Wasn't thinking!

grannyT

First time to get to flowering stage and is bagseed so I wasn't thinking it would be so good.
Anyway when it got to preflower I saw it was female. Well I realized it must be some good cause its real frosty and smells like lemon . Now it's 5 weeks since lights changed, is it too late to clone ??
Or harvest then try to put it back veg. I have no idea how to do that....What should I do ? Or can it even be put back into veg ? Just would like to have some more of this cause I don't have anymore seeds.

Re: Wasn't thinking !

Nope, you can still clone. It's a little tougher, but lots of people do it. You can also reveg the flowering one after harvest.

:thumb:

use the lower/lowest branches to make your clones from

You can take cuttings from your plant in flower to clone your plant. Cuttings taken in flower will take longer to root then cuttings taken from a plant in vegetative growth. Cuttings taken in flower will take more time to re vegetate and begin growing again.

Revegging is a piece o' cake, Granny - you just have to wait forever for your next plant.

I have a Super Lemon Haze that I revegged. The first harvest was at 87 days, it's now 223 days old - back in flower - and it should finish around 260 days. You might want to take a stab at rooting one of your shaded lower branches. If it works, you won't have to wait so long.

hey i remember reading that if you take clones from flowering plants they are supposed to branch out like crazy, i think they called it monster cropping id like to hear if you get some crazy bushey growth going on :thumb:

I will let you know....I'm afraid I've waited too long to clone this plant, it's been flowering for 5 weeks...I'm gonna research monster cropping. Thanks greener grass for the info.
grannyT.

It will root just fine. It may just take longer to root. It will get ugly at first. But, it will grow and be just fine. I would take a few cuttings now and root and then after harvest if you still want to you can re-veg the entire plant. Just leave a few of the smaller buds on the left over branches and put back into 18/6. After it is fully re-vegging again you may want to put in a larger pot. Your roots will have hopefully filled the pot they are in now and they should continue to grow while vegging. Here are a couple pics of a couple of Cinex that were cloned during flower.

0081007.JPG
0071113.JPG

The first pic shows the two clones that were taken at the same time. They were roughly the same size at cutting. They were put into soil at the same time with the same amount of roots. It's pretty easy to see that they can take a long time to get going well. You may see single fingered leaves, even numbered fingers on leaves or weird curly leaves. It's all good. After it gets going real well trim off all of the unsightly growth around the stalk. Some of it will probably grow back. My lights will come on in a few so I will get a pic of them as they stand now.

0011638.JPG
0041478.JPG

In the last pic the Cinex is the plant with the black pot edge just to the right of the upside down trash can. It's kinda difficult to see the date in the first pick but it took a little over 2 months for the little one to grow to less than a foot tall. The larger one is 21/2" or so. So, they can be very unpredictable. And I have not manipulated either plant in any way. That's just how they grew although their mother was pretty branchy herself!

Thanks for asking GG....Been knowing since end Jan that I had surgery scheduled for March 19 so didn't know what to do. I knew I would be recuperating away from home for a couple of weeks and have no one I trust to help me out with taking care while I'm gone. So what I did was buy a DWC cloner,, it's only hold 2 quarts of water and put a camera on so I could see it from wherever I am. Really worried about water evaporating out...but only was gone for 2 weeks . I just got home yesterday and ready to continue growing these. The roots looking good but plant above looks so pewny. All I have given them is Superthrive and rapid start and they stayed alive all this time (since Jan or Feb.) in that little cloner. Bought Flora series to start them on so today I will give them that and hope they start growing bigger before I transplant. Sorry you ask I Bet!! LoL. ....longwinded..

nice one luckily there was enough water :thumb:
I remember thinking before if it would be possible to make your grow room self sustaining for a few weeks.
if I had the money and the know how you could set up an automatic ph dispenser and a res with a pump on a timer to top up your water you would only have to go into your grow room to train your plants haha:peace:

I agree with raptor a picture would be cool

Back
Top Bottom