420 Magazine Background

Water curing...let's give this a try

YardDog35

Plant of the Month Winner - December 2011
Hi all, thanks for checking this out. I'm forced to water cure my L.A. Confidential because trace amounts of powder mold started showing up again. I thought I had won the battle using SNS's spray so I stopped toward the end of flower, like a dummy. Anyway, I couldn't stand the thought of smoking mold, just about as bad as I couldn't stand the thought of tossing this beautiful plant. She went 60 days in flower with about 30% amber trichs showing.

Long story short I did a search in this section and came across this thread 420 Magazine ®

I pulled 10 oz fresh cut off of this 2 foot girl, 9 oz is getting water cured. One cola looked really mold free, it was an oz freshly cut. An old book I have by Ed R. says you can microwave the bud to kill any mold. Seeing as I couldn't see any on it anyway I put it in for 30 seconds...its hanging looking good.

Today was the first water change. Water was milky green. I'll take pics tomorrow of the second water change. These were pics from Sunday after harvest.

water_curing_LA_015.jpghttp:


water_curing_LA_013.jpghttp:


Jars half filled
water_curing_LA_018.jpg


water_curing_LA_019.jpg

Filling with distilled water.
water_curing_LA_021.jpg

Full
water_curing_LA_022.jpg
 

YardDog35

Plant of the Month Winner - December 2011
The only news I have is bad news. I did it for 6 days, water was clear. Dried and smoked...very harsh. Did 2 more days, changing distilled water every 24 hours. Now it is even more harsh. I can literally feel it fill my lungs it is so harsh. Don't know what went wrong. I'm thinking its time to buy a vaporizer. I have 2 oz of this harsh ass medicine. It does hit the head hard though, one positive out of this. The cola that looked good and was cured normally came out super, best I've done so far. That makes this a tough pill to swallow.
 

Vapedogg223

Nug of the Month: June 2012
The only news I have is bad news. I did it for 6 days, water was clear. Dried and smoked...very harsh. Did 2 more days, changing distilled water every 24 hours. Now it is even more harsh. I can literally feel it fill my lungs it is so harsh. Don't know what went wrong. I'm thinking its time to buy a vaporizer. I have 2 oz of this harsh ass medicine. It does hit the head hard though, one positive out of this. The cola that looked good and was cured normally came out super, best I've done so far. That makes this a tough pill to swallow.

I did two separate try's with buds from two plants and had the exact same result...very, very harsh smoke. It was so bad the first time, I tried it again because I thought I did something wrong. Came out the same!

Everything I read had said water cured bud is very mild tasting, etc. I'm just glad I'm not the only one with this outcome.
 

Goldengoose7

Plant of the Month: Sept 2011, Nov 2012 - Nug of the Month: Oct 2012
Sorry to see and hear about your loss. :6:

That really sucks.

I think you need to do a SERIOUS top to bottom disinfectant job on your flowering and curing rooms before starting another grow! You want to make sure that all traces of the mold spores are gone from your veg room, flowering room and your curing room.

Perhaps try running at a lower humidity as well next time around? I keep my rooms at about 40-45% and have never had a mold problem.
 

YardDog35

Plant of the Month Winner - December 2011
That's a shame. Yes! Indeed. You do need a vaporizer. I just got a new one. It's an Arizer Extreme Q. I love it!

Thanks for the input on the vape...glad to hear you like yours.

I did two separate try's with buds from two plants and had the exact same result...very, very harsh smoke. It was so bad the first time, I tried it again because I thought I did something wrong. Came out the same!

Everything I read had said water cured bud is very mild tasting, etc. I'm just glad I'm not the only one with this outcome.
I read the same thing, thought it was going to save my harvest. Good to know I'm not the only one that had this experience.

Sorry to see and hear about your loss. :6:

That really sucks.

I think you need to do a SERIOUS top to bottom disinfectant job on your flowering and curing rooms before starting another grow! You want to make sure that all traces of the mold spores are gone from your veg room, flowering room and your curing room.

Perhaps try running at a lower humidity as well next time around? I keep my rooms at about 40-45% and have never had a mold problem.

Thank you for the kind words. I wish it was that easy to disinfect but I'm growing in my closet...tough to clean everything as needed. Luckily my RH is steady this time of year but a humidifier is on the list for sure. I think my main problem was the swing in RH from day to night. I've read that is a huge bonus for the mold. I'm in the low 40% range and 50% max with lights off. I also ordered a bomb online to set off in my place if needed, suppose to kill the spores instantly. I know sulfur burners are the way to go but I'm concerned about burning sulfur in my living space.




Thanks for the input and kind words all. That's why I love this community here at 420 mag!
 
Top Bottom