Water Cure, The Members' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey dime you're way too kind but thank you :) I'd have to withdraw and nominate OMM, he should be in the 420 Hall of Fame if they had one.

I'm glad to share what few things I do know, and I seem to learn something new every day. We've got a great group of people here that are happy to support each other, and I think we're all getting better at what we're trying to do. Take care my friend :peace:

Modesty... another trait of a great member! To be honest, I had big plans for OMM, There is a bigger contest coming up next year I thought he would be perfect for.... now we just need to figure out how to get him on the ballot :).

I think we'd have a much better place to live with him in the Oval Office :high-five:

OMM 2012!!!

Day 5

Not much color today and less cloudy. Thinking tomorrow will start drying it out.

WC_8.jpg
WC_9.jpg

Could you use just TAP water if not why?

I'm sure you could use tap but I'm not sure how well it would work compared to pure water, since most tap has a lot of minerals, chlorine, chloramines and unknown parts in it already.

Distilled and RO water has really nothing in it, so it can leach/absorb everything out of the buds and trim better. At least that's my understanding.

:Namaste:

I'm sure you could use tap but I'm not sure how well it would work compared to pure water, since most tap has a lot of minerals, chlorine, chloramines and unknown parts in it already.

Distilled and RO water has really nothing in it, so it can leach/absorb everything out of the buds and trim better. At least that's my understanding.

:Namaste:

I agree dime! It just makes sense to use the purest water you can, you want the stuff leaching out of the plants not being absorbed by them.

Day 7 and the water soaking is finished. Clear water today.

WC_13.jpg
WC_12.jpg

The buds look like wet cats fresh from the water.
WC_1d.jpg

After a few minute of drip drying.
WC_2d.jpg

6 days in water and the trichs are still there.
WC_3d.jpg
WC_4d.jpg
WC_5d.jpg

4 empty trays under the bud tray in the dehydrator. Piece of cheesecloth to keep the little leaves from falling through.
WC_6d.jpg

I'll be running heat in the dehydrator for 20 minutes on, and 2 hours off for most of the day. About 8-10 cycles and then just let them sit all night. By wakey-bakey time tomorrow they should be ready for just that.
WC_7d.jpg

Great Job Mugs! Congrats! :cheer::goodjob::cheer:

I called mine the "Drowned Rats" :rofl:

I like the use of the dehydrator on a time schedule... should speed up the drying process quite a bit :thumb:

Thanks for sharing this with us :Namaste:

great job mugs!

curious for sure about WC now...... might just try it on a small sample just to see the flavor and taste...

Took longer than I thought it would to dry those bud. Had to bump them with 20 minutes of heat again this morning. The weather changed again and its cold and raining, not helping the RH. Finally got to where the stem would snap after a fair amount of bending. Sealed it in a jar with a hygrometer and went to an appointment. After a couple hours, the RH in the jar was down to 62%, and time to weigh. 3.5g on the button from 24.1g fresh cut. I thought it would be more.
WC_14.jpg
WC_15.jpg

Cut this little one open to see inside. There are spots where the trichs have formed a solid mass.
WC_16.jpg
WC_17.JPG
WC_18.JPG

Time to smoke test it. Will test until knee stops hurting or I nod off. Will report later.:lot-o-toke::blalol::sleep:

We'll be awaiting the report Muggles great pics! You'll have less weight with a water cure because more of the crap and plant matter is gone. The good news is that all of the trichs are still there, this will be more potent per gram than if it were normally cured.

I smoked about 2 grains worth in 4 small hit and got a very clean cerebral high for 2 hours. two hits would have been enough, but it was already cut up, had to use it before I spilled it. Not much pain relief, but if I don't move around, I don't notice the pain as much. I didn't detect any taste or smell.

After dinner, I vaped an equal amount as smoked, and really took the top of my head off. Sat in front of the computer for 15 minutes trying to remember why I was sitting here.

Planning on taking a couple tokes just before bedtime to see what the morning after effect is like. Should have another report in the morning.

Should be getting another WC smoke report in the morning... how's your stuff been smoking for you dime?

Hey Blue, the buds have mellowed out even more in the taste and smell . I think after the dry there was a tiny bit of moisture in the stems so it's almost as if the buds have been curing a bit in the jar over the last few weeks.

The smoke does not smell like marijuana at all which is great for stealth. The smoke is super smooth and the taste is so faint, it's almost like taking a second hand hit. BUT... The hit knocks you on your arse :).

The Kief I got from the popcorn and trim is super strong. It is clean tasting and light smoking. I even tasted it and it was like it was nothing as well. It compresses well and holds shape so I know it's some good golden goodness:yummy:

I know you have seen the pics but thought I would share it again :thumb:
3cc144d6.jpg

:peacetwo:

Took 2 tokes at 11:30 last night, and went to bed at 12:00 and went right to sleep. Slept straight through to 06:45 and woke up still buzzed and a little Indica hang-over. Going to need a little 'hair of the dog' to get going today.

Modesty... another trait of a great member! To be honest, I had big plans for OMM, There is a bigger contest coming up next year I thought he would be perfect for.... now we just need to figure out how to get him on the ballot :).

I think we'd have a much better place to live with him in the Oval Office :high-five:

OMM 2012!!!

THIS :cheer: THIS :cheer: THIS !!! :cheer:

OMM
FOR PRESIDENT!

Don't mean to go off topic, but that Old Fart is one of my best friends!

So...back to topic!

Maybe my eyes suck (wait, no I am sure they do).. But I only see cloudy on the micro pictures. I was wondering if we can get before and after micro pics if someone is going to do another water cure... Probably more helpful before the drying (but after the soaking), as the trichs will be much closer after water weight is removed and the surface area shrinks...

Also, since cold hardens the trichome making it easy to break off.. Would using warm water or putting the container on a heat pad be a good idea? Not like hot, but maybe a few degrees over room temp?

And does water curing effect the flavor? Do you put in mason jars to further cure? I was under the impression that a long cure further develops sugars into other terpenes... But that maybe misinformation. But if it is true I don't know if this is for me.

One of my big things that made me unsure about giving this a go when I get some growing going... Was other terpenoids solubility in water, since THC obviously isn't the only medical component to our plants. I am HAPPY to report that CBD and BCP are not very water soluble. :thumb: good news for us with inflammatory diseases!

by the way Mr. 10cents, :nicethread:

THIS :cheer: THIS :cheer: THIS !!! :cheer:

OMM
FOR PRESIDENT!

Don't mean to go off topic, but that Old Fart is one of my best friends!

So...back to topic!

Maybe my eyes suck (wait, no I am sure they do).. But I only see cloudy on the micro pictures. I was wondering if we can get before and after micro pics if someone is going to do another water cure... Probably more helpful before the drying (but after the soaking), as the trichs will be much closer after water weight is removed and the surface area shrinks...

Also, since cold hardens the trichome making it easy to break off.. Would using warm water or putting the container on a heat pad be a good idea? Not like hot, but maybe a few degrees over room temp?

And does water curing effect the flavor? Do you put in mason jars to further cure? I was under the impression that a long cure further develops sugars into other terpenes... But that maybe misinformation. But if it is true I don't know if this is for me.

One of my big things that made me unsure about giving this a go when I get some growing going... Was other terpenoids solubility in water, since THC obviously isn't the only medical component to our plants. I am HAPPY to report that CBD and BCP are not very water soluble. :thumb: good news for us with inflammatory diseases!

by the way Mr. 10cents, :nicethread:

Hi THsea, mine was a mini test W/C on some buds with the worst of the PM that I wanted away from the rest. It was from day 52. The big W/C is yet to come. I'm thinking late next week, close to day 70. I'll try and do more detail for this one.

The distilled water was at room temp and the jar sat in a dark cupboard at room temp, 65-78.

The taste a smell are pretty much gone with the W/C. The way I understand it, the water leeches out the impurities (mold, dust, whatever) and the sugars, so when its dry, its done. Storing it in the curing RH zone can't hurt.

I'm curious about butter made from W/C will compare with normal cured. Will it be green, how will it taste, and will it be stronger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom