Warshade's Northern Lights ScrOG - Advanced LED - Hydro

Warshade

Hey there everyone! This is going to be my very first grow, so I am pretty excited!

That being said, here are the details:

Strain: Northern Lights [Nirvana]
Primary Training Method: ScrOG
Tent: Secret Jardin DR120 [4'x4'x7']
Lighting: Advanced DS100 [x4]
Hydro: Oxyponics Pro 6 [StealthHydro]
Nutes: Blue Planet Nutrition [3 part w/ Liquid Blue Bloom Booster]
Started: 4/17/2012 [from seed]
Water: RO @ 5.5PH
Temp: 81f
RH: 53%
CO2: Exhale bag

I started the seeds in rockwool, as per Mandala Seeds, on 4/17/2012, and they sprouted yesterday (4/21/2012), and I am using <1/10th strength BPN Micro/Grow/Bloom. (As you can see in the first pic, I have the screen pulled back for the time being, but once the ladies put on some height I will fix it back in place.

Here are some pics that I took after first turning on the lights, (which I am only using the veg switches currently, and I will switch to full spectrum starting next week.) Also, I am using a fairly cheap camera currently, so please forgive the less than stellar pic quality:

Grow Area:
P10200663.JPG

Seedlings:
P1020071.png

P1020069.png

P1020068.png

P1020067.png

Hygro:
P10200721.JPG

^The tent was open for a bit while I was taking pictures, etc., so the RH is showing lower than it usually is.

Come follow me on this double-green grow adventure, and please feel free to offer any advice that you see fit, (as it is my first grow after all.) :Namaste:

Re: Warshade's Northern Lights ScrOG - (Advanced LED, BPN, hydro)

great set up man. pretty impressive. i would suggest bringing the temp down about 5 degrees to around 74-76. also, with that awesome hydro kit you're going to need to switch them to 12/12 maybe a week after first contact with the screen. or else that'll be a naughty jungle of love

Thanks guys! :D

great set up man. pretty impressive. i would suggest bringing the temp down about 5 degrees to around 74-76. also, with that awesome hydro kit you're going to need to switch them to 12/12 maybe a week after first contact with the screen. or else that'll be a naughty jungle of love
I was under the impression that you want temps @ 80-85f when using CO2, no?

Co2 is based on stomata pores on the underside of the leaf being open. The optimum temp for a co2 enriched enviroment will be anywhere from 80-90 degrees. if your using a ton of co2 one can run in the 90's but you will most certainly enter a phase when the heat becomes a issue to deal with. Mid 80's for the 'lit' hours with good co2 enrichment is advised...lettingthe co2 turn off at night and letting temps hit the 70's is always nice for the 'down time'. :thumb: The temp of 85 is optimal for the best exchange of co2 and oxygen through stomata making chlorophyll synthesis faster which makes the growth faster! Keep up the good work!:goodluck:

Co2 is based on stomata pores on the underside of the leaf being open. The optimum temp for a co2 enriched enviroment will be anywhere from 80-90 degrees. if your using a ton of co2 one can run in the 90's but you will most certainly enter a phase when the heat becomes a issue to deal with. Mid 80's for the 'lit' hours with good co2 enrichment is advised...lettingthe co2 turn off at night and letting temps hit the 70's is always nice for the 'down time'. :thumb: The temp of 85 is optimal for the best exchange of co2 and oxygen through stomata making chlorophyll synthesis faster which makes the growth faster! Keep up the good work!:goodluck:
Well, I am not able to "turn off" the CO2 (unless I remove it) as I am using a bag of Exhale. That being said, temps are pretty stable at 81-82f with lights on all day, but if you think it wise, I can turn on the exhaust fan and open a lower vent to drop temps to 70-73f during the evenings if you think that this would be an advantage.

How many bags? Do you know the amount of co2 in the room? there are formulas to help with temp if you know.....and its no biggie if you can't stop the co2 it just is not useful in the dark or so the theory goes. I do homemade fermentation solutions which also can't turn off so I understand. I was mentioning it in case you had a tank and timer set up! :goodluck:

I have heard the Exhale bags are minimal releases and it takes a number of bags...I think low to mid 80's is where I'd keep the room in the 'lit' hours.

OOPS!! First post should read May dates...NOT April dates. I fail so bad, haha... :oops:

Anyway, I got a better handle on my wife's camera and was able to take slightly more respectable pictures.

Starting with the smallest:
4-23-2012b.jpg

4-23-2012a.png

4-23-2012c.jpg

4-23-2012d.jpg

------------

Side Note #1: PH shot up quite a bit over the last 36 hours, from 5.8 to 7.5...not sure why, maybe I didn't soak the hydroton long enough?

Side Note #2: I decided to start a 5th Northern Lights seed. I think I want to try an outside grow at the same time, (and if it gets eaten/stolen/killed, it gets eaten/stolen/killed.)

aww look at the little babies theyre so cute :high-five: Awesome setup man

Thanks Old Wolf! :high-five:

Things are looking good this morning as well, PH still went up a bit more, so I had to add some more PH down, but other than that the girls look quite healthy. :)

---------------------

Room Temp: 82F (Using CO2, otherwise it'd be 73-75F.)
Res. Temp: 78F
RH: 55%
PH: 7.2
PPM: <100

5/25/2012 - Day 8 from seed

Well, I am still having trouble stabilizing pH with the SH pH Down/Up [Organic], (pH was @ 7.8 again this morning), so I think I may perform a res change later today, or tomorrow, using GH ph Down/Up as my pH adjuster.

That being said, the girls have started their second set of true leaves:

5-25-2012b.jpg

5-25-2012a.jpg

5-25-2012c.jpg

5-25-2012d.jpg

5/26/2012 - Update

Ok guys, reservoir has been changed! Nute solution is @ approx 300ppm, and pH is stable at about 5.8-6.0 (depending on meter), and temps/RH are same as usual.

Now on to the pics!

I decided a couple of days ago to pop another seed (via rockwool cube) and place it in soil after it popped, so you'll see it below:

5-26-2012-tent.jpg

5-26-2012e.jpg

5-26-2012a.jpg

5-26-2012b.jpg

5-26-2012c.jpg

5-26-2012d.jpg

5/28/2012 - Day 11 from seed

Good morning everyone! Just a little update with some pics:

pH: 5.9 - 6.1
RH: 55%
temp: 81F
res temp: 77F
solution: ~300ppm

5-28-2012a.jpg

5-28-2012b.jpg

5-28-2012c.jpg

5-28-2012d.jpg

...and let's not forget the girl I put in soil a few days ago:

5-28-2012e.jpg

5/31/2012 - Day 14 from seed

Okay, pH is now under control, but temps are becoming an issue, (as I recently turned the lights to full blast). Yesterday I had a peak room temp of 88˚f, and res temp of 79˚f. Since then I have managed to keep room temps closer to 82˚-85˚f (while maintaining the humidity & CO2 levels), and I have res temp currently at 74˚f. I also added some cut-out paper plates to the buckets in an attempt to reflect some of the light/heat away from each site, hoping this will contribute towards a lower root-zone temp.

Actually...here:

pH: 5.4
RH: 54%
temp: 82˚-85˚f
res temp: 74˚f
solution: >200ppm

5-31-2012a.jpg

5-31-2012b.jpg

5-31-2012c.jpg

5-31-2012d.jpg

5-31-2012e.jpg

In the process of making a DIY reservoir chiller, (as a couple of the plants look a bit stressed...probably a combination of the early pH flux, and the more recent root-zone temp increase). I will put up pics when I get the last piece, (25' of SS brake line.) :)

wow. something happened in the aero cloner lol. yesterday everything seemed fine. today, the water is a dark gray sludge (cant see through) and smells FOUL. emergency soaking some jiffy pots to get these clones transferred on my lunch break. must order airpots later today =]

hoping these clones arent diseased or something now

^ Wrong thread methinks... :hmmmm:

Oops ya I was reading your thread I guess when I went to check on the cloner.. that should have been in mine haha. I'm enjoying reading your grow though.

Back
Top Bottom