That photo gold is on 12/12 and each light has a separate timer required by my remodel. Lights now hung from the ceiling (the sky's the limit).

But being single rope hangers, the lamps will dangle at the mercy of the twisting of the cord it's hanging on. The lights wanna find their own position or angles. But, you've probably already guessed- I HAVE A MAGUIVER for that. I never watched but 1 or 2 shows and thought he was just too prone to BS situations!! But with simple stuff it makes perfect sense.. Like sometimes a piece of duct tape can serve as a fender for the moon rover. (now that was a real MAGUIVER)!!!!

This Chemdawg seedling is starting to worry me being 3 weeks since it was big enough for the rockwool. I probably stunted it by using the wrong cube and roots are struggling, especially since this is what the roots looked like before I (as stoned as I was) stuffed it into the unprepared rockwool. It isn't developing a trunk either. I just put her in a boot to prop it upright (all 2.5 inches of it!).

If it don't start popping up real soon, I'm gonna germ the last dawg and see one in real action. I'll do it sober the next time.

IMG_20190915_165609.jpg
IMG_20190915_165215.jpg

That photo gold is on 12/12 and each light has a separate timer required by my remodel. Lights now hung from the ceiling (the sky's the limit).

But being single rope hangers, the lamps will dangle at the mercy of the twisting of the cord it's hanging on. The lights wanna find their own position or angles. But, you've probably already guessed- I HAVE A MAGUIVER for that. I never watched but 1 or 2 shows and thought he was just too prone to BS situations!! But with simple stuff it makes perfect sense.. Like sometimes a piece of duct tape can serve as a fender for the moon rover. (now that was a real MAGUIVER)!!!!

This Chemdawg seedling is starting to worry me being 3 weeks since it was big enough for the rockwool. I probably stunted it by using the wrong cube and roots are struggling, especially since this is what the roots looked like before I (as stoned as I was) stuffed it into the unprepared rockwool. It isn't developing a trunk either. I just put her in a boot to prop it upright (all 2.5 inches of it!).

If it don't start popping up real soon, I'm gonna germ the last dawg and see one in real action. I'll do it sober the next time.

IMG_20190915_165609.jpg
IMG_20190915_165215.jpg

It looks like it just needs a little time. You've got roots, and they'll grow.

As you suggested the bucket of 2 gallons is fused with about 2 ml of hydroponics grow in proper ph 5.5ish. Nutes at ab650

I think I'll screw up if i jump the gun with more nutes.

As you suggested the bucket of 2 gallons is fused with about 2 ml of hydroponics grow in proper ph 5.5ish. Nutes at ab650

I think I'll screw up if i jump the gun with more nutes.

I'm in full agreement with Pennywise. They say pH for hydroponics should be between 5.5 and 6.5. At 5.5, calcium and magnesium are pretty much locked out. At 6.5, phosphorus, boron, and mangenese are pretty much locked out. Varying the pH between 5.8 and 6.2 allows the plants to use all the nutrients.

Google 'Hydroponic pH Chart,' and look at the blue chart put out by GWE. It should be one of the first images.

Will definitely try. Fo me the ph is the most difficult chemical in the arsenal to formulate. Somebody told me waaaay back in the big bang era, the word was between 5.5 and 6.0

I am still lacking in the science of these nutes and exactly how each of em work. I've only been following that recipe and diluting the mix to suit each plant (seedlings are exempt and get bare minimum that is achieved with a little "grow" and a few drops of GH Rapid Start.

I have a tap water of +/- 7 ph and still am ph balancing a 5 gallon bucket at a throw and still ph down it 1ml at a time . If I knew exactly what it takes to bring 7+ down to exactly 6.0 then I'll gladly use it. It's like my taking insulin; like a roller coaster ride, down too much then up too much till its finally in the goldilocks zone...

I use dropper bottles for pH up and down. In bloom, I need about 20 drops to bring it up to 6.2. I start with 12, then measure every 2-4 drops.

For mixing my nutrients I use a long-handled spoon I bought at a wine-making store. I drilled a bunch of 3/8" holes in it for better mixing action. I stir well while measuring pH changes, until the reading stabilizes.

I premix in a 5gal res about twice a week! With a 5gal of well aerating water sitting right there until needed. Its this tap water res that gives me the balancing act! After that's fixed I air it until the nutrients res is redone. And after about 8 or so hours later premixing nutes, by the next day it settles down to 5.5/6.0

So the 5 gal tap is already balanced before the nutrient res is redone.

The top bucket is tap and the lower is premixed nutes wit 6.0 so I'm not gonna figit with it....

One thing I practice religiously is sterilizing everything with hot water and a squirt of bleach that is used and emptied, in ready for the next water changes. The water res becomes the nutrient res when there's still just under a quart and it flushed and cleaned, filled with tap and the rotation goes on that way F O R E V E R.

What's this about droppers? I use 10ml droppers and 16 oz bottles in a 6 pack beer case. I bought the bottles by the dozen. The droppers 8pk.

Attachments

• IMG_20190915_204248.jpg
    IMG_20190915_204248.jpg
    549.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20190915_204332.jpg
    IMG_20190915_204332.jpg
    806 KB · Views: 7
I buy by the quart, and put it into dropper bottles to use. I have them at full strength for 3-5 gal batches, and 10% for 1-4 qt batches.

full

Ready Use Locker - pH Up/Down at End of Row with pH Buffer #7

It's been really long ago someone said 5.5 to 6.0 and I wrote it down. But, I just changed it to 5.8/6.2

Hope it wasn't too detrimental to them.

It's been really long ago someone said 5.5 to 6.0 and I wrote it down. But, I just changed it to 5.8/6.2

Hope it wasn't too detrimental to them.

It shouldn't have done much damage.

With 'bubbleponics,' I've been told there is pH drift due to the air bubbling through the nutrient solution. Have you tracked the pH of the solution when you put it in the reservoir and when you empty it for each stage of growth? If the pH drops from start to finish, then shoot for pH of 6.1 - 6.2 when you mix it. If it rises, shoot for a pH of 5.8 to 5.9. The drift will take it to the other end.

If you check your pH daily, don't change it until it goes beyond these values. For example, if you start with a pH of 5.8, don't change the pH until it reaches 6.3 (or higher), and then bring it back down to 5.8. This strategy ensures the plant can grab what it needs from each batch of the nutrient solution.

When both reservoirs are prepared in advance I kept both as close to 5.5 6.0 as I could. Both 5gal res of water and nutes are consumed every 3/5 days and full water changes every Friday/Saturday (about10gals of nutrients a week right now). The nutrient res is never fully empties (* the bottom of the barrel, where some solids accumulate gets flushed). Then is sterilized every time then it's refilled to replace the aerating tap res. Then the clean water res becomes the new nutrient res. Like rotating the fresh milk to the front!

I haven't altered this routine since the Bubbleponic began this spring.

Once I get the ph balance mastered, it'll help my routine greatly.

I also try to remember getting a ph/ppm reading midway between water changes. Depends how high I am...

Simple routines I shouldn't be too complacent with. Things are still new to me and little mistakes can seriously alter my end aims.

There's just a lot to learn and too few brain cells to work with; which is why I stare into the 420 abyss and this here collective brain!
:high-five:

My ph would always rise over time so I would set it at 5.5-5.6 and let it climb. The plants will uptake all nutrients no problem. I’d let it get up to 6.5 then change the Rez. Just have to establish whether your ph climbs up or drifts down.

Back
Top Bottom