Water Cooled 4x8 Grow Tent 2kw Help

Tokeman1

Hi folks,
I am building a water cooled set up for a first time hydro grow and need some help with the chiller size. My set up basically is the following:
  • 4x8x6' 6" tent in a 10x12x8 bedroom
  • 2 x 1000 hps water cooled lights in tent
  • titan flo in gro 12 site system
  • 50 gallon resevoir for all cooling
  • 6" icebox for AC inside the tent
  • coolcoil system for nutrient resevoir cooling
The hydro res and controller will be outside the tent. I was planning on attaching a panasonic inline fan 440 cfm attached to a phresh charcoal filter scrubber with the icebox at the exhaust end. the tent will have 3 6" oscillating fans inside. The bedroom has a window that opens to a balcony outside. The watercooling reservoir and chiller will be located outside. In the Pacific Northwest so temps during the summer don't get to high.
My veg / clone room is the in a closet in the same room with a 4 ft 8 lamp t5 light. The ballast, environmental control light switches / timers, pumps, etc will all be located outside the tent but inside the bedroom.

So my question concerns my chiller and reservoir size. I am planning on using a 1hp Ecoplus chiller and a 50 gallon reservoir located outside the room on the balcony. Is this going to be enough to keep the tent temp below 80 and the res below 70? I have all my gear except for the chiller and don't wnat to drop that much money only to find out it isnt enough.
Also, I will be adding watercooled CO2 after my first run or two, so I want to make sure I have a chiller that can handle that. The plan is to have a true CGE so I shouldnt need a ton of cooling for the CO2 generator is what I am thinking.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of set up and / or opinions on the commercial grade Ecoplus chillers? Is my resevoir outside big enough? Another thing I am unsure of is if I will need a dehumdifier in the tent with this set up? I have a 208 volt 20 amp circuit and a 15 amp circuit that will be dedicated to the room's electric, and I am concerned that if I have to go over a 1HP chiller that I will be pushing my max load. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Once I finish the build I will start a journal for this grow. Thanks for any help from a great community!

:peace::Namaste::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom