score/scratch them). However; one of damn things actually tried to sprout "upside down"! At first I though it was another headless sprout so I flipped it to see if she likes it "missionary style" instead of 69!.. I think I was just in time; She's just a little pale with a short taproot.

It was a comical switch from my usual bad luck stories...

I'm still trying to get an even and consistent recipe for the nutes to furnish a good 5 gallon mix 750/800 ppm. Then feed each plant the same food but only diluted to their size, age and stage after the roots are established. With the big CBD getting more than 3/4 of full (as above).

As for learning about the chemistry of nutrients; Im relying on the labels (minus 25 percent) because I was taught in here that with nutrients; "less is best".

If chemistry is fucking me up, then that's one in the loss column! My life is in to much of a busy tangle to Google about botanical nutrition science. 《;-)

Fact is, my plants eat a helluva better than me...
Use the ppm meter to tell you how strong to make it mate. If the numbers going up it's too strong. If it's dropping more than a little it's too weak.
Magic number for the auto will be around 350 plus your water .
Wee bit calmag if it's needed, some bloom nutes and a pk boost if you've got it.
Your 800 should be about spot on for the bigger ones though. Maybe slightly too high but only just. 600-650 I'd say to get it on the drop.

For next time, to keep em sweet all the way through. The easiest way is to start at 200ppm. After a week or 2 the ppm will start dropping so go up by 50%.
Couple weeks later once it starts dropping again go up 50% again.

Keep your eyes peeled for the bottoms going yellow and that's about all you should have to worry about.
If you do it that way there's no chance of any tox problems and literally the only thing that should happen is the bottoms going yellow occasionally . In which case, as always, go up 50%.

All there is to it mate. You don't need to know the rest.
Use veg nutes for veg.
Bloom nutes for bloom.
5.7 for veg, 6.3 for bloom.
Don't feed them vodka.
Oh yeah, and if you keep the ppm just dropping aswell, the pH behaves itself. Shouldn't ever go out of range before top up/ Res change is required. Saves lots of pissing about :)

Thanks. That's alot to take in! I'll try again when I'm not high. Lol.

I am giving all the auto's a healthy mix of nutes (including Hydroguard) and each individual/s plants have their own approximate required dilution (again by size and age and even how theroots are faring)

To make room for the nursery tent, the scrawny little stickweed auto Russian Roulette had to be sacrificed. But, the 3/4 GRAM it furnished is so good it pissed me off. It's definitely a good midday buzz.

I still hear ya penny. The upcoming batch of auto's is where the advice from these past couple days will need better investigation.

My method's are always geared for the impoverished closet size growing.

Just right now I'm anticipating the harvest of this giant CBD so i can move on to harvest this entire grow by the winter planting adventure; leading me right back to SQUARE ONE (1'st anniversary of starting this is in Feb.

Out of necessity I culled a minor size mature branch couple days ago then spent 2 days quick drying then processed about 5 or 6 grams of some 1 good toke "knock me down" Indica CBD. Once properly harvested, I'm hoping for a couple hundred grams. But it's really strong so even less will last me.

It's a good feeling knowing that there's something I grew, definatly not all by myself (thanks to 420) is probably as potent as the dispensaries best products.

Back
Top Bottom