Water chiller!

None don't have one .. if your setup is in a house and if your reservoir is outside your tent or grow room lmk I can tell you how not to have one I didn't have one with a 8x4 tent w 1600w of true power 100gal rdwc setup and did it with 6w of power only....So if your setup is similar I'll be happy to share

My system will be in a garage and will be similar to the current culture, more specifically Gary from PA Hydronics. Yes, the rez will be outside the tent. Please describe how you had the PC fans or better yet a pic "no air pump either " meaning no air pump in the rez?
thanks

I don't have any pics other than what's already on here as there's pry more on here than I have now lol....I used AC infinity usb pc fans cut the hole or holes for the fans and have a exhaust hole on the opposite side of the lid and viola...have the fans point down towards the water like I said it does work best if u have a shallow res like a container vs a Drum but a drum style could work id pry put a bigger fan on it tho could even do a exhaust fan if needed...now by doing the air cooled method it will evap a lil bit of water but not a big deal at all...
And I mean no air pump for the entire system at all...shouldn't that setup u got came with fallponics as in using the return pump to pump into each bucket and does the waterfall method for oxygen in the water vs garbage air stones and for a top off res which u need or well should have u can put a small water pump in it for circulation can do flooming which depends on the water height vs doing like a submersible pump but run it on the outside esp if it runs 247 could always have it on a timer would be best to keep heat down too ..sterile is thee way to go as well..use dry salt nutes too...
U should also insulate those buckets too all u need is the bubble wrap mylar which u can get at any big box stores..esp being in a garage however also depends how well ur garage is insulated itself plus where u live for temps and Temps in ur garage as temp swings is huge esp for rdwc as I wouldn't recommend going above 70f for water temp I mean u can do a few degrees higher but it's running a huuuuge risk plus u loose oxygen in the water w raised temps so it's def not good 68f is ideal for rdwc...ya I sold my rdwc as I got tired of wasting all that water and nutes and constant fear of having a leak as that's all it takes and I would highly recommend u getting a water alarm and app sensor even a few of them even it being a garage and water damage isn't a issue but plants dying are....thee only way I'd do rdwc again is if they had a water reclaimer for dirt cheap so I could recycle all the water and never have to replace it due to a issue or w e...u can just pm me too

I thought about "The Bucket Company" But didn't understand how to get started. Newbie, here I like the simplicity of rez for the nuts that's also why I choose to use Gold Leaf for my main nuts.

So if I understand right, Install a PC fan pointed inside my rez with an exhaust hole a few inches next to it. And I plan to insulate the buckets with Double Reflective Insulation from Home Depot.

Had a fan blowing on my res and could get 2 degrees, even with my garage air conditioned just the 2 .
Yes with proper management this can be done .
My concern was the slime I would get without being below 70.

personally run bacteria and not sterile but it works great for me.

Water says for long time without issue. ( im not one for throwing perfectly mixed nutes away. 25 percent is something I picked up reading about, so every 7-8 days I will remove 25 percent and replace. 7 is better then 35)

Doubling up on the hydroguard and some orca ended the slime and maybe didn’t need the chiller but it was a project I had on the go so once it was incorporated and things really started taking off , I surely wasn’t stopping it.

Did a bit of dabbling with the air , sure tell you the roots that developed once I stopped were a eye opener.

But near the end of my cycle my girls would get a bit droopy, thinking this could be pump I plugged back in .

But perhaps they were just at there max dli for the day.

Really think a few minutes every hour would be tons or a waterfall in the tote a bit to make sure it’s getting mixed and just retire the pump.

Ya I got mine to drop 3-4f I believe it was for the fans I used also depends on ambient air temp too and the res shape as I had one that was like 17in tall and it worked for me but also like I said it also depends on where u live etc not everyone can get by doing it like that it's only good if u only need a few degrees...and if u do run a chiller get a wort chiller or coil for it and run the ss coil in the res do not circulate ur nute water thru the chiller plus u can get by with a small 1/10hp chiller do and much much more sterile and easier to clean and life of the chiller will improve too by just running clean water thru it r/o and a capful of bleach is all u need...as fuck having to clean that chiller every grow and having to use a cup of h2o2 ea time and have it run for a few hours to break up all that nastiness or just run it on a coil much more effecient..and sterile is def the way to go esp for consistency Athena cleanse and h2o2 for the win for rdwc...bennies are absolutely pointless in rdwc as u still need to feed them or ur just adding more organic dead matter into the system bennies are for a media base where fungi can live where they thrive and is in a simbiotic relationship...something they can't do in water culture....and please do not use that gold leaf garbage that shit looks like horse cum not a nutrient and 1 parts are not for cannabis well ya u can grow w them but are u shooting urself in the foot over quality and yield absolutely...check out crop salt for ur rdwc and pick up Athena cleanse and h2o2 w the full crop salt line and call it a day..
Also I wouldn't do a water change unless there was a issue that's it..other than that it's a total waste of water and nutes as ur still always topping off the system w fresh nutes esp for in the top off reservoir so as the plants drink they take up the new nutes too..and don't flush either all it does is loose yield and quality and the most important time...

ya mine was like 4in from the water fan height and only had like 12-14in of water depth too...and yeah using a wort coil or w e u would like to call it is absolutely thee only way to chill a res or system as u could even do the top off and the rdwc system for chilling from one chiller....
. So the top off is crucial too as the plants don't like a constantly changing water level so using a float valve is def the way to go and for top off res u should use gravity to drain it so it will have to be taller than the water level in the buckets I made a kick ass stand out of pvc I believe there's a pic of it on here as it was a killer stand def would recommend it

So I found the pics this was just for my veg setup which it used air stones vs my bloom setup was waterfall only

IMG_20191228_153324.jpg

IMG_20191228_153301.jpg

IMG_20191116_185656.jpg

IMG_20191228_153335.jpg

bennies? "and please do not use that gold leaf garbage that shit looks like horse cum not a nutrient and 1 parts are not for cannabis well ya u can grow w them but are u shooting urself in the foot over quality and yield absolutely." thanks

bennies? "and please do not use that gold leaf garbage that shit looks like horse cum not a nutrient and 1 parts are not for cannabis well ya u can grow w them but are u shooting urself in the foot over quality and yield absolutely." thanks
Not sure who you're quoting but a cheap 2 part powder nutrient that allows you to adjust N is all you need and can get you just as good a harvest as any premix expensive multi part bottled nutrients from the hydro store. Even a 1 part can be dialed in for a decent crop honestly. Most cannabis specific shit is a rip off.

Sorry I was Quoting Indiva710
Ya I got mine to drop 3-4f I believe it was for the fans I used also depends on ambient air temp too and the res shape as I had one that was like 17in tall and it worked for me but also like I said it also depends on where u live etc not everyone can get by doing it like that it's only good if u only need a few degrees...and if u do run a chiller get a wort chiller or coil for it and run the ss coil in the res do not circulate ur nute water thru the chiller plus u can get by with a small 1/10hp chiller do and much much more sterile and easier to clean and life of the chiller will improve too by just running clean water thru it r/o and a capful of bleach is all u need...as fuck having to clean that chiller every grow and having to use a cup of h2o2 ea time and have it run for a few hours to break up all that nastiness or just run it on a coil much more effecient..and sterile is def the way to go esp for consistency Athena cleanse and h2o2 for the win for rdwc...bennies are absolutely pointless in rdwc as u still need to feed them or ur just adding more organic dead matter into the system bennies are for a media base where fungi can live where they thrive and is in a simbiotic relationship...something they can't do in water culture....and please do not use that gold leaf garbage that shit looks like horse cum not a nutrient and 1 parts are not for cannabis well ya u can grow w them but are u shooting urself in the foot over quality and yield absolutely...check out crop salt for ur rdwc and pick up Athena cleanse and h2o2 w the full crop salt line and call it a day..
Also I wouldn't do a water change unless there was a issue that's it..other than that it's a total waste of water and nutes as ur still always topping off the system w fresh nutes esp for in the top off reservoir so as the plants drink they take up the new nutes too..and don't flush either all it does is loose yield and quality and the most important time...

Ya like I said to use crop salt it's cheap and does wonders and have full control over your plants at any time..and every crop is diff as in what it likes and wants.. 2part nutes is just fine but 3parts allows you to fully dial it in to any crop u have and super easy to do either get a emulsion blender or a small portable blender to mix and makes it even easier..dry powder nutes is thee cheapest way to grow period as u get 100% of what you pay for vs liquid where your paying for most water!!!!

Back
Top Bottom