Water and lighting

daggaza

Been reading P420's posts and journals. God damn I am jealous, that setup is amazing.

I need some advice. Firstly SA is very backward when it cmes to growing. I have been looking at sodium lamps, but the entry cost is very expensive, in excess of 400 US dollars for the lighting systems. So I am currently setup with a halogen :-( 500watt lamp and soil with two fans. I am looking at getting two addtional flourecent lamps that are 20W ( white light ). The question is will all these three lamps work well indoors, together?

The next question is, the plant is a in its late vegetative state, I need to go away for 7 bloody days, will the poor guy survive the 7 days without water or should I call a buddy for help to come water. Any advice appreciated.

That halogen is a work light and gets way too hot for growing and it is the comepletely wrong spectrum to grow with.If you can't afford proper light likea HID go with fouro tubes or those squggle like energysaving flouro bulbs. As for the water, listen to Carp.

daggaza said:
Been reading P420's posts and journals. God damn I am jealous, that setup is amazing.

I need some advice. Firstly SA is very backward when it cmes to growing. I have been looking at sodium lamps, but the entry cost is very expensive, in excess of 400 US dollars for the lighting systems. So I am currently setup with a halogen :-( 500watt lamp and soil with two fans. I am looking at getting two addtional flourecent lamps that are 20W ( white light ). The question is will all these three lamps work well indoors, together?

The next question is, the plant is a in its late vegetative state, I need to go away for 7 bloody days, will the poor guy survive the 7 days without water or should I call a buddy for help to come water. Any advice appreciated.
try not to use the halogen... not good for the plants... if you can't get an hps of MH, just go out and get a whole bunch of those fluoros...
I think that if you saturate the soil with water, that it'll be fine for 7 days... but you wanna make sure everything's a-ok be4 you go

snugglefunked said:
try not to use the halogen... not good for the plants... if you can't get an hps of MH, just go out and get a whole bunch of those fluoros...
I think that if you saturate the soil with water, that it'll be fine for 7 days... but you wanna make sure everything's a-ok be4 you go

That about covers it. Good response sf. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom